I am doing a review right now on the device but showing things that have not been talked about in most other videos such as:

-speaker / sound loudness
    -pinch / double tap zoom on crackberry website
    -show recorded video/ pictures on phone
    -App world speed test

You can follow me @zammboss on twitter as I will post stuff there too.

if there is anything else people would like to see, please post it here and I will do my best to show a video of it.

Rogers Bold 9900 Review:

Video sample from 9900 - Dark to light to dark. Stander Def. HD to come

720p version:

Close ups of text (some with Auto and some with Close up mode. Not much difference when selecting either): https://picasaweb.google.com/1107586...O7klvTjpb_xYQ#

More random pictures: https://picasaweb.google.com/1107586...L2r3M6OgpOWmAE

***UPDATE***
    Aug. 14

Twitter, Wikitude, google maps, LED light, and password lock screen

***UPDATE***
    Sept. 19

***UPDATE***
    Sept. 20

***UPDATE***
    Sept. 22

***UPDATE***
    Sept 26

***UPDATE***
    Sept. 30

Last edited by euro2low; 09-30-11 at 06:29 PM.
    ericlc2, pythons, grover5 and 12 others like this.
    08-10-11 04:38 PM
    I'd love to see the LED strength since it's new.
    08-10-11 04:43 PM
    Possibly the speed at which the camera takes photos? Take 3-4 photos in a row and show the lag or lack thereof between.

Thank you.
    08-10-11 04:45 PM
    Lots of people seem to be asking for close up pics of written text, ie Newspaper, books etc.. whats the closest you can go before the pics blur? and whats the level of detail if you had to zoom in on a macro shot?

Kudos for doing this for us all
    08-10-11 04:49 PM
    Outstanding! Can't wait to see the pictures you post of text ( documents ) and other close up shot!
    08-10-11 04:49 PM
    Lots of people seem to be asking for close up pics of written text, ie Newspaper, books etc.. whats the closest you can go before the pics blur?

Kudos for doing this for us all
    What he said. ^
    08-10-11 04:50 PM
    If you do take close up shots try to take one shot on AUTO scene mode and the same shot again in CLOSE UP scene mode so we see the difference it adds. Thanks again.
    08-10-11 04:53 PM
    Possibly the speed at which the camera takes photos? Take 3-4 photos in a row and show the lag or lack thereof between.

Thank you.
    already in the first video i will be uploading
    08-10-11 04:55 PM
    Do a video transition from Bright light to a dark light and see how fast the camera catch the transition as far as i know it take a while till it good to take a very clear and not blurred picture .
    08-10-11 04:58 PM
    updated with close up text pictures. I got REALLY close to the paper, i don't know how much closer i CAN / you want me to get!
    08-10-11 05:08 PM
    those pics are horrible but I still want the 9900
    08-10-11 05:11 PM
    i will be taking other pictures / video for you to see. these are only text close up.
    08-10-11 05:12 PM
    updated with more pictures.
    08-10-11 05:18 PM
    updated with more pictures.
    Wow, now those pics make it look like they were taken with a totally diff phone. *frown*
    08-10-11 05:45 PM
    Oh man... those close up photos are killing me.

Of all the concerns I had for this phone, I had no idea that a screwed up camera was even in the realm of possibilities. Last thing on my mind.

Sweet.... now I've got a reason to become a crackberry whiner!

It's a double whammy.
    08-10-11 05:53 PM
    Not gonna lie the camera is pretty dissapointing although I'm glad they put it in so they could make it a slimmer form factor.
    08-10-11 05:57 PM
    sorry for those that are not happy. it is not a big issue for me as i rarely ever have to take photos that close of text.
    08-10-11 06:24 PM
    BTW, LED is bright. Like Bold 9000 style.
    08-10-11 06:32 PM
    Is the vid up somewhere and i am missing it?
    08-10-11 06:33 PM
    camera, ouch.
    08-10-11 06:34 PM
    Is the vid up somewhere and i am missing it?
    No it's still uploading to YouTube. should be done in a minute. It's an 8min video in HD so takes a little while
    08-10-11 06:35 PM
    No it's still uploading to YouTube. should be done in a minute. It's an 8min video in HD so takes a little while
    Oh okay great, thanks again
    08-10-11 06:36 PM
    video uploaded. check first post.
    08-10-11 06:40 PM
    When you can - and I understand this may not be for a while - but when you can, will you wipe, try to shrink the OS down and do a selective load. Interested in what can come out of the load and how much space Application Storage space is gained. My typical is to wipe everything except BB App world, Facebook, BB Messenger and Docs to Go. I don't know if the social feeds is removable or non-loadable but would be interested to know what is removable and how much application space is left.

As a secondary, most of us know that at some point as app memor fills up, the device slows down. At some point the device will crawl. I have always found that when the device hits below 25% of total app memory my device is slow enough to require me to unload an app or two and/ or even reload the OS. So using free appications just to test, can you see at what point the OS begins to slow or become unstable. My guess is that somewhere near 100-120 megs of free app space a user might begin to experience intermittent lag, and somewhere around 80-100 megs the device has slowed considerably. I ask because this is a far beefier CPU and much better RAM than previously used by RIM, so its possible that even down to 0 free the device is still flying, but it would be great to see and share with others who might be cconcerned.
    08-10-11 06:48 PM
    video uploaded. check first post.
    Checking it out now, thanks for the vid. Covered alot of good points. Cant wait till mine gets here from Canada
    08-10-11 06:55 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD