I have read older posts but they don't seem to work for me. 9930 BIS. I have tried the memo pad attempt, it still shows as one loooong signature line on my email when read from a computer. The lines/breaks are not being recognized. I use the set-up /edit email option on the phone. I do not know how to do this from the Sprint website if it is even possible. Any help is appreciated.
    02-05-12 01:00 PM
    Tried Word Substitution? Same as older os's Auto Text. You can setup your sig to be enabled by just pressing 2 or 3 letters follwed by a space. I can't understand why you would have formatting issues with the sig line. I haven't ever used more than 1 line though. In Typing and Language/Word Substitution, press Menu/New then fill in the fields. Hope this helps.
    02-05-12 01:35 PM
    Thanks, I will try that. I had been trying to figure out how to do the auto text option, now thanks to you i can confirm because it doesn't technically exist. LOL
    I still wish with BB being a "business" phone they would have made this easier. This method will be a band aid if it works, but still isn't convenient because it means I have to remember to add the signature instead of it being automatic which is should be on a business phone.

I need mutli lines because on my business email it lists my title and also the various agency websites in my signature. :-)

02-05-12 01:59 PM
    The only other thing I can think of is sending via email all your contacts a "card". There is the option in your address book, open address book menu/send card. But you need to set yourself up as a contact with addresses and phone numbers etc. Or you could setup a Vcard. I have not done this but it may be worth it for you to check into it. Best of luck on your journey D_Town. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
    02-05-12 03:32 PM
    02-05-12 03:35 PM
    More help? You've been a GREAT help. The word substitution works flawlessly. I have to remember to do it, but when I do , it's quick and pretty painless. Not the preferred method, but at least it is a method! LOL . Thank you very much for the help!
    02-05-12 03:43 PM
    Hard return or carriage return works for me - not sure why you're not able to format it the way you want?
    02-05-12 03:58 PM
    Hard return or carriage return works for me - not sure why you're not able to format it the way you want?
    Nope. Return just jumps me to another screen of settings. This has happened to other people too. Maybe because its a 9930. I dunno.
    02-05-12 04:14 PM
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=sprint Here is the sign in for Sprint BIS.
    02-05-12 04:15 PM
    Okay D_Town, you got me curious so I sent myself a "Calling card". Open Addy book, Menu/Send Calling Card. Opened the test email and the entire contact page was there as an attachment. Included was all my info, phone, address, emails and even pin#. Pretty handy but the drawback was the person you are sending it to has to "open" the attachment to see the info. The plus side is if they have a Blackberry they can instantly add all the info to their address book. Any new personal info when attaching a new card can be updated just by opening the new card and selecting, Update Contact. Okay now I'll be able to sleep tonight without wondering! I just had to know! Hahaha!
    02-05-12 08:10 PM
    That card thing sounds pretty nifty! I will take a look at that solution as well.
    02-06-12 11:59 AM
    I've tried that site from Sprint/Nextel. It just directs me to use my phone though. thanks for tryin! lol
    02-06-12 12:01 PM
    Try the calling card its pretty cool. Just make sure and add yourself to your address book with all the info you would like others to receive. I think I will start usining this feature too! Thanks!
    02-06-12 02:16 PM
    What email service are you using? Do you sync with Outlook? If so, you can create the sig in Outlook and it will sync to your phone settings. I'm on BES, so anything I do in Outlook is instantly synchronized OTA and signatures work perfectly. I'm guessing you could do the same with a manual sync through DM if you're using BIS and Outlook on the desktop.
    02-06-12 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD