Hey

So I just got the bold 9900 today and I'm really loving it. It came working fine and everything and then I plugged it into my laptop, the desktop software said there was a whole bunch of stuff that needed updating, so I did. After while it downloaded and installed all the software and my phone rebooted. Once it had rebooted I looked at all my apps and they had actually downgraded, my app store went from 3.0 to 2.0 and I got the older facebook and other IM software. After manually updating back to the original I found that I'm now missing software. I now don't have the Blackberry Music Storefront and I'm worried there is other outdated/missing software.

What can I do? do I have to reinstall OS7? if so how do I go about doing that and isit possible to get the same one that was shipped with my phone so I can get it back to how it was when I first switched it on?

Thanks Josh
    10-27-11 05:04 PM
    Hey buddy...

1st check what kind of OS u "upgraded" to via DM (options � device � about)

That way u can really see if any "software is missing" and/or revert to your previous OS version

Good luck !
    10-27-11 06:15 PM
    Hey

So I just got the bold 9900 today and I'm really loving it. It came working fine and everything and then I plugged it into my laptop, the desktop software said there was a whole bunch of stuff that needed updating, so I did. After while it downloaded and installed all the software and my phone rebooted. Once it had rebooted I looked at all my apps and they had actually downgraded, my app store went from 3.0 to 2.0 and I got the older facebook and other IM software. After manually updating back to the original I found that I'm now missing software. I now don't have the Blackberry Music Storefront and I'm worried there is other outdated/missing software.

What can I do? do I have to reinstall OS7? if so how do I go about doing that and isit possible to get the same one that was shipped with my phone so I can get it back to how it was when I first switched it on?

Thanks Josh
    First of all you did do a backup of your device before you attempted this upgrade didn't you?

If you did then just go back and restore from your backup and you should be fine. If you did not then I am going to say that you will have to simply reload your OS yes. After that then just go back andtake the time to reinstal your apps you had which you should not have any trouble doing. Best of luck to you.
    10-27-11 06:59 PM
    So I restored it to the first backup made which I believe is the one I did right before all the crazy updating, however it still didn't restore any missing software. Also I only updated the software on the device not the OS itself.

Can anyone post the link for the Orange (UK) OS 7 download page? I've been looking for it but I can't find it

Thanks

Also my current OS version is 7.0.0.353 bundle 1672
    Last edited by Hakosukaa; 10-28-11 at 04:24 AM.
    10-28-11 04:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD