Hello,

My bb showed yesterday the white screen with JVM something notice.
    So I did all restting and updating stuff through DM and it worked fine. it updated the software and all apps. But after couple of hours the phone started to restart many times ... it worked for a mintue then it restarted again and again.
    I deleted whatsapp and bb application app and no other apps are installed in my bb. But that didnt help.

What can i do? :S

Thanks
    08-13-12 01:15 AM
    When I turn off the 3G it works fine ... so with the 2G or no network the phone stops restarting :S
    08-13-12 03:35 AM
    It sounds like you may have an OS java issue, could be one of the apps, or the OS itself,

Only way around this could be reloading your OS, or updating it if that makes sense.
    08-13-12 03:40 AM
    Hey Herzali,

Welcome to the CrackBerry forums

Firstly, what os did you install on your Bold? Was it a leak or official os?

Try also to put a piece of cardboard paper/business card type material inside the battery door, above the battery as this may help it to not restart aswell.

My dad has the Bold 9900 and it was restarting alot in the beginning until I put something in the battery door

Somehow the design of the battery door of some 9900's have inconsistencies which causes the battery itself to become dislodged if the BlackBerry itself is being moved abruptly, that's from my personal understanding.

Hope this has helped

Regards,
    Mikey
    08-13-12 03:46 AM
    If u already did not wipe phone I would say boot info safemood an see if it stops, if it don't then ya could be a app up try an get apploader to pick it up an remove the last installed app or just wipe an start new
    08-13-12 11:34 AM
    Do you have a very weak 3g signal?
    08-13-12 11:42 AM
    This may not help, but my 9900 got stuck in a reboot loop a few days ago, shortly after I did a battery pull (for the usual shrinking-app-memory BB problem).

It would finish starting up, then start chattering on the network, then a few moments later it would simply reset. I tried capturing logs with javaloader, and even manually looking at the event logger, but found no clues.

So here's how I fixed it...
    1) Inserted battery, waited for the phone to boot
    2) Immediately after the UI started to respond, I disabled the radio
    3) Went into the Application Management screen, switched between the CPU and Memory tabs, and just watched things for a while.
    4) A little while after everything settled down, I turned the radio back on. Everything's been fine since.

One thing that's obvious during startup is that this is when a lot of things (OS and 3rd party) spike in their CPU/memory usage as they initialize and load all their data. The media scanning process is particularly noticeable for this. I'm wondering if what I experienced was simply the perfect storm of running out of memory in just the right ways.

While Java apps aren't allowed to use more memory than the system can give (they get exceptions), I suspect the same may not always be true for the few bits of "native" code lurking around in the system. (e.g. media processing, SQLite databases, browser engine, parts of the radio stack, etc.) My theory is that just the right combination of both types of code sucking up resources leads to this situation.

P.S. Sorry of that rambling speculation sounded technical. I am a developer.
    08-13-12 12:00 PM
    Bro r u sure about this? Mikey
    10-20-12 04:23 AM
    Hey Mikey...
    please whats a battery door?....my bold 9900 restarted by itself,when it came on,it showed me some warning about the device having some issues,so i pressed 'Repair',as soon as i did that,it started restarting by itself,it would load to a level and restart.sometimes it would just stop loading and stay there.Freaking annoyin!!!!!!!
    01-24-14 03:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD