View Poll Results: Do you think this would be the most selling Blackberry ever?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Duh! **** yes!

70 48.95%
  • Hmmm, maybe

46 32.17%
  • No

25 17.48%
  • Are you kidding me? **** no!

2 1.40%
    I think the best seller was the original curve 83 series. It will be hard to top that because that was a cheap and also the high end berry for most carriers for a long time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-11 10:57 PM
    Don't forget, it was also the first 3G BlackBerry.
    Not quite, it was just the first widely available 3g blackberry with the first 3g blackberry actually being this one:

BlackBerry 8707v - Full phone specifications
    04-22-11 06:20 AM
    I think the best seller was the original curve 83 series. It will be hard to top that because that was a cheap and also the high end berry for most carriers for a long time.
    Yeah, I don't have any data, but I am betting the 83XX Curve series does take the prize.
    04-22-11 06:56 AM
    Not quite, it was just the first widely available 3g blackberry with the first 3g blackberry actually being this one:

Huh, yep your right, I had to do some reading....did not make much of an impact did it....
    04-22-11 07:01 AM
    I believe the Curve 85xx is the highest selling BB device of all time.

And if you are counting which model, then I doubt the 9900 Bold Touch will ever win out. But if you are saying, which recent model, then I could see this having a chance. Its just that BB caters to a lot of entry level people in countries other than those big ones. So I can see the new Curves selling a lot.
    04-22-11 10:56 AM
    Huh, yep your right, I had to do some reading....did not make much of an impact did it....
    Presumably from the branding, vodafone had paid all that money for their 3g licence so didn't want their most profitable data product to be a 2g-only device even if it was basically pointless back then.
    04-23-11 04:18 AM
    I believe the Curve 85xx is the highest selling BB device of all time.

And if you are counting which model, then I doubt the 9900 Bold Touch will ever win out. But if you are saying, which recent model, then I could see this having a chance. Its just that BB caters to a lot of entry level people in countries other than those big ones. So I can see the new Curves selling a lot.
    Regardless of all the votes that wrongly think specs are the deciding factor, there is zero chance of the 9900 being the top seller overall, but as far as premium models this could very easily be the top seller with the way it combines much improved hardware and software with a new take on a much loved form factor.
    04-23-11 04:23 AM
    Now that things have become more official. Anyone still believes this device will be the most selling?
    05-09-11 07:12 PM
    I might buy like 50 of them... so you never know. I can't wait for this one. BlackBerry Bold Touch + BlackBerry PlayBook = CrackBerry Heaven.
    LOL...does that mean 49 CB contests/opportunities to win one?
    05-09-11 07:21 PM
    It will sell good, but not better than the 83XX line did, and probably the new Curve's coming out will sell better than the Bold simply because they will be offered for lower buy-in cost on contract. The old 83XX used to outsell the iPhone back in the day.
    leftypepper716 likes this.
    05-09-11 09:18 PM
    If we're talking customer/consumer rating and using just the high end BlackBerrys' for the poll, then yes...but like others have said, the 3rd world fine craftsmenship of the plastic new gen 2009-2010 Curves are THE best sellers...not the best, just cheaply made, and cheaply priced
    05-10-11 09:51 AM
    LOL...does that mean 49 CB contests/opportunities to win one?
    Haha, I was about to say that...
    05-10-11 11:37 AM
    Pretty sure the curve series in general sell better.
    05-10-11 12:58 PM
    World wide I think the Curve will and is the most sold phone that BB has. I think that the Bold will be the best selling BB in the wealthier countries.
    05-12-11 12:41 PM
    For those that claim the Curve, I think there's an important point here: When the curve came out iPhone/Android did not exist.

Now, even when a phone is very expensive (ex iPhone) people are still buying it in bulk. There has been a shift in the way we see technology. We no longer want just a "Smartphone" - no. It has to be that fully loaded phone with plenty of features.

I think the Bold 9900 will still be the best selling Blackberry (perhaps not as the Curve in the past simply because Curve almost had no rivals back then), but compared to its new siblings. People are willing to pay more nowadays to get that "extra" thing...

My 2 cents.
    05-12-11 12:59 PM
    I think the Bold 9900 will still be the best selling Blackberry (perhaps not as the Curve in the past simply because Curve almost had no rivals back then), but compared to its new siblings. People are willing to pay more nowadays to get that "extra" thing...

My 2 cents.
    If you looked at the actual sales figures you would see that your scenario simply isn't actually true, while sales of higher end models have increased you have companies like ZTE coming from almost nowhere very quickly due to their sales of mid to low end models and models like the HTC Wildfire are also selling in large numbers.

The situation might be different in your country, but in a great many countries around the world there are smartphones available on prepay data tariffs and those don't typically include the more expensive phones.
    05-13-11 02:52 AM
    I might buy like 50 of them... so you never know. I can't wait for this one. BlackBerry Bold Touch + BlackBerry PlayBook = CrackBerry Heaven.
    Kevin,

Let's say for argument sakes, the retail is $500. If you buy 50 of them comes to a grand total of $25,000, not including taxes. If you do however still plan on doing this can I have one?
    05-13-11 12:18 PM
    Don't forget, it was also the first 3G BlackBerry.

*Technicially* the Blackberry 8707 was RIM's first 3G BB..... It just wasnt highly adapted among carriers.
    05-13-11 12:23 PM

AH beat me to it.... good call.
    05-13-11 12:24 PM
    Curve's have been popular with the girls
    05-13-11 02:27 PM
    i agree with Kevin! its a match made in Heaven especially if the Bold Touch would be available with 4G so the Bridge experience would be even sweeter. Cant Wait!!!!!!
    05-13-11 08:10 PM
    i agree with Kevin! its a match made in Heaven especially if the Bold Touch would be available with 4G so the Bridge experience would be even sweeter. Cant Wait!!!!!!
    I keep forgetting this beauty is 4G equipped. SWEEEET.
    05-13-11 09:13 PM
    I never will understand why anyone, at least in the US, would buy a curve on contract. Why get the pos model when the flagship is perhaps $50 more. What is $50 over a 2 year contract? 7� a day? That's presuming you buy from the kiosk at the mall and get bent over. Buy online and they are almost always $0 down.
    05-14-11 12:06 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD