Not being a Apple fanboy, but having read that RIM ceo's thought a Bold with just a minor 800mhz upgrade would do,then having to come to their senses and revamp the whole damn thing to 1.2Ghz and casually says "latest part of August for the Bold 9900 release" dissapoints the heck out of me and RIM's blazaie attitude to consumers. More info that Apple has hired cell phone engineers to work asap in Kansas City,KS and they've already installed Sprint test towers at their HQ (just has they did Verizon before Verizon picked up the iphone4) The much rumored iphone 4S(5) is looking much more like reality for Sprint and T-Mobile this September. NOT good for RIM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    [email protected] likes this.
    06-19-11 01:51 PM
    Not being a Apple fanboy, but having read that RIM ceo's thought a Bold with just a minor 800mhz upgrade would do,then having to come to their senses and revamp the whole damn thing to 1.2Ghz and casually says "latest part of August for the Bold 9900 release" dissapoints the heck out of me and RIM's blazaie attitude to consumers. More info that Apple has hired cell phone engineers to work asap in Kansas City,KS and they've already installed Sprint test towers at their HQ (just has they did Verizon before Verizon picked up the iphone4) The much rumored iphone 4S(5) is looking much more like reality for Sprint and T-Mobile this September. NOT good for RIM

RIM squandered the time when it was only on one carrier in the US. Now they have to rely on an OS7 platform that is dead shortly after arrival and QNX that they can't get to market on a phone.
    06-19-11 02:28 PM
    And listen to their shareholders call...saying they produced 500,000 PlayBooks, but NEVER once mentioned sales figures from them. And like you mentioned, putting out an OS7 device(s) and then within' a year and a half bring out QNX...RIM should stand for Ruse Ignorant Misinformed

06-19-11 04:51 PM
    Owning various devices and running through them, I still like rim's chances. They still have the battery life over other devices. If bold 9900/30 can keep stellar battery life with these specs the word will spread. I can do what you can do plus battery life, they will come(back).

I'm buying an extended battery regardless because my work hours do tend to ne 12-14hrs and not by a power outlet. Have no issue paying for 2 extended batteries along with the stock to have in my pocket.
    06-19-11 09:57 PM
    This thread should be in the Apple category. Its just more argument for argument's sake. Mods, please move this.

06-19-11 10:28 PM
    Is this about the new Bold 9900? Oh wait it's not
    06-19-11 11:23 PM
    It IS about the Bold 9930 being delayed until late August, and RIM thinking just a 9780 refresh of 800mhz could compete, NOW they assume the Bold 9930 will compete, but IF? Sprint gets the iphone4S in September, you know they'll hype it all thru August. Also rumored is that not only will the iphone4S match Bold 99300 spec for spec now iOS5 and imessenger.It might? Have two models, a 32GB at $199 and a 64GB at $299...just saying all those who've always wanted an iphone on Sprint, this is NOT looking good at all for a company who causually assumed they really didn't need a compeating smartphone at ALL in 2011.

06-20-11 06:01 AM
    Stop with all the regurgitation threads! You had 400 threads (being facetious of course) about a mid July release and now tooting your horn about some stupid comparison with Apple releasing on Sprint. We don't need anymore threads about an August release - a lot of us tried to tell you that the 9930 was NOT releasing in July but you swore the CSR gave you the details. If it's August, it's August. If not, so what? It will release in due time.

For the love, just stop! And you're right.....I was a moron to click the link.
    06-20-11 10:13 AM
    Yes you are...just keep standing on the BlackBerry Titanic all you want.
    06-20-11 10:41 AM
    Yes you are...just keep standing on the BlackBerry Titanic all you want.
    I'll be standing on it when it sinks, Apple Boy!

Couldn't get the quote button to work?
    06-20-11 10:56 AM
    Lefty - a lot of people (including me) tried to tell you not to get your hopes up about what CSRs say. We tried to tell you they don't have the information.

Now you're upset because it doesn't look like it will happen when the CSR said. You are also upset because RIM had been planning to release an 800mhz - well, they're not, so that mistake was averted. You're upset because the iP5 may be coming to Sprint and you're calling it the Titanic and you're upset at the people who tried to help you.

Some of all this angst could have been averted. Just sayin'....
    ibcop likes this.
    06-20-11 10:58 AM
    Lefty - a lot of people (including me) tried to tell you not to get your hopes up about what CSRs say. We tried to tell you they don't have the information.

Now you're upset because it doesn't look like it will happen when the CSR said. You are also upset because RIM had been planning to release an 800mhz - well, they're not, so that mistake was averted. You're upset because the iP5 may be coming to Sprint and you're calling it the Titanic and you're upset at the people who tried to help you.

Some of all this angst could have been averted. Just sayin'....
    You said it better than me.
    06-20-11 11:01 AM
    Wow, lefty. If you're not happy, leave already. There's no gun to your head. Stop posting in the wrong sections and stop posting the same mindless things over and over... *SMH*

06-20-11 11:37 AM
    Hey guys and gals, lefty actually has a point. The average user, NOT the Crackberry loyal, will buy the phone that the sales channel supports. Do you mean to tell me that a Sprint Sales Rep will push a BlackBerry over an iPhone? Go ask them about a Windows phone (WP7) and see how that goes when comparing to an iPhone with other carriers - AT&T is having a devil of a time pushing the WP7.

Sales will push what they are told to push and what sells the most, which is an iPhone.....period, end of story. The iPhone is easier to sell, works with damn near everything and has 'cool' written all over it. BlackBerry isn't cool anymore.

You're being naive.

By the way, I am a HUGE fan of RIM and a HUGE fan of their products, but their management team SUCKS and has ZERO vision. I don't own an iPhone, actually I push people to NOT buy one. So don't bash me, I am on your side....but I see the writing on the wall.
    leftypepper716 likes this.
    06-20-11 11:56 AM
    Owning various devices and running through them, I still like rim's chances. They still have the battery life over other devices. If bold 9900/30 can keep stellar battery life with these specs the word will spread. I can do what you can do plus battery life, they will come(back).

I'm buying an extended battery regardless because my work hours do tend to ne 12-14hrs and not by a power outlet. Have no issue paying for 2 extended batteries along with the stock to have in my pocket.
    I don't doubt the 'ability' of the device, it's the 'support' provided, by sales and the carrier.....that's the niggle.

There is no question that RIM builds a superior device, none whatsoever, and any and all competitors will acknowledge that, what our worry needs to be is the support....and since RIM has not really built any trust or value in RIM beyond yesterday, the carriers will turn to (and already have embraced) the competition. How did Android grow so fast? Because they 'could'. Google made the OS open source, said to anyone 'build it, we'll allow it' and the carriers saw nothing but dollar signs. They care about the customer signing an agreement, period, using data, period. The phone to them is simply a method to access their features that afford them revenue.....nothing more.

The carriers don't care about RIM, they care about customer base and bottom line, which RIM is not showing to be that company that supports that mindset.

I see the writing on the wall and I weep for RIM. They need a 'clean sweep' of a CEO to make radical changes, NOW.
    06-20-11 12:17 PM
    We are all fans of RIM, and Lefty is just expressing his opinion and thats ok. I think its safe to say we want the phone to come sooner rather than later.
    06-20-11 12:24 PM
    Yeah, saw this one coming - RIM is black-burying carriers with half-baked BlackBerrys

Launching new products is always difficult. Launching new products with hundreds of different carriers is exponentially more difficult. Apparently there is an easy way and a hard way to do things, however, and RIM has been making carriers offers they can’t refuse. BGR has learned from a trusted source that RIM has been strong-arming several carriers, essentially forcing them to approve devices they normally would not move through the Technical Acceptance phase.
    Here is how it works: once an OS software build (bundle) has been tested internally at RIM, and the OS performs well, it moves up to be a Technical Acceptance candidate. The OS is then sent to the carrier to test and approve, or test and reject. If a carrier rejects a build, it can take weeks to get a new build tested and approved, and it can slow down a device’s release by months — as evidenced many times with different BlackBerry products in the past.

What’s the problem, then? We have been informed by a very reliable source at a major carrier that RIM has been putting an enormous amount of pressure on carriers to approve the upcoming BlackBerry smartphones like the BlackBerry Bold 9900 — phones that have to hold RIM over until its next-generation platform launch in 2012 — and that certain carriers will be approving the devices, “no matter what — with bugs and problems.” Additionally, RIM is putting huge pressure on its internal engineers to deliver Technical Acceptance bundles even when there are serious problems with the OS. In short, RIM is pushing unfinished OS builds from its engineers to the carriers, and demanding that the carriers approve them.

The thing is, this isn’t something new, and it’s part of the reason your BlackBerry is so buggy, reboots randomly, and there are possible signal and connection issues. There have been multiple devices, we have been told, that have been forced through the Technical Acceptance process with multiple carriers, and it’s one of the reasons some carriers launch devices sooner than others (barring any exclusivity arrangements) — some play ball but others won’t. Remember how Rogers was one of the first carriers to launch the BlackBerry Bold 9000 while AT&T didn’t launch the device until November? The device constantly failed Technical Acceptance on AT&T, but Rogers pushed the device out anyway as a result of pressure from RIM. And Rogers is most certainly not the only carrier that has found itself in that position.

Spokespeople from RIM and Rogers did not immediately respond to a request for comment. An AT&T spokesperson declined to comment.

Whoa.......
    06-20-11 12:29 PM
    My above post refers to how RIM is not working WITH the carriers, but in SPITE of the carriers, which reeks of desparation.
    06-20-11 12:31 PM
    We all want the phone. My point isn't what device is pushed. My point has always been that CSRs do not have the inside track info. Most folks on this forum are more aware of upcoming releases than the majority of CSRs. Not downing them, just stating.
    Better to listen to trustworthy insiders. Saves a lot of frustration.
    That's been my point to lefty all along.

06-20-11 12:34 PM
    We all want the phone. My point isn't what device is pushed. My point has always been that CSRs do not have the inside track info. Most folks on this forum are more aware of upcoming releases than the majority of CSRs. Not downing them, just stating.
    Better to listen to trustworthy insiders. Saves a lot of frustration.
    That's been my point to lefty all along.

I think we all know CSR's are usually the last to know, so bashing lefty over that seems like a waste of a post, unless you simply like bashing lefty for some reason. When the phone is actually in a store, we'll see it. Lefty's just trying, like all of us, to find out when the phone shows up. I've posted on numerous threads about my thoughts and my 'sources', but haven't been bashed yet.

My worry is what RIM is trying to do pushing the phone out because they HAVE to due to market pressure and falling stock prices, not because they SHOULD because it's fully ready and mature (as they have led us to believe). If it's not ready, DON'T release it. The press will ANNIHILATE them....as will some of us. BGR can throw some garbage out there, but you know what, I have heard this, this is not the forst time this has been stated.

Heck, I am starting to eyeball other platforms now...simply because I might HAVE to and I am a research hound, so I would rather be prepared that have to make a move without knowledge.

I love my Berry....but I am losing faith fast.
    06-20-11 12:46 PM
    Research in Motion is in motion once more today, heading in a painfully familiar direction: down.

The BlackBerry giant has gotten shellacked in the past several sessions, losing 21% on Friday after reporting earnings and reducing its outlook late Thursday. Today, RIMM is down another 5% at $26.36 a share, a multi-year low.

This was just reported in WSJ not 20 minutes ago. REALLY FOLKS!, how many experienced marketing analysts and more than credible financiers will it take for you to see RIM is in SERIOUS trouble! I'm speaking has a consumer who just happens to have a BlackBerry and I love it, but after two years of NOTHING really new and last thursday's RIM CEO's brushing this off like it's no a big deal, then you do have to wonder. I'm sure whenever the Bold 9930 will be released, late August?, September? October? It will be a fine device, but it will have to compete against an upgraded Apple iphone 4S that Sprint may have already in stock by mid September. And has a consumer I have to ask myself, will RIM be around in the next two years on carriers retail in North America? I know for sure Apple will be around for at least another 3-5 years strong. Even large North American companies are starting to lean to the iphone over the BlackBerry. Kevin Michaulk himself has taken over at Mobile Nation, and will write positive articles about the upcoming iphone 4S, will he be called an Apple fanboy or troll? If those of you who refuse to believe that Sprint getting the iphone4S won't hurt Bold 9930 sales, then I need to start smokin' what you guys are.
    [email protected] likes this.
    06-20-11 01:05 PM
    @Alien - I don't believe I have bashed anyone. I'm trying to reason. There will be many devices coming and a lot of angst will be reduced if there is an understanding of where credible information comes from. To pin your hopes on a CSR's statement is to open yourself up to frustration. I learned that very lesson myself with the 9700.
    If you read back you will see that the original belief that there would be a July release came from statements made by a CSR.
    06-20-11 01:08 PM
    @Alien - I don't believe I have bashed anyone. I'm trying to reason. There will be many devices coming and a lot of angst will be reduced if there is an understanding of where credible information comes from. To pin your hopes on a CSR's statement is to open yourself up to frustration. I learned that very lesson myself with the 9700.
    If you read back you will see that the original belief that there would be a July release came from statements made by a CSR.
    I see your point and I agree. Hopefully I didn't offend you, wasn't trying to do that at all. Simply wanted to state everyone has an opinion, right, wrong or indifferent.

We all WANT RIM to succeed but I am doubting them more and more each day, not due to a lack of a new device but the information coming out more and more that the don't see their own writing on the wall.

And they wrote it.
    06-20-11 01:21 PM
    I see your point and I agree. Hopefully I didn't offend you, wasn't trying to do that at all. Simply wanted to state everyone has an opinion, right, wrong or indifferent.

We all WANT RIM to succeed but I am doubting them more and more each day, not due to a lack of a new device but the information coming out more and more that the don't see their own writing on the wall.

And they wrote it.
    No problem! You didn't offend at all!

I'm actually not as gloomy on their chances. I do agree that they have missed opportunities and made mistakes that have put them in this situation. Hopefully they will have learned something. There are a lot of kids in the playground, they don't own it anymore.
    06-20-11 01:28 PM
    I also said I assumed he was knowledgeable about what he spoke of, and I prefaced it by "by no means is this official" NO one at the time, not RIM, not even Kevin Michaulk (who when I asked him on twitter is he totally ruling out a June 28th-July 15th Bold 9930/9900 release and he said, "Not ruling it out, but not getting my hopes up.") I was just trying to gleam some info for all of us who want the Bold 9930, not come on like some do here, "I AM ALL KNOWING OF ALL THINGS BLACKBERRY! AND THOSE WHO DISAGREE ARE MORONS" Also I have apologized about the Sprint's CSR wrong info, I was informed wrong...and I take full responsibility for that. Now getting back to the fall of RIM and releasing the OS7 devices late in the game and the possibility of iphone 4S coming to Sprint, then yes! I am doubting BlackBerry. I'm a consumer, if I feel BlackBerry is going the way of Palm or Nokia, then of course I'm going to try out the iphone 4S...just common sense, I'd say.
    06-20-11 01:30 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD