Mobile hotspot quit working
I'm on AT&T with corporate issued 9900 on BES. I'm running Official 188.8.131.524.
I've always had quirks. I could use hotspot, but not YouTube. I could fix YouTube by deleting Wap2 Browser from service books. Doing so would then break hotspot. I would restore Wap2 as I don't use YouTube much...
Lately, I can no longer use hotspot. I've rebotted handset. I can still use BT to tether and bridge to my PlayBook. I just can't connect my PlayBook, PC or other devices to my handset anylonger via WiFi hotspot. I know it's on my plan as I can tether fine with USB.
Thanks for any tips.
Thanks, KBZ. Deleted from PB. Tried again. It's working. You rock!!! Although, when I enable hotspot - it turns on my BB WiFi - which then jumps on my home network. Don't know if that affects it or not. I'll try again in a bit when I'm only on 4G.
Not sure what you meant by "checked the key" - you mean password?
Still having the issue. The only way it works is when my 9900 is on a WiFi network. I don't mean that WiFi is "on". I know it must be on in order to create a hotspot.
I mean it only works if my 9900 is on a network via WiFi. In those situations - I could simply join with my PB.
It doesn't work if I'm out an about, which is really frustrating as it used to work. The issue is on my 9900 - not PB - as no other devices (iPad, PC) work either.
- By 2001bmw330xi in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 25Last Post: 04-17-13, 06:16 PM
- By asad_cooll in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 2Last Post: 07-24-12, 12:26 PM
- By asad_cooll in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 1Last Post: 07-23-12, 11:45 AM
- By hamzab in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 1Last Post: 05-11-12, 06:49 PM
- By StephDOGG in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 12Last Post: 01-19-12, 04:43 PM