Few days ago I got this brand new Blackberry 9900 white, it is my first Blackberry phone.
    Since day 1, it has never connected to BIS, I have spent more than 10 hours on phone with my carrier's technical support and RIM technical support, apparently no one can figure out what the problem is (my carrier has attempted to reenable BIS for my service number multiple times). RIM technical support has got the device log and says "still investigating".

Browser works, there is no service book related to my BIS registered Email or "provisioning"/Blackberry ID, however there is service book for WAP browsing.

From my observation, the device has been trying to register itself to BIS but always fails, I can see it in log messages.

RIM has suggested me to:

- Reset it to factory settings
    - Upgrade to latest OS
    - Have Wifi connection when trying to register the device
    - Resent service books

They don't seem to solve the problem, as I still have no BIS connection.

Do you guys know any other tricks which I should try?

Thank you.
    11-01-12 05:24 AM
    Just to reconfirm this is a brand NEW device, and thus it has NEVER been used on BES, right?

If it has been used on BES, i.e. if it has an I.T. Policy on it, somehow, that would need to be removed. See the link, here.
    11-01-12 06:41 AM
    thank you, the phone shop said to me that it is new, and I have already attempted reset to factory settings.
    11-01-12 09:59 PM
    Not sure that it my help, but my wife's 9810 BIS stop working when she was on a trip overseas some time ago. My SP and RIM tech support spent few days on figuring out what's the problem. In the and turned out wife "accidentally" had turned off data when roaming.

I would check, no matter the shop says it's brand new, if the device have been registered with other SP or the PIN is blocked.
    hzguo likes this.
    11-01-12 11:17 PM
    thank you for the suggestion, so.. how do I know if the PIN is blocked? RIM doesn't know about this and my carrier doesn't seem to know either.

My carrier says my PIN number and IMEI are successfully registered, and I am able to register an Email address from BIS portal, there is no error message whatsoever.
    Last edited by hzguo; 11-02-12 at 03:31 AM.
    11-02-12 02:41 AM
    Brand new phone.... Take it back & get another one that works. why bother with all this, Go back & get a replacement.
    hzguo likes this.
    11-02-12 09:50 AM
    Just for "the record" - checking PIN is not blocked or registered with another SP can be done by going to any SP blackberry website and proceed with registration - PIN IMEI etc. IMPORTANT - don't ever complete the registration, there is a point at which info spears showing the device can be registered or not.

If your SP told you the device was successfully registered with the network then no issue with this 9900 PIN/IMEI
    hzguo likes this.
    11-04-12 02:54 AM