Ok so I finally got the Bold 9900 last evening.... I had already read the threads on the forums and more or less knew what to expect about the features, battery, limitations etc...
    Before I unboxed it I downloaded the official 353 OS as the stock was 261 and the new Desktop Manager 6.1 I generally Do not stick to stock and as soon I get a phone upgrade to the latest version.....
    So unboxed it... turned it On.... WOW ..... I was sold on the crisp display itself and then the touch feature.... its was FAST... Way fast compared to my older bolds......I noticed that my operator server didnt recognise the Device and I had to manually set up the E mail accounts.....
    Later just went ahead and upgraded the OS using the LOADER it took around 20 Mins for whole thing to go ahead and transfered contacts and stuff..... Within an hour or so the blackberry was up n running for me to play.

So here are few of my observations:
    1. The boot up time initially was Fast like it was around less than a minute.... Then when I noticed on the operator server my phone isnt recognized I had to call them and ask them to reset. Which they did and then they sent across the service books again and my 9900 was finally running with the server. Now after rebooting again once it was linked to the server I notice the Boot time went WAY UP as others pointed out to around 3 minutes or so.... There has to be some reasoning that when I had manually setup the IDs the boot time was good and when my operator sent the service books on my request the Boot time somehow increased. Since I had not installed anything else in this time frame I beleive this was the only cause.

2. Once this reboot happened there was crazy activity going on with the network transfer with my phone getting way slow and the transfer arrows shooting up and down. I just kept it for around 10-15 minutes and when I came back to pick it was CRAZYYYY HOTTT.... I then noticed that the activity is still going on and didnt want to take a risk i just did a battery pull. The Battery was HOT and when I say HOT it means it could burn your skin HOT..... I couldnt understand why this happened but when I did a reboot again I noticed the activity was gone and the phone became stable again! So far havent had this issue again with the phone hotting up!

3. Overall the battery life seems to be around 12-13 hours with normal usage provided you have limited social activities on... I dont use twitter but just FaceBook so thats on... the Wifi is only on when I need it.... Am on 2G and just turn on 3G when I need it.... Bluetooths off.... Browsing/BBM again on need basis.... 40-50 E Mails a day and so far it doesnt seem that bad.... Surely a let down from earlier 9700 but I guess BB would have to find a way out to ensure the burn get lowers with future OS upgrades!

4. Overall the phone is very fast and am still getting the hang of touch on it. I do have an Iphone as well so BB surely needs to do a lot of catching up. I believe they can add alot of new gesture controls etc and other things which could really make it productive along with the keyboard!

5. This is a business phone for me so it solves that purpose well...Yes the APPSTORE is still a sad story but those comparing it with an Iphone surely do not do justice. For that you need to compare Iphone with Torch and I believe once QNX is out BB would put a tough fight for them.

If some of you have other suggestions to enjoy the phones capability further and make it productive please do share along with other hidden gems which I can explore!
    Lets hope so that this continues to be a good story for me...
    09-21-11 02:56 AM

5. This is a business phone for me so it solves that purpose well...Yes the APPSTORE is still a sad story but those comparing it with an Iphone surely do not do justice. For that you need to compare Iphone with Torch and I believe once QNX is out BB would put a tough fight for them.
    When the QNX is out, it would be a tough fight for Apple or Android ASSUMING that Apple or Android is not doing anything. But in reality, Apple will do things to improve their services and so will Android. So I personally think Blackberry will still play catch up unless they have some super hidden skills that both Apple and Android are not aware of

- Charles
    09-21-11 03:42 AM
    If Apple comes out with the holographic keyboard and projector features for the new iPhone 5, then i'm sorry to say - Blackberry would be FINITO.
    www.intomobile.com/.../iphone-5-concept-includes-laser-keyboard-holographic-projection-unicorns/
    09-21-11 08:09 AM
    Love this Blackberry... Enjoy it.
    09-21-11 08:25 AM

3. Overall the battery life seems to be around 12-13 hours with normal usage provided you have limited social activities on... I dont use twitter but just FaceBook so thats on... the Wifi is only on when I need it.... Am on 2G and just turn on 3G when I need it.... Bluetooths off.... Browsing/BBM again on need basis.... 40-50 E Mails a day and so far it doesnt seem that bad.... Surely a let down from earlier 9700 but I guess BB would have to find a way out to ensure the burn get lowers with future OS upgrades!
    same for me.. but after 5 days it got better and became roughly 24 hr battery life
    09-21-11 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD