That's correct!

Mugen release 1500mah JM1 Battery, now we are talking!-s12_10_17__19_16_33.jpg
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ryshhh; 10-17-12 at 05:20 AM.
    ArsBak likes this.
    10-17-12 02:14 AM
    Sorry but, I will never believe this bullsh*t...

10-17-12 03:54 AM
    I just bought a 2430mah battery for my 9900. It is a "gold" battery.

Is as thin as the original one, but it says that has 2430mah.

I will tell you how it works.

Cheers from Barcelona! ;-)
    10-17-12 05:15 AM
    I just bought a 2430mah battery for my 9900. It is a "gold" battery.

Is as thin as the original one, but it says that has 2430mah.

I will tell you how it works.

That's pretty cool.
    10-17-12 04:56 PM
    Update: Day 2 and first work day. 15.5 hrs and sitting at 15%. we are maybe 5-10% better than typical for me. Hope this is not as good as it gets!

with Wi-Fi and BT on, paired, Opera running, no Twitter running, normal amounts of emails, maybe 2 hrs more on 3G than a normal workday (went out for lunch), plus about 60 mins of calls.
    That's about all I'm seeing after 11 days. Marginally better than the stock JM1. If I'm not busy at work and spend too much time bridge-browsing, I still can't go all day. Difference now is it drops 13% an hour instead of 16% (although I did see a couple of stretches of 15% drain last week). Bridge still sucks the juice like there's no tomorrow; unfortunately no non-business WiFi access, so it's the bridge or nothing.
    10-17-12 06:14 PM
    I was contemplating this but it looks like I'll pass. The numbers don't seem to warrant it. I hope the N series BB 10 has great battery life. I loved that about my 9700.
    10-17-12 06:18 PM
    That's pretty cool.
    Not so cool. As someone said is not a 2430mah battery... it lasts like the orginal more or less.

It is the second battery I buy for the 9900... first one was a "1500mah" but not the Mugen one.

I bought this two batteries because of the prices, but sometimes cheaper things are expensive!

I'm thinking of buying this REAL 1500mah from Mugen right now.

So my recomendation, do not buy the 2430mah GOLD Battery. I have done all the instructions that they said, like wasting all the battery first, then charge it for 12 hours and then when it was nearly to the end charge it again for 6 hours. Results are not what I was expecting.

Last edited by Biulet; 10-19-12 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Spelling
    10-19-12 01:33 AM
    Day 6: 16 hrs and 15% left. I'd say Mugen is giving about 10-15% improvement. I guess about right for the (rated) capacity difference.
    10-19-12 01:48 AM
    It's only a couple of days for me, but I have to agree that I'm seeing a roughly 10% improvement with the Mugen, which is about what I'd expect. I was actually doing a bit better with my Galaxy Blaze.
    10-19-12 07:20 AM
    i have been using mine since monday and charging it for 10-12 hours each night. the capacity is greater than the stock battery and the way the battery uses power is better. i noticed, as did others, when my battery drops to yellow i get more life in yellow and red than before. this battery will most likely get you through an 8hr work day with semi heavy usage. i text/bbm alot, have plenty of emails and get on web frequently. i agree it is worth the money and i hope it lasts for a while.
    10-19-12 03:28 PM
    Anyone also notice that the battery runs a lot cooler? It has yet to go over 25 C!

I'm at 45% after 25hrs.

10-19-12 06:47 PM
    I'm finding that after being in yellow for a while it craters quickly to red and under 5%. It doesn't seem to decrease linearly when it gets to 20%. Kind of annoying compared to the stock battery because you think at 20 you have lots of life left. For the little marginal improvement in life I don't think I'd. Recomend anyone bother getting one.
    bobj66 likes this.
    10-19-12 11:49 PM
    anyone seen or heard anything about this battery?
    10-22-12 10:37 PM
    I just received mine Saturday . I'm a pretty strong user of wi-fi and bridge . I have 19 hours of use and still sitting at 18 % (I've only had two run down and recharges) . I would usually recharge my original battery once during the to asure 18 hours of use. I'm very pleased with the Mugen 1500 so far.
    10-23-12 12:37 AM
    Two questions...why didn't RIM put it there in the first place? and if not dose RIM think it will harm the phone? and I had the 9930 the first one running the gps I was down to 25% AT 12 noon. so I took it back. got the shakes the got a second from best when it was 99.00 almost couldn't resist the price. it was like it was calling .that one worked better I notice the unboxing from sprint and from best buy. it looked like the one from sprint was one they took back in. Anyway you want to check battery
    life run GPS. along with the other things you do in the course of a day. I also ordered one if nothing else i will have two batteries.
    Lipo technology advances quickly. Maybe if you asked yourself "Why didn't Mugen have the 1500 sooner?".
    10-23-12 04:18 PM
    Not really happy with this as per an earlier post. I've conditioned the battery as required but the phone's radio shuts off at 20% and then quickly the battery drops to under 5% in a matter of minutes. Its almost as if the battery meter isn't reading the battery correctly. Also, as stated, it it only marginally better imo than the stock unit which I'm going back to. If someone wants my Mugen, PM me for a good deal, lol.
    10-23-12 10:19 PM
    People still killing the battery and re-charging per Mugen's asinine instructions? Man I hope not. Battery care can be found at www.BatteryUniversity.com

Fully discharging Lipos ruins them.

Puhleeeeeeze,,... Just put the batteries in the phone and use them just as you were.

The Batteries your using have a protection circuit to prevent a complete discharge so the battery doesn't completely die on you, but, that cutoff is well below a healthy discharge level so you can use the phone to its maximum potential if your in a Jam.

Any Lipo battery that gets a complete discharge (no protection circuitry) is instantly dead.

Ask anyone who is into RC. Or read up on Battery University.

10-24-12 08:36 PM
    People still killing the battery and re-charging per Mugen's asinine instructions? Man I hope not. Battery care can be found at Basic to Advanced Battery Information from Battery University

Fully discharging Lipos ruins them.

Puhleeeeeeze,,... Just put the batteries in the phone and use them just as you were.

The Batteries your using have a protection circuit to prevent a complete discharge so the battery doesn't completely die on you, but, that cutoff is well below a healthy discharge level so you can use the phone to its maximum potential if your in a Jam.

Any Lipo battery that gets a complete discharge (no protection circuitry) is instantly dead.

Ask anyone who is into RC. Or read up on Battery University.

You have addressed something I have been wondering about. I just got my mugen 1500mah today and I found myself questioning the instructions on the reverse of the packaging -

"Batteries should be initially charged and discharged 3-5 times to achieve stated capacity"
    "Always charge the new battery for at least 12 hours before use"

Is this not out-dated guidance where Lithium-ion batteries are concerned? I was of the understanding that they do not have the memory effect which the old ones had? The only reason I can think of why a full discharge might be needed is to calibrate the % meter with the new battery so that you get an accurate reading. This is a bit disconcerting if we are to trust that mugen know their stuff with batteries!

Also something I would love confirmed, if anyone knows, is if blackberries carry on taking in power after the battery meter displays full? Because I was under the impression that they automatically stop taking in power once they are at 100% - like a built in protection mechanism to avoid overcharging/battery damage? If so, there would be no way to charge "for at least 12 hours." as the mugen instructions?

I am using a Bold 9790. I'm not a very heavy user on the typical day and I often get the best part of 2 days out of my standard 1230mah JM1 with over night auto off/on. I'll post back to let you all know how I get on with the mugen 1500.

By the way I am new to the Crackberry forums, so hi ya'all from the UK!

EDIT - Sorry - just realised this is the wrong section to post in if I am a 9790 user. I won't post any further updates unless anyone is interested to know how the mugen 1500 perfroms with the 9790. Apologies
    10-25-12 08:27 AM
    I've just received my new battery today. With BatteryEx app, I found that the battery temperature always shows 19�C, no change (the current temperature outside is over 30�C). I used to use non-OEM with Curve 8900 before, the battery temperature didn't change as well, it always stuck at 24�C. Anyone has got the same problem?
    11-02-12 10:33 AM
    You have addressed something I have been wondering about. I just got my mugen 1500mah today and I found myself questioning the instructions on the reverse of the packaging -

"Batteries should be initially charged and discharged 3-5 times to achieve stated capacity"
    "Always charge the new battery for at least 12 hours before use"

Is this not out-dated guidance where Lithium-ion batteries are concerned? I was of the understanding that they do not have the memory effect which the old ones had? The only reason I can think of why a full discharge might be needed is to calibrate the % meter with the new battery so that you get an accurate reading. This is a bit disconcerting if we are to trust that mugen know their stuff with batteries!

Also something I would love confirmed, if anyone knows, is if blackberries carry on taking in power after the battery meter displays full? Because I was under the impression that they automatically stop taking in power once they are at 100% - like a built in protection mechanism to avoid overcharging/battery damage? If so, there would be no way to charge "for at least 12 hours." as the mugen instructions?

I am using a Bold 9790. I'm not a very heavy user on the typical day and I often get the best part of 2 days out of my standard 1230mah JM1 with over night auto off/on. I'll post back to let you all know how I get on with the mugen 1500.

By the way I am new to the Crackberry forums, so hi ya'all from the UK!

EDIT - Sorry - just realised this is the wrong section to post in if I am a 9790 user. I won't post any further updates unless anyone is interested to know how the mugen 1500 perfroms with the 9790. Apologies
    Its really a Lithium Polymer battery which is basically a better version of Lithium-Ion. I could be wrong but I think the "Polymer" batteries. Have a better tolerance to extreme temperatures than the "Ion" counter parts.

And yes, I am astonished Mugen is allowing stuff like that to go out. At the very least they should include a flyer or a stick on label to cover the incorrect instructions.

When the battery is fully charged, the phone stops charging and waits until the charge begins to drop again. At a pre-determined charge level the phone will top off the battery again. This way your battery is fully charged but without using an old fashion trickle charge that would otherwise damage the battery. Trickle charging is for keeping Ni-Cads topped off.

11-04-12 04:06 PM
    Can someone summarize weather this battery is worth the $40 it costs? How much of an improvement can I expect? Also will the price of it be falling soon now that the Q10/Z10 phones will be coming out soon?
    02-04-13 05:49 PM
    Can someone summarize weather this battery is worth the $40 it costs? How much of an improvement can I expect? Also will the price of it be falling soon now that the Q10/Z10 phones will be coming out soon?
    I'll sell you mine. PM if interested. I don't think it was w worth it for the slight increase, if any, in perceptible performance.
    02-04-13 11:52 PM
    You get what you pay for. Spend the extra little bit of $ and just get the seidio one.

Best investment for a heavy user. Trust me!

Sent from my game boy color
    02-05-13 11:23 PM
    The Seido one is the big thick one? I just want this smaller one because it doesnt physically increase the size of the phone. Anymore reviews?
    02-18-13 11:55 AM
    Go Seidio all the way and forget about Mugen.

Mugen are great in the RC world and should stay in the RC world and forget about the Smartphone wireless battery world cuz Seidio has taken off in the smartphone aftermarket battery field and is #1 for a long time since Seidio came into the cellphone and smartphone market over 6 years ago...

Tom

Sent By BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk
    02-18-13 06:08 PM
183 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD