Initial thoughts are:-

Screen is much better
    Processor much faster, and doesnt seem to lag at all
    Video camera is excellent
    Ring volume is louder a 10
    Battery life is as crap

But all in all, I think it's the best phone I've owned..

Wayn0
    09-14-11 03:34 AM
    I think the best phone I've owned was my Palm Treo 680 - but this is a close second
    09-14-11 04:22 AM
    I don't get it that people are constantly complaining about battery life. I thinks it is fantastic! The only other phone I ever owned that had similar battery life was an 8330...try adjusting your settings because that has to be the bulk of the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-11 06:41 AM
    I don't get it that people are constantly complaining about battery life. I thinks it is fantastic! The only other phone I ever owned that had similar battery life was an 8330...try adjusting your settings because that has to be the bulk of the problem.

agreed! best battery life i got on a blackberry was the 8330 and close second is my 9930. i love this thing
    09-14-11 06:56 AM
    This device by far has the best battery life and fasest charge of any device I have ever owned.

09-14-11 07:08 AM
    I think the bad battery life comes from the fact that people are using their 9900 more than they used their previous blackberry phones. Now we can actually use the browser like it was meant to be used.

I've probably used browser more in the past two weeks than I had used it on my 8900/9300/8320 for the whole time I've had them. Which is why my battery doesn't last as long as it did on my previous phone.

muletrain likes this.
    09-14-11 08:02 AM
    I think the bad battery life comes from the fact that people are using their 9900 more than they used their previous blackberry phones. Now we can actually use the browser like it was meant to be used.

I've probably used browser more in the past two weeks than I had used it on my 8900/9300/8320 for the whole time I've had them. Which is why my battery doesn't last as long as it did on my previous phone.

yup...i use my browser everyday...a for many things now. before on other bb devices i wouldnt...or used my playbook or laptop.
    09-14-11 08:12 AM
    I have used my browser a lot, but I think its also related to the fact that my work still only has IE 6 and more and more places won't work, so I have to use my BB to get what I need
    I love my 9900, its way better than my 9700. But it does seem to eat the battery alive at times.
    09-14-11 08:26 AM
    I loved my old treo680!!

Just found out ( unless it was a lucky reception day) :

Going for lunch in cafe in alley way in Hampstead, London - never get reception on the Torch - maybe get a text if lucky.. today I actually received a call and had a proper conversation. On that basis the reception is better. Also it connects to my Vodafone Sure Signal box - much quicker and a much better call qualtiy than the torch ever did.
    09-14-11 09:54 AM
    Don't miss my Torch 9800 at all.
    09-14-11 10:54 AM

I use mine hard almost daily...no battery issues what so ever. So I'm not buying this. I think some people don't have their device set up right, run too many apps in the backround, etc...but this battery easily will last a long, full day and then some with heavy use.
    09-14-11 11:00 AM
    My battery life appears to have gotten immensely better as I've fully discharged and recharged it over time. I have done some days here recently with 2-3 hours of phone calls, and around 50-60 emails and still have over 30% in the tank at the end of the day. I generally take it off charge around 6AM and put it back on around 10PM.
    09-14-11 11:03 AM
    I use mine hard almost daily...no battery issues what so ever. So I'm not buying this. I think some people don't have their device set up right, run too many apps in the backround, etc...but this battery easily will last a long, full day and then some with heavy use.
    I do too. I used mine much more than I used any other phone in the past, so I'm not surprised that the battery doesn't last all day. However, you are probably correct about people's phones not being set up correct. I'm sure there are those who have a bunch of apps running in the background which drain the battery.
    09-14-11 02:31 PM
    I came from the 9800 to 9900 as well...no regrets!! I thought I would miss the bigger screen of the Torch but the Bold is just ffine for my purpose.

I got fed up of constantly pushing the slider up to get to the keyboard, as I am no fan of the virtual KB.

Love my 9900!! Wish the battery was a tad better tho..ol well..cest la vie

09-14-11 04:06 PM
    Don't miss my Torch 9800 at all.
    x2!!! agree!
    09-14-11 10:41 PM
    The thing I am most worried about is screen size, which is the reason I ultimately switched from my 9650 (that and I got the torch for that 1 cent deal) The half hour I played with the 9930 I fell in love, I am so over the torch I cant even put it into words.

I just wish ATT would get the **** on board here. I am really considering buying the tmobile one and unlocking it but I just dont think I can deal with the speeds of EDGE over 3G, My wait continues...
    09-14-11 11:40 PM
    Go to Application Management, take screenshots and post them to back up your claims.
    09-14-11 11:44 PM
    Mine and my wife's torch 9800's are long gone and not missed, thanks Kijiji. I did however enjoy my torch when I had it, but this 9900 is awesome.
    09-15-11 12:03 AM

Excellent point. I always use my new phone a lot when I first get it. Battery life should improve quite a bit when I stop using it so much.
    09-15-11 11:41 AM
    This device by far has the best battery life and fasest charge of any device I have ever owned.

For sure. For me, since I spend half of my week in an area with great reception and the other half in an area with weak reception, I noticed I can make two days without a charge in the area w/ great reception.

All my usage etc are the same, just my location. Makes sense though. Oh well, still a great, great device!
    09-15-11 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD