Hi, sorry if theres. Previous post similar i cant find one. My bold 9900 has just decided to turn its self off and wouldnt let me turn it n, i plugged the charger in and have done a couple of battery plls and it wont start up, its just coming up with a battery with a red cross through it, can anyone help?
    06-02-12 02:55 PM
    How long did ya charge it for?

Leave the device to charge 2-3 hours, and then, still connected to the charging cable, remove the the battery from the device a few seconds and reinsert it. If it boots--leave it to charge to 100% (check Options > Status for the percentage). If it doesn't reboot on the first attempt, leave it several more hours. I've had one charge for two days before it came back to life after an extreme battery depletion. Every 3-4 hours, with the device still connected to the charger, you can remove and replace the battery to see if it reboots.

If it doesn't boot--try using another wall outlet charger or just another wall outlet. If you are connected via USB to the PC, make certain that you have Desktop Manager (or the USB device drivers) installed.
    Make certain your USB cable is connected to one of the PC's main rear USB ports. Not a USB hub, nor a monitor USB port, nor a USB port on the front of the PC.

THEN, if after a day you cannot bring the battery to life per the above: If your BlackBerry stays powered off with a black screen, follow the instructions below. The only indication of life might be the blinking red LED light in the top corner. Nothing seems to wake it up and Desktop Manager doesn't recognize any device is connected.

1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.
    http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/
    2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."
    4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.
    5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.

NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.
    http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.p...stem_Downloads
    Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.

BTW..I copied this from another forum.
    Last edited by DanTheDriver; 06-02-12 at 11:41 PM.
    06-02-12 11:33 PM
    Hello,

I have the exact same problem!! I followed the steps above (and was even told to do the same by the RIM agent I spoke to on their customer service), but the application loader always gets stuck at the 'wait for device initialization' phase. i always get a pop-up message stating APPLICATION LOADER WAS UNABLE TO CONNECT WITH YOUR DEVICE. PLEASE RE-CONNECT YOUR DEVICE AND CLICK RETRY.

Even after i hit retry.. the same message pops-up

HELLPPP!!!!!!!!
    11-17-12 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD