I found this thread but there isn't anything actually IN the thread so I figured I'd start this new one.

I bought my Bold 9900 about 2 weeks ago now and I immediately put 7.1.0.190 on when I got home. I just installed .205 tonight and still the same problem. I'm not too sure if this is an issue with 7.1 but when I get a minute, I'll downgrade to my official release OS and give it a try.

The issue:
    When playing music from my media player, a random song will start playing all distorted for no apparent reason. When I stop the song or mute the song with the middle volume button and then start playing it again, it'll be back to normal. This happens with the speaker and with headphones in. It isn't one particular song or genre or band or anything. It happens to a random MP3 I have on my MicroSD card and this was not happening to on my Bold 9700 with the same music. The quick fix of stopping the song and restarting it works but I don't want to have to keep doing that.

Anyone else experiencing this or heard of this happening to anyone else? I would like to know if it's the OS or the Hardware of the phone because if it's the hardware, I should bring it in more sooner then later since it's a brand new phone
    01-19-12 12:20 AM
    I don't think it's a hardware issue because when I'm playing norbex radio the music plays normal.

S far the sound is only distorted is when I play my mp3 off he microsd card and when I get a message, that sound notifier is also distorted.

I update from .250 to .590 and the distortion is still here, it could or could not be hardware.

And not to forget, the sound off YouTube is distorted too.

Wow I used the word "distorted" like 5 times! I guess I have to expand my vocab lol
    01-19-12 01:15 AM
    Exchange it. My original one was distorted also. Received a replacement that is completely free of the issue. I suspected a faulty speaker. Mine would only distort with certain frequencies.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-12 08:03 AM
    Mine has started doing it with 7.1
    01-19-12 09:29 AM
    that happened to me yesterday! i had my 9900 plugged into my car audio jack (after upgrading to 7.1) and only one song out of the 30 or so that i played sounded weird. after a pause and replay it was fine. So weird.
    01-19-12 10:37 AM
    Happend to me too but it only happened twice to me and so far so good.
    01-19-12 11:19 AM
    I don't I will return my bold just bcuz of the distortion, it's not to a point where it drives me crazy, when I updated to .590 and it seems to be good and not crazy and most of the time sounds normal.

I do not want a refurbished when I brought my phone New and I don't have any problems with the brick issue so far so ill pass on the return/exchange.

My advice to update ur os and after everything, when the stock os for me was very distorted until I update to .590
    01-19-12 12:27 PM
    Think this is an OS issue and not a hardware issue
    01-19-12 03:50 PM
    I've had this happen before with 7.1. Restarting the song fixed it, so it didn't bother me much.
    01-19-12 04:28 PM
    The refurb I got after mine bricked is a better build than my first. But I'm sure it is a bit of a crap shoot. After 40 days and not a hiccup I am quite happy. Hope you find a permanent solution.
    01-19-12 05:35 PM
    Update:

I downgraded it back to 7.0.0.585 (which in itself was a hassle... never before but obviously on this day it had to be. I'll save you the story) and I'm listening to music as I write this with no distortion. Seems to be an issue with 7.1. Like I stated in the first post, I had both .190 and .205 and happened in both builds.

To clear a few things up with a couple of the comments before. I doubted it was a hardware issue souly because it wasn't the speakers doing the distortion. It would happen if I had it playing through the speakers, through a pair of headphones and also when I would plug it through an aux into my car. I had zero experience with 7.0 because the first thing I did when I got home was I installed the leaked 7.1.0.190.

I think I'll wait for an official release or another leak to come out with a known fix to this issue. Curious, can I contact anyone and point out this "known" issue for them to fix?
    01-20-12 03:00 PM
    I haven't installed 7.1 OS yet, but for those with distorted sound, maybe you just need to repair the memory and format the memory.. it's worth a shot.
    01-20-12 05:26 PM
    i downgraded back to 7.0.0.598 and havent had a problem.
    01-23-12 01:12 PM
    Update:

I went back to 7.1 when 7.1.0.267 leak came out and well, now that it's an official release, you'd think it'd be better but maybe they didn't read my post? (lol right)

So here's my gripe with .267: I'll be playing music and decide to put it on pause for whatever reason, while it's still on pause I'll receive a BBM (not too sure if this matters but I have a custom tone for texts and BBM) but it'll give me this weird kinda... click sound as well as the tone. I'll go back to play my music and get an error message (when I can, I'll get a screen shot of the error in question). I cannot play music now unless I pull the battery but not only that, all of my sound is eff'ed. Won't play notifications, won't play music, won't play any sort of noise period.

I'm tempted to go BACK down to 7.0 because there wasn't any of this before. Anyone else having issues with sound/music?
    03-06-12 01:00 PM
    @svjones

You're not the only having this issue - I first noticed it on the .205 leak, but it was pretty horrible there. I still have it on the 0.267 leak, but, like you said, when you skip the song, it goes back to normal. I've only had it give the the "media processor busy" error that you're talking about a few times, not as bad as with the 0.205 leak which gave it to me constantly.

There's another thread talking about this, and one person said that repairing the memory would help, so I tried it and it didn't do anything. As of now, I guess its something to live with until it gets fixed.

It sucks, but its definitely OS related. Never had an issue with it on the 7.0 OS's that i've tried.
    03-06-12 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD