Ok so the main thing I miss from my nexus is the hotspot feature mainly because I was rooted and used it for free. I mainly used it to browse the web on my ipad and download books on my kindle when at school and their wireless doesn't reach. Honestly for as much as I use it I don't believe its worth that 20 extra a month. I saw threads from before for other blackberrys saying that a cradlepoint will work but I haven't seem much for the new bold. My searches brought up 2 threads, one saying it works on a 9900 and one with nothing. Does anyone here have experience with cradlepoints and the 9930 (with verizon) please let me know I'd rather pay 40 bucks for a refurbished cradlepoint then 20 a month

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-14-12 01:02 AM
    wont work
    04-16-12 03:03 PM
    that is a lie. I have a cradlepoint and it works right out of the box on my 9930. its not fair to say it doesnt, because you let other people down who are looking for an option. if you want me to be a about it, i can upload a video showing that it works great.
    04-16-12 09:11 PM
    that is a lie. I have a cradlepoint and it works right out of the box on my 9930. its not fair to say it doesnt, because you let other people down who are looking for an option. if you want me to be a about it, i can upload a video showing that it works great.
    Yesss this made my day was stuck at class with no internet and was close to adding the hot spot plan. If you could upload a video that would be great just so I can see how it works and also what model you have
    04-16-12 09:13 PM
    I'll try tonight. if not, then tomorrow for sure.
    04-16-12 09:23 PM
    I'll try tonight. if not, then tomorrow for sure.
    I am interested too. Thanks for any help.
    04-18-12 09:31 AM
    I have a 9930 Bold that I got less than a month ago to replace my aging 8530 Curve. As I have a Playbook, I was already paying for Internet tethering on Sprint. I went into the WiFi settings and saw the moble hotspot check box, setup WPA2 and was up anbd running in about 2 minutes.

Works great.

James F. Haddock, MES, CDP, CCP, CISSP, GCIH
    04-18-12 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD