First Time Posting...

I just got a 9900 from Bell and for some reason the Micro SD card (which worked in a former 9900) doesn't read. It doesn't show it even being installed. Perhaps something I am doing wrong? It also won't sync my Calanders, but that is a whole other issue haha. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    11-09-11 01:25 PM
    *what type of Micro SD?

1) Unplug your BB from the computer. Go to Options> Device >Storage> Enable Media Card Support, plug it back in.

2) If that doesn't work...

a) Copy the data from your MicroSD over to your computer using a MicroSD Adapter.
    Format your MicroSD using your computer (My Computer > Right click the card > Format
    b) Copy the data back over to your MicroSD and re-insert into your BB.

3) If that doesn't work...
    a) Repeat 2a
    b) Insert your blank SD into your BB and boot it up. Connect to computer
    c) If it reads it, then copy over your data folder by folder using the USB connection but keep the folder structure that the BB created on your newly formatted MicroSD.

Let us know if you fix it!
    BBerryPowerUser likes this.
    11-09-11 01:35 PM
    I had to adjust the position of mine to get it to even show up. Not in far enough it isn't seen, too far in and the same result. The edge of my card is pushed in just past the frame with contacts facing down and works great. Hope this helps.

Posted fromii my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-11 02:20 PM
    Thank you so much for the advise.

I tried formatting the card as well as adjusting the position of the card yet my phone still reads "Media Card is not presently inserted in the device.".

It's odd, because the same card worked in my first 9900 perfectly every time, even with the same files. I tried another Micro SD as well with the same result. Haunted phone...
    11-09-11 05:23 PM
    Mine is a 32 gig Sandisk specifically for mobile. I don't know what class it is but it also worked fine in my 8330 before I got my 9930. Keep us posted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-11 08:38 PM
    Well I solved my email sync problem!

Alas the memory card still remains u/s. I think its just not reading it, I have spent ages re-positioning it with no luck. Oh well...Thanks again for all the suggestions.
    11-13-11 01:14 PM
    Make sure your card is formatted in FAT32 and is of 32k cluster size.I have had problems with mine up until I formatted as mentioned..also 32G sandisk class 4.
    I personally used SDformatter,which is said to bring more speed from your SD memory cards than Windows default format app. Just google it..its the first one.

11-13-11 02:38 PM
    is this becoming a more frequent issue as people get used to their bold's 9900? i just got mine from someone on craigslist and go figure i check that everything works fine except the sd card... i think the glamour and hype of this phone had me so eager to just play with it myself. By any chance, what is the manufacturer's warranty on these things? because i hope im not stuck with no sd card reader :/
    01-27-12 02:02 AM
    my black berry 9900 is doing the same thing. the sd card work great in my other android cell phone... but when i put it into the 9900 it does not read the card.. i tried it in my friends 9900 and it worked.. put back in mine. does not work..
    need help please
    02-23-12 05:57 PM
    does your PC pick up the SD card when you USB the BB?
    try removing SD card. format it with a PC. insert into BB format again. it could be partition setup that is causing the issue

that or its just not inserted properly. the 9900 is a PITA to put the micro in
    02-23-12 08:17 PM
    I checked my micro sd in the computer it was recognized.
    Then reinserted into phone, carefully and all the way this time.
    Was recognized. It's a PNY 32 class 10. It has about 29.8 gb
    usable space as the format files take up the others.
    Last edited by Katmandoitall; 03-08-12 at 01:57 PM.
    03-08-12 01:47 PM
    Have you found a solution yet? I have the same problem - my 9900 does not recognize SD card anymore.
    10-21-12 04:44 AM
    Hi!

Try to remove the name from your SD Card. I gave a name to my card, and after that my BB9900 stop recognizing the card. After when I deleted the name of the card, the phone recognized again...

Try... Maybe helps.
    Last edited by Hunmedlab; 12-07-12 at 03:24 PM. Reason: mistype.
    12-07-12 03:17 PM
    Format your SD card using SD Formatter 3.1 for SD/SDHC/SDXC - SD Association. You can download it from https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/.
    Mine worked after formatting.Just give a try.
    12-12-12 12:04 AM
    thanks some good stuff in here ill try sdcard.org now
    12-17-12 05:13 PM
    Mine is a sandisk 2gb card and worked fine in my 9300, but won't work in this one. Is really starting to annoy me now.
    03-10-13 11:16 AM
    Mine is a sandisk 2gb card and worked fine in my 9300, but won't work in this one. Is really starting to annoy me now.
    pretty old thread here, but you can try to reformat the card in the device. Normally that will sort out any issues! Save all the info on a computer before formatting it as you will lose all the data! hope this helps...cheers!
    03-11-13 01:54 AM
    Please post the size of the card. If it is over 32gb it may not be recognized by the BB 6/7 OS. There is an option in the settings menu that allows you to insure the sd card is formatted for your BB. Without details it's kind of hard to really help.
    03-11-13 02:20 AM
    Format the card! I had a similar problem once
    03-11-13 07:05 PM
    I had a card from a different ver. phone - Bold 9650. Kept fiddling and fiddling to get it work in 9930 and finally just backed it up to my computer, and reformatted it in the phone using their software. Rebooted and it came up saying it recognized the card finally. Then I dumped my files back onto it. Also had an issue where the new 9930 had an IT Policy on it from the company it came from. Nothing was doable until I got rid of this IT Policy. And man that was a hassle.
    03-13-13 02:25 PM
    I had a card from a different ver. phone - Bold 9650. Kept fiddling and fiddling to get it work in 9930 and finally just backed it up to my computer, and reformatted it in the phone using their software. Rebooted and it came up saying it recognized the card finally. Then I dumped my files back onto it. Also had an issue where the new 9930 had an IT Policy on it from the company it came from. Nothing was doable until I got rid of this IT Policy. And man that was a hassle.
    Glad it's up and running now though!
    03-13-13 08:02 PM
    Shut up you absolute gimp, that answer doesn't answer the guys original question. Nobody cares if you have a 32 gig a hahahah ******* muppit
    07-04-13 02:07 AM
    Well, this reply is kind of late, but maybe my experience will help some readers with the same condition as mine. When I received (yeah received, because I'm jobless and this unit was handed to me by my high-earning brother LOL) my BB, I transferred my SD card. But my phone can't recognize it, keep on saying "No Card Inserted" something like that. Then I remembered, I set a SD card password before with another device. So, I tried to reinserted my card into the old device, erased the password, then Voila! My problem is solved, just like that. :-)
    07-24-13 08:43 AM
    Do this
    a.Format your SD Card
    b.Go to the Options => Device => Storage => Repair SD Card

Hope Worked
    11-07-13 05:26 AM
    Hi,

I certainly have a resolution which resolves my issues. I found that the USB drive would not show up on my computer either. It turns out that the drive had somehow become hidden. I found that the following process meant I could once again select Media Card for Media sync in BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Note: If you can see your Media Card in the Computer view of your PC then this probably won’t help you!

1. Plug in your Blackberry and select USB Drive when the menu appears on your Device.
    2. Go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management.
    3. Choose Disk Management from the list pane in the Computer Management Console.
    4. Look through the drives and you might find one that does not have a drive letter or name assigned. If so, assign a drive letter by Right clicking on the drive and choosing Change Drive Letter and Paths...
    5. Disconnect your BlackBerry Device.
    6. Remove (including all settings) and then Reinstall BlackBerry Desktop Software and all being well you will see the MediaCard option appear when you plug-in and set-up.

Note: You will more than likely need to have Administrator privileges to carry out all or some of this process!

Cheers,

James.
    10-22-14 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD