Mobile hotspot quit working
I'm on AT&T with corporate issued 9900 on BES. I'm running Official 22.214.171.1244.
I've always had quirks. I could use hotspot, but not YouTube. I could fix YouTube by deleting Wap2 Browser from service books. Doing so would then break hotspot. I would restore Wap2 as I don't use YouTube much...
Lately, I can no longer use hotspot. I've rebotted handset. I can still use BT to tether and bridge to my PlayBook. I just can't connect my PlayBook, PC or other devices to my handset anylonger via WiFi hotspot. I know it's on my plan as I can tether fine with USB.
Thanks for any tips.
- 02-03-2013, 09:09 AM #2
Have you checked the key? Also deleted the hotspot from the pb and then search for it again.
Thanks, KBZ. Deleted from PB. Tried again. It's working. You rock!!! Although, when I enable hotspot - it turns on my BB WiFi - which then jumps on my home network. Don't know if that affects it or not. I'll try again in a bit when I'm only on 4G.
Not sure what you meant by "checked the key" - you mean password?
- 02-03-2013, 04:27 PM #4
Still having the issue. The only way it works is when my 9900 is on a WiFi network. I don't mean that WiFi is "on". I know it must be on in order to create a hotspot.
I mean it only works if my 9900 is on a network via WiFi. In those situations - I could simply join with my PB.
It doesn't work if I'm out an about, which is really frustrating as it used to work. The issue is on my 9900 - not PB - as no other devices (iPad, PC) work either.
- By 2001bmw330xi in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 25Last Post: 04-17-2013, 05:16 PM
- By asad_cooll in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 2Last Post: 07-24-2012, 11:26 AM
- By asad_cooll in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 1Last Post: 07-23-2012, 10:45 AM
- By hamzab in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 1Last Post: 05-11-2012, 05:49 PM
- By StephDOGG in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 12Last Post: 01-19-2012, 03:43 PM