on previous BB handsets I had a hard MUTE button on top. The new devices have one button. When my phone rings in the holster this button does not work to silence the ring. I have been removing the phone from the holster and using the "ringer off" onscreen button. A bit inconvenient. Anyone know how to silence the ring while in an OEM case?

BTW, running 7.0.0.440
    10-13-11 05:24 PM
    In profile options, third choice is to choose if the phone rings in the holster. Choose out of holster and set that for each profile. Won't ring in the holster provided the holster has the sleeper magnet.
    10-13-11 06:11 PM
    Same thing I would recommend and set to vibratew in the holster and your problem is resoved or like I do on certain profiles I have set to vibe maybe 2 times and then ring but I know 2 vibes what it is and pull it out of the holster before it rings to answer it.

You just have to play around with what works best for you.
    10-13-11 06:58 PM
    on previous BB handsets I had a hard MUTE button on top. The new devices have one button. When my phone rings in the holster this button does not work to silence the ring. I have been removing the phone from the holster and using the "ringer off" onscreen button. A bit inconvenient. Anyone know how to silence the ring while in an OEM case?

BTW, running 7.0.0.440
    Press any of the volume keys and it will silence your ring.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-11 03:48 AM

Sure, but only after already being a disturbance.
    10-14-11 06:24 AM

Yes, but only for a second or two until the rigner starts again. It will stop when out of the holster but not when in the holster
    10-14-11 05:53 PM
    Ahhhh. Mute key (and probably volume keys too) stop the ringing. Good solution for me.
    10-14-11 07:05 PM
    With my 9000, pressing the volume keys will silence it. Now with the 9900, it'll only silence for a second and it'll start up again, very annoying. I hope they fix this in an update...
    01-11-12 06:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD