I noticed a while ago that my 9900 was not vibrating ... I didn't give it a lot of thought, but then it started working properly again.

Well, it stopped vibrating again today. I've reset it, I'm about to do a battery pull ... and that has made no difference.

I am running 7.1 Bundle 1886 (v7.1.0.649, Platform 5.1.0.480)

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!
    10-22-12 02:42 PM
    is it still within the warranty date?
    10-22-12 10:51 PM
    Any suggestions? I am going to stop in at Rogers to see what they recommend, but is there anything I can do?

It isn't vibrating right now ...
    12-27-12 09:53 AM
    Sometimes phones suffer from a mechanical failure where the vibration motor simply stops working. Mostly, this is a hardware malfunction and you can't fix it the easy (software) way, you'll need to send the device in or repair it yourself. Have you tried any scenarios where you can "force" the vibration to work? For example the "test" button within the profiles?
    12-27-12 10:05 AM
    I have tried the test scenarios ... unfortunately, this problem is intermittent. However, I did try that as recently as this morning with no luck.

Sometimes phones suffer from a mechanical failure where the vibration motor simply stops working. Mostly, this is a hardware malfunction and you can't fix it the easy (software) way, you'll need to send the device in or repair it yourself. Have you tried any scenarios where you can "force" the vibration to work? For example the "test" button within the profiles?
    12-27-12 10:58 AM
    Heeey I had this problem yesturday on my bold 9900 and I did a full reset of the os using bbsak wiped it and reinstalled my os a clean one without backup and it was working again
    12-27-12 11:02 AM
    Ok, stopped at Rogers at lunch.

I bought the phone December 29, 2011 ... and it came with "Handset Protection" ... which means I have the privilege of putting down a $50.00 deposit to get a loaner BB (likely a Curve) while my personal phone is sent in for repair/replacement.
    Of course, the damn thing starts vibrating again on the way back from Rogers ...

I will be dropping it off this evening after I do a fresh back up.
    12-27-12 12:27 PM
    Very strange. You could always try to do a full wipe with BBSAK and reload a fresh firmware, just in case this could really be a software issue. Did you perform any restarts or something before the phone started vibrating again?
    12-27-12 04:07 PM
    Well I had this problem yesturday as I said ^^ and all did was a clean new os n now its working fine
    12-27-12 04:14 PM
    I'm actually going to do this ...

First off, the stupid thing has been working properly since I left the store ... secondly, I OBJECT seriously to having to put a deposit down on a loaner phone, especially when I've been a Rogers cell customer for about 10 years now! Nuts!

Very strange. You could always try to do a full wipe with BBSAK and reload a fresh firmware, just in case this could really be a software issue. Did you perform any restarts or something before the phone started vibrating again?
    12-28-12 01:48 PM
    I've tried wiping it ... it didn't change anything.

Called Rogers tech support ... they confirmed that since I did a wipe that it must be hardware. Told the tech I was not interested in paying the $50.00 deposit and he put me onto a manager.

After speaking with the manager, he agreed to waive the $35.00 fee for an advance replacement unit to be sent to my home. Once I gets here, I will change things over and start again!
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    12-29-12 08:27 AM