Hello all!

Hope you guys are loving your bold 9900's as much as we are.

I currently manage the our small company email and blackberry services.

We run 4 bold 9900's and pay the carrier for BIS.

Our emails run thru google apps for commercial users. The paid versions.

My boss now is asking if there's a 3rd party app we can install in all our bb's to monitor BBM usage, surfing websites, emails etc.

He's basically hoping for something that can log or monitor bb usage like BES, but a simple 3rd party app of sorts or the easiest implementation of the above..

Is it possible?

Thanks a lot in advance for the help and replies.. much appreciated
    04-23-12 07:15 AM
    Visit App World, and look under apps>Utilities>Phone Services

You should see some 3rd party Data Monitoring Apps.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ry/56/?lang=en
    04-23-12 08:12 AM
    My favoutite was always e-office - you can ota download from http://mda.e-office.com/ if that's easier than appworld for you.

I ran it for years on my Bold 9000 (4.x and 5.x), and then my Torch 9800 (6.x) until my BIS changed to 5GB, which is effectively unlimited. No experience of the 9900 or 7.x I'm afraid.

If I remember, there is an option in there that can automatically email usage reports or alerts to a specified address.

barljo
    04-23-12 09:55 AM
    Hi all!

Thanks once again for the suggestions. Much helpful and much appreciated.

What we're looking for is actually an app that can monitor actual correspondence.

As the phones all belong to the company, and usage is paid for by the company, the management has asked if its possible to track actual messages that come in and out.

They would like to be able to read the following, if they so choose, with maybe a purge after 7 days? or 3 days so it doesnt hog too much memory.

1. Incoming/Outgoing emails - Our company email already flags certain keywords but they would like to be able to read all

2. BBM messages - In and Out

3. Other 3rd party apps - Whatsapp? Skype?

I dont know how it would work but maybe there is an app that can upload everything everyday at a preset time, say 3am, when phone is unlikely to be used in the background? And can also enforce not allowing installation of new apps or can monitor and remote administer that BB if there are any usage policies.

I know this sounds exactly up the BES alley however we are a small organization of 4 people (+3 including our bosses) so a total of 7 devices to manage only.

We maintain a few trade secrets in our manufacturing lines and for some reason, our management has taken a paranoia policy of late.

I was hoping there was some 3rd party, web-based administration platform, that can be installed on BIS phones to allow pretty much BES kind of usage.

Thanks once again for all the feedback and any further help!
    04-24-12 03:19 AM
    Big Brother
    04-24-12 03:23 AM
    Use "RadioOpt". Its available in store and its FREE. Track your minutes, SMS and data.
    04-24-12 05:25 AM
    Firstly thanks for all the help and suggestions.. Much appreciated.

After some research, I've found that there is an app called StealthGenie that can do exactly what I need!

Cons is that it's rather expensive. However the big boss has decided to give it a go!

I'll come back with some feedback and wha I think of the software! Thanks much once again!
    04-25-12 01:26 AM
    The tin-foil-hat guy that hides inside me just wants to ask - I presume that you'll be telling the dudes/dudettes with the handsets that you can see what they are doing?

Not with a "companies are all bad" attitude, and after all they are the company's devices, but it's only fair to make the user fully aware.

Other than that, glad you found something that fits your needs, and sorry that my suggestion didn't help as I misunderstood the question - apologies for the confusion!
    04-25-12 02:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD