i installed the 7.1 leaked os onto my tmobile 9900. when i try to use mobile hotspot, my playbook routes me to a tmobile page that then wants me to sign up for the mobile hotspot feature. am i missing something? or will i have to oay a fee for this feature? kindof annoying that mobile hotspot feature is standard on some android devices.

i know there are a few posts on here about this, but the answer is different fir each carrier and each thread gets sidetracked in 5 different directions. just want a straight answer that applies to tmo users.
    12-08-11 11:30 PM
    Have you checked this thread? You might pick up something on the 3rd page:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...94/index3.html
    12-08-11 11:45 PM
    i dont understand how to do this. im messing with the settings and all i can seem to do is change my ssid and passphrase.
    12-09-11 01:10 AM
    Have you checked this thread? You might pick up something on the 3rd page:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...94/index3.html
    this is not the same problem. the nobile hotspot is working fine, it just takes me to the tmobile website to add the tether feature. is there anyone that has working mobile hotspiy that knows how they got it? lol
    12-10-11 03:09 PM
    You should get the right TCP/IP data for the APN to work. For me, Telus did for me... usually they have no passwords just a username.

My Hotspot works great and my plan include tethering. That's another thing you should check. Do you have a BIS plan that already include tethering?
    12-10-11 03:13 PM
    im on a company phone so i was on bis with unlmtd date, then they added bes. a coworker has an android with mobile hotspot and his tethering works.
    12-10-11 03:20 PM
    Different plans, started on different days, have different hotspot options. My son has an original Android plan and has free hotspot. My wife has a brand new Android (moved to the darkside) and has to pay extra. I would have to pay extra, even through I have BES and every damn option known. Always about the dollars.
    12-10-11 05:32 PM
    weird. idk what to do. i see some people saying that they got that same screen, and now can access the web without adding tethering feature. i justwanna be like them!
    12-10-11 06:08 PM
    I will be getting my 9900 tomorrow. I really hope this isn't the case that Tmo is now charging for tethering. That was the reason why i paid $300 for it not $200 from AT&T. I know iPhones you can tether for free on Tmo network, androids as well. I'll try loading 7.1 and post if i have success.
    12-11-11 03:25 PM
    so there is no way to use wifi hotspot u less you pay an extra 14 dollars a month for t mobile? or is there a way around this
    01-19-12 11:42 AM
    I would like to know this as well. I am seriously considering a 9900, but need the hotspot feature and I currently have it free off my Android phone. Would definitely be a deal breaker if I had to pay 14 more a month.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    01-19-12 03:14 PM
    I dont know what plan you guys are on but T-Mobile will start a special where hotspot will be included on the 5gb and 10gb plan on january 25th.
    01-19-12 03:37 PM
    I'm grandfathered in the bb unlimited web which is the true unlimited data plan. Would hate to have to lose that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-12 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD