hello everyone! my bb 9900 nuked itself, again.... I wiped it and reinstalled the OS. The problem is that won't finish booting up, or restarting... it just stops at 70% aprox of the "loading bar". I tried wiping it several times and even tried different OS (.694, .825 etc). Each and every one of them with same problem.

The weird thing is that the installation finishes correctly... what should I do?

thanks in advance
    02-04-13 01:48 AM
    Honestly, I don't have any special insight or knowledge here but I will throw in that when I've had to reboot my 9930 for whatever reason, it seems like mine gets stuck under the "e" of BlackBerry. What I have found is that if I just leave it for a while that it has always booted up. If you haven't given the device a solid 15 or 30 minutes to complete the boot, then may suggest that you try this.
    02-04-13 02:02 AM
    Hey, my Record After an Update was 20min staying on the Same Position "near the e" i think 30 min of no moving is possible... Good luck
    02-04-13 02:28 AM
    If I remember correctly, the Social Feeds app used to cause this problem.

Try shrinking it out and reloading and see if it reboots for you.
    02-04-13 08:00 AM
    I had the same problem... loads until the "E" BUT WON'T BOOT UP.

I'll try reinstalling OS without any social app
    02-04-13 10:19 AM
    Actually I just realized that mine stops under the second R (blackberRy)... tryed everything... can't make it work! :@
    02-04-13 02:32 PM
    Wait about 35 minutes. Is the memory card filled? There is occasionally a long delay when its being rebooted. It reindexes it. Try loading without the memory card.
    southlander likes this.
    02-04-13 11:15 PM
    Already tryed with and without the microsd memory card. The onboard memory is completely empty. Really cannot make it work this time...

already left if all night and still didn't restart... don't know what else to try...
    02-04-13 11:31 PM
    Hi! I had this problem and I'm not sure what methods you used. Did you use desktop manager? If so have you tried it with the app loader? If so have you tried it with bbsak, "blackberry swiss army knife"? If not that's going to be your best bet. There are plenty of threads on here about bbsak but it's pretty straight forward. You download bbsak, then the build you want for the os, which sounds like you already have plenty on your computer. Then open up bbsak and it will already wipe, back up, delete the vendor.xml file and then begin a sterile install of the OS. Its not hard and pretty straight forward but if you feel this is not enough info look it up in the forums and even YouTube. Hope this helps and let me know with your feed back. If it doesn't work let me know and I can help you un-nuke it further.
    02-05-13 03:43 AM
    I tried app loader (as I usually do), also tried from Desktop Manager... either way nothing happens.
    Actually with DM, after almost AN HOUR when the loading bar (the DM one, not the BB screen) a message appeared, something like the device was not conected and asked me to retry (so I did) but nothing happened....

With app loader says that the installation succesfully completed...

Both ways I ALWAYS wipe it with BBSAK (also tried using JL_cmder). I tried 3 or 4 OS (the one I was using before all this happened, .694 or something, the AT&T one... and the last ones)
    02-05-13 04:03 AM
    Dayum dude you aren't playing. Sorry I'm no help then. Last resort is how old is it? BlackBerry has a 1 year warranty so youtake it to att and they should swap you out a new one. That's all I got since you already did everything.
    02-05-13 04:20 AM
    It's like a year and 2 months... 1 or 2 weeks after the "year warranty" started to fail every 3 or 4 days... forcing me to wipe and reinstall every single time... Normally I would make it work... fora couple of days until the next error/freeze/nuking etc... and so.

but now... have no clue (the weirdest thing is that just before this happened, I format/erase the onboard memory, (which was causing me troubles) and had jusssst reinstalled an OS... after 5 or 6min stting it up (didn't even had the time to restore the backup) got frozen... and from that point... couldn't started it :/
    02-05-13 04:28 AM
    Check with another battery if you had any. Can't think of anything else after a reinstall. As long as the reboot doesn't happen after a reinstall and you installed some apps which would indicate that your device is filled up with all the languages you get on standard installs.
    02-05-13 04:51 AM
    Check with another battery if you had any. Can't think of anything else after a reinstall. As long as the reboot doesn't happen after a reinstall and you installed some apps which would indicate that your device is filled up with all the languages you get on standard installs.
    I tried another battery and nope...wont star... When I install any os im just selecting the really necesary... Not apps games ect
    02-05-13 05:22 AM
    If you got insurance I guess you could do that. Sorry for stating the obvious
    02-05-13 02:16 PM
    Have you tried starting your Berry in a safe mode? It would load only components necessary to operate.
    Give it a go... At least you will no if for sure no 3rd party app / theme / other component is responsible for the nah-nah start...

To start-up a BlackBerry Storm™ 2 and BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry� 6 and BlackBerry� 7 to 7.1 in Safe Mode complete the following steps:

Remove and reinsert the BlackBerry smartphone battery.
    Once the loading bar is displayed on the screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, press and hold the Escape key until you hear beeping or the loading bar completes then release the Escape key.
    When the BlackBerry smartphone boots up the Safe Mode disclaimer listed below appears, click OK to dismiss the disclaimer.
    Source: KB17877-How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode
    02-06-13 04:31 AM
    If you got insurance I guess you could do that. Sorry for stating the obvious
    as I said i have no insurance, and the warranty expired...

Have you tried starting your Berry in a safe mode? It would load only components necessary to operate.
    Give it a go... At least you will no if for sure no 3rd party app / theme / other component is responsible for the nah-nah start...

Source: KB17877-How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode
    it get stuck at the same point... (under the E) :S
    02-06-13 02:41 PM
    So I managed to make it reboot! BUT as soon as it loads up, it get stuck and frozen... can't do nothing... not even a restart (alt + shift +del)... So I tried in safe mode... annd same thing happen...

Two steps forward... one step backwards :S
    02-07-13 04:12 AM
    I am having the exact same issue. Did you end up with any resolution to your problem? This just happened out of the blue for me. Seems like a common enough problem but no solution except reloading and reloading and hoping after upteen times and hours that it takes. Very frustrating!! Wish things were spelt out on the BB website better. I mean its not too hard to follow but even things like BB saying hold down the "escape key".....why not include a little picture of what it is????? Ya sure basic but I don't use BB qwerty much. Even safe mode doesn't work. Any luck......anyone?????? As this is my wife's phone, she would have thrown it away by now. Wonder how most non-tech users deal with this? Gotta make things more user friendly.
    02-27-13 05:04 PM
    Just started having the exact same issue here. Anyone find a solution?
    03-30-13 12:27 AM
    Just started having the exact same issue here. Anyone find a solution?
    Make hard reset!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-30-13 07:33 AM
    it's the same issue the first time I got my 9900,
    it can be your battery or the OS itself, I got two batteries in my pack and loading became good when I tried to change it to the spare batteries.
    Then I update the OS and now I can use both batteries.
    03-30-13 08:38 PM
    Already tryed with and without the microsd memory card. The onboard memory is completely empty. Really cannot make it work this time...

already left if all night and still didn't restart... don't know what else to try...
    Just to chime in here, I have the same problem with the same attempts to fix (wiped, installed various OS versions, etc.). I've never had the Social Feeds app installed. I've also used two or three different batteries. Won't boot beyond 70% or so in all cases.

I've had to roll back to a 9650 while I wait (and wait) for the Q10.
    Last edited by KPMcClave; 04-03-13 at 07:52 PM.
    04-03-13 07:37 PM
    I've had my 9650 not be able to restart many times and it was because of the apps it had installed on it. There is an error somewhere and it's making your phone lock up. So I had to wipe it completely and install the OS alone without any apps. Try to download the OS again make sure you delete the old OS' on your computer by going to uninstall programs on your computer, uninstall the OS and then go to C:/Program Files(x86)/Common Files/Research in Motion/Shared/Loader Files and then delete the OS folder. And then after that install a fresh OS onto your computer and then onto the phone and don't back up the phone when it asks you when you are about to install the OS.
    04-03-13 09:10 PM
    I experienced the same thing with my bold 9930 from verizon wireless and for close to a week I could not use my phone. I did everything that was to be done ranging from upgrading and downgrading software, to using wipe pro and all efforts was futile. I took it to a technician and he said my phone has been attacked by a malware virus and that it won't go off even if I did all the upgrading and downgrading.. He actually took the virus off my phone and its back working now so I suggest you all should try to do similar thing to your phones and your bold should be working perfectly.

Good luck with that!
    11-28-13 11:39 AM