Hello everyone,

I got my bb 9900 as a graduation gift from my friends. A few days ago i got off a plane and tried to start it, it kept asking for my blackberry ID and password. even though i was writing the correct password it still rebooted. And now I've lost all my data. when i opened the back of the device to try to remove the SD card i discovered there wasn't an SD card in my device.
    On my phone were very important pictures of my grandmother before she passed away. The images on my bb's memory is all i need to retrieve.

can anyone help me?

Desperately,

Stacy
    10-19-13 07:36 AM
    I'm sorry to say I think you're out of luck. If the data is gone, you won't get it back unless it was backed up somewhere.
    10-19-13 07:39 AM
    Is there any way for me to restore my phone to a previous checkpoint ? or access the device memory? like you can do on your computer
    10-19-13 07:45 AM
    Not unless you backed it up using Blackberry Software or a 3rd party program.
    10-19-13 07:48 AM
    Did you enter your password numerous times before it rebooted ?

Did you have a sd card installed in your phone originally ?
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    10-19-13 07:59 AM
    Did you enter your password numerous times before it rebooted ?

Did you have a sd card installed in your phone originally ?
    This is what I'm curious about too. If there were photos on this SD card before you put it in the device, they will remain intact after a security wipe.

This is unclear to me based on the OP: You got the Bold as a graduation gift and would like to start using it i assume. (I also got this bold a couple days ago after my HTC One S died, bringing me to Blackberry after years of faithful service on Android. The 9900 is a great phone)
    When you tried to use the phone, you were prompted to input your BBID credentials, which subsequently failed repeatedly. The phone has since been security wiped due to too many failed attempts. Upon opening the phone, the microSD that you had in there is gone.
    Is this correct?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-19-13 08:49 AM
    I got the phone as a gift and started using it right away. I already had a BB ID from my old phone. After a few months of using it i turned it off to get on a plan. When i turned it on, my phone asked for my ID and password (and you have 10 chances to put in your password). Even though i was entering the correct password and ID it still rebooted to it's factory settings.

You can imagine the terror of reaching a new country where no one speaks the same language as me and having my data erased.

A friend told me i might have a chance to retrieve my data if i took out the SD card, but when i opened the back cover i found out that my phone didn't come with one(i had never opened the back cover previously).

I haven't had a chance yet to back up my data, and was hoping you guys could help me.

I really would appreciate any help i can get.

Stacey
    10-19-13 11:04 AM
    I got the phone as a gift and started using it right away. I already had a BB ID from my old phone. After a few months of using it i turned it off to get on a plan. When i turned it on, my phone asked for my ID and password (and you have 10 chances to put in your password). Even though i was entering the correct password and ID it still rebooted to it's factory settings.

You can imagine the terror of reaching a new country where no one speaks the same language as me and having my data erased.

A friend told me i might have a chance to retrieve my data if i took out the SD card, but when i opened the back cover i found out that my phone didn't come with one(i had never opened the back cover previously).

I haven't had a chance yet to back up my data, and was hoping you guys could help me.

I really would appreciate any help i can get.

Stacey
    I'm sorry. Unless you created a backup prior to this happening, there is no way you can recover your data. This is BlackBerry we are talking about. When they do a security wipe, they mean a security wipe. It is not physically possible to recover data from a security wiped BlackBerry.

I'm sorry to hear that you lost those photos of your grandmother Maybe you can get a copy of pictures that someone else took. It happened to me too, except I didn't lose anything of particular importance that couldn't be replaced.
    10-19-13 12:01 PM
    I was really hoping someone could help me.

I really appreciate you guys taking the time to try to help me.
    Thank you guys so much
    10-19-13 12:07 PM
    I was really hoping someone could help me.

I really appreciate you guys taking the time to try to help me.
    Thank you guys so much
    That's what we're here for. If you ever need help--ask. Just do a quick search first though.

"Better a broken promise than none at all" (Mark Twain). Remember that, complainers. Via Q10.
    10-19-13 12:11 PM
    I know this won't help now, but it would be best practice from now on to back up via desktop software every two weeks or more. There are many helpful people here and take the time to read up on user tips and suggestions to truly enjoy your phone. Using the search feature, you will likely find answers or insight into the more frequently asked questions or discover new shortcuts or other things that make a BlackBerry unique.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 12:18 PM
    Do you guys think that if i contact someone from the blackberry company the can help me? Because my phone should have come with an SD card. That's not something i had control over.
    10-19-13 12:39 PM
    Do you guys think that if i contact someone from the blackberry company the can help me? Because my phone should have come with an SD card. That's not something i had control over.
    I don't think it was supposed to come with an SD card. You can pick them up pretty cheap basically anywhere. And they won't be able to recover your data.

"Better a broken promise than none at all" (Mark Twain). Remember that, complainers. Via Q10.
    10-19-13 12:47 PM
    Some of the previous BlackBerry products came with them, but it was the carrier who usually bundled them. In Canada, this was much the case with Rogers, Bell and Telus. When people wanted lower prices for phones and shorter contracts, the carriers skimped out on the frills to cut down on costs... the cards provided were often slow generic no names that often failed after a few months anyways. For your data, you should always go with a major name brand if possible and 10 year or lifetime warranty on defects in manufacture.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 04:34 PM