That looks great, although I prefer the stock one. Great job!
    09-20-11 12:15 AM
    Looks really good!! Nice job, I'll prefer the chrome stock bezel over the black!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-11 12:41 AM
    For some reason I still prefer the chrome finish but that's not bad either.
    09-20-11 01:22 AM
    if the side buttons were black it would look better. i imagine its just chinese anodized black so beware of scratches
    10-23-11 10:12 AM
    I had the 9780 before and I managed to change the chrome to black...
    The 9780 always had a black bezel. The 9700 had a chrome one.

10-23-11 10:19 AM
    i just ordered as a result of your post... im gonna do a scratch test on a part that i wont see to see how deep the coloring is...
    10-23-11 10:45 AM
    That's a good look, I'm tempted!

10-23-11 12:30 PM
    So I finally decided to grow a pair and change the Bezel on my Bold 9930. I ordered a Black Bezel from True Supplier and received it yesterday. To my surprise it was all metal, just like to stock bezel only in all black. I was a little nervous to do it since there is a lot to the dis-assembly but I just had to try it. It turned out pretty well and works with the charging pod as well.
    So question, after a month of having it black, how scratched up is it? Do you still have it black or did you switch back to the original chrome?

Seriously thinking of doing this, just looking at some long term thoughts lol everyone loves it at first, but after using it for a while is when the true love comes lol

Thanks
    10-23-11 02:02 PM
    So question, after a month of having it black, how scratched up is it? Do you still have it black or did you switch back to the original chrome?

Seriously thinking of doing this, just looking at some long term thoughts lol everyone loves it at first, but after using it for a while is when the true love comes lol

Thanks
    Its actually held up really well. No scratches (minus very light surface scratches that you can't really see). I go back and forth. That's one of the reasons I like to mod my BB's is that I can make it seem like a brand new phone by switching out the bezel whenever I want.
    10-23-11 05:12 PM
    Its actually held up really well. No scratches (minus very light surface scratches that you can't really see). I go back and forth. That's one of the reasons I like to mod my BB's is that I can make it seem like a brand new phone by switching out the bezel whenever I want.
    Sweet! Thanks for the response, will probably order one in the next few days
    10-23-11 11:06 PM
    That's a pretty clean cut 9900, for some reason I still prefer the chrome finish but that's not bad either.
    I feel the same way, I think it looks smooth but I like the chrome bezel. I almost always have a case on my phone anyways so it would be a waste of time for me but nice job.
    10-23-11 11:43 PM
    nice..very nice
    10-24-11 05:00 AM
    That is GORGEOUS!!!!!

I would do that if I had the hoohahs to try it....
    12-04-11 05:58 PM
    Wow! really nice mod OP, the 9900 scares me! dont want to dissamble it, its soooo beautiful
    12-04-11 06:16 PM
    I must say Sir, that end result looks amazing and has literally made me do a triple take at my phone. What would you say the level of difficulty be with doing this be, I am fairly knowledge about taking apart phones and replacing lcds
    12-04-11 07:09 PM
    Great work but in my honest opinion, not diggin' it.

The phone looked cheaper maybe 'cos the metal part is now black and looks plastic.

But if you're happy with it then good for you.
    12-04-11 10:38 PM
    nice job, looks sweet.
    i would be a little too scared to open mine up.
    12-04-11 10:41 PM
    ok i have ordered this black bezel + leather battery-cover, now playing the waiting game.
    please post pics (esp the leather battery door) when you get it!!
    12-04-11 11:23 PM
    That looks very nice! Good job with the mod!
    12-05-11 03:49 AM
    I have a black bezel and wishing to replace it but when i opened my 9900 up there were little screws on the bezel that i couldnt take off with the torx screw, because i have to switch stuff from the chrome bez to the black. how did you do it? or did your'e black bezel come ready to replaced?
    07-27-12 11:48 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD