Hello there,

This thread / post comes with a friendly warning: I'm half way to being completely rat arsed (Drunk) and it amazes me how i can still type to be honest. So i apologize in advance for any spelling errors etc etc.

So people I'm Dave and i have just recently signed up to these forums after a few days of being a 'Guest' researching everything i need to know about my upcoming new Device (BB Bold 9900)

I'm still currently a SE W995 user and have being for quite a few years now but the time has come to get a new up to date mobile phone and the Bold 9900 was my choice. which is obviously a present.

Believe me when i say I've tried my best to get an 'Early' Xmas present, but my GF sticks to her guns (not literally) and told me to 'Do one' bless her =)

So i just wanted to get my foot in the door as it were so i don't feel like a total Tw** when and if i was to ask for advice when i eventually get my hands on my 9900. I've read many threads about this device from its pros to its cons so I'm pretty much up to date on what i need to do if anything goes wrong (Which it won't... touch wood)

From what I've seen so far the people that browse these forums at mature and actually give advice when asked, which is something other device forums can't say lol

So i look forward to getting to know you all (if any) =)

Happy Christmas everyone and have a sexy new year =)

Stay frosty.
    12-24-11 12:07 PM
    lol Merry Christmas to you too and welcome to CB! Congrats on your upcoming Bold 9900.
    mrgrimezHD likes this.
    12-24-11 12:11 PM
    lol Merry Christmas to you too and welcome to CB! Congrats on your upcoming Bold 9900.
    Merry Christmas to you too =) and thank you. I can't actually believe my 9900 is literally 2 feet away from me =(

I've already had one of those 'Sneek Peeks' just to get the gist of what the 9900 is like and i must say it's a fantastic device.

Of course my GF said ''Look Dave you can have a LOOK but you can't put the sim card in OR power it up'' =(

But i can say this time tomorrow I'll be sitting in a chair with my phone in one hand and a can of Stella (or Bulmers Original) in the other trying to figure it all out on how these phones work lol.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to this thread =)
    12-24-11 12:17 PM
    lol Merry Christmas
    Hands down best Blackberry yet!
    got everything you need and once you pare it with the playbook it's unstoppable!
    12-24-11 12:21 PM
    Merry Christmas to you too =) and thank you. I can't actually believe my 9900 is literally 2 feet away from me =(

I've already had one of those 'Sneek Peeks' just to get the gist of what the 9900 is like and i must say it's a fantastic device.

Of course my GF said ''Look Dave you can have a LOOK but you can't put the sim card in OR power it up'' =(

But i can say this time tomorrow I'll be sitting in a chair with my phone in one hand and a can of Stella (or Bulmers Original) in the other trying to figure it all out on how these phones work lol.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to this thread =)
    That's inhumane!!! So your gf is into torture I see. LOL. I took the sneeky way out with my PlayBook. My wife knew I wanted one for xmas but I went and grabbed one up early (necessary before they sold out wink wink)then called her and thanked her for the early xmas gift!
    12-24-11 12:25 PM
    lol Merry Christmas
    Hands down best Blackberry yet!
    got everything you need and once you pare it with the playbook it's unstoppable!
    I honestly can't tell you why i haven't switched to a BB already. I've always liked the BB including the little holsters they have ever since i saw a person in a chip shop using a BB and then gracefully placing it into its holster attached to his belt.

^^ True Story lol

The Playbook? Oh yeah that's one of those gadgets which look like an Ipad if I'm correct? i don't know weather i will invest in one of those as of yet in all fairness. I'm just glad i can switch to a 'Proper' mobile device.

Again thank you for taking the time to reply =)
    12-24-11 12:29 PM
    ...and i was thinking of holding my upgrade for a QNX phone, but since we have about a year wait on that, I might have to upgrade to a 9900 myself and retire my Torch to the emergency backup phone box. Now do i go with the original black one or the "I'm confident in my manhood" white one (as Kevin explained in his video) LMAO. Looks like a new after Christmas present to me!!!!
    12-24-11 12:37 PM
    That's inhumane!!! So your gf is into torture I see. LOL. I took the sneeky way out with my PlayBook. My wife knew I wanted one for xmas but I went and grabbed one up early (necessary before they sold out wink wink)then called her and thanked her for the early xmas gift!
    I like your style lol

My GF loves to see the look on my face when she says.. ''Dave would you like an early christmas present?'' my eyes would light up and say.. '' yeah i would'' but then she would reply with... ''Tough.. you can wait a while longer''

Females eh lol

Here's a 'Noobish' question, when i had a breif look inside the BB box i noticed a few cardboard compartments which housed all the essentials such as the charger / booklets etc but i didn't spot the Holster or 'pouch'.

I'm from the UK so can i expect to see one of these included or will i have to buy one myself?

Also previously i mentioned i had read up on all the ins and outs of this particular mobile device, but this whole BBM thing, is that easy to set up PIN wise? and is the BBM cross platform?

For example, if i was to add you on BBM would i be able to use this feature even if you have a different model? because my GF's sisters Boyfriend has a BB Curve (Not sure of the model) and it would be quite nice to just hit him up on that if i ever needed to.

Again I'm sorry for any punctuation / spelling errors. I'm quite leveled on the alchohol at the moment lol
    Last edited by mrgrimezHD; 12-24-11 at 12:43 PM.
    12-24-11 12:38 PM
    ...and i was thinking of holding my upgrade for a QNX phone, but since we have about a year wait on that, I might have to upgrade to a 9900 myself and retire my Torch to the emergency backup phone box. Now do i go with the original black one or the "I'm confident in my manhood" white one (as Kevin explained in his video) LMAO. Looks like a new after Christmas present to me!!!!
    My advice means nothing to a veteran like your self BB wise but when i seen the BB White model on youtube i couldn't actually pull myself away from the screen.

I mean... i know it's the same 9900 as the one which is currently wrapped up in the wardrobe behind me =( but when i actually seen the device wrapped in a white coat i was drooling lol

Am i correct in thinking the White version of the 9900 is exclusive to some countries? as i didn't see any option to get the 9900 in that choice of colour over here in the UK =(
    12-24-11 12:42 PM
    I like your style lol

My GF loves to see the look on my face when she says.. ''Dave would you like an early christmas present?'' my eyes would light up and say.. '' yeah i would'' but then she would reply with... ''Tough.. you can wait a while longer''

Females eh lol

Here's a 'Noobish' question, when i had a breif look inside the BB box i noticed a few cardboard compartments which housed all the essentials such as the charger / booklets etc but i didn't spot the Holster or 'pouch'.

I'm from the UK so can i expect to see one of these included or will i have to buy one myself?

Also previously i mentioned i had read up on all the ins and outs of this particular mobile device, but this whole BBM thing, is that easy to set up PIN wise? and is the BBM cross platform?

For example, if i was to add you on BBM would i be able to use this feature even if you have a different model? because my GF's sisters Boyfriend has a BB Curve (Not sure of the model) and it would be quite nice to just hit him up on that if i ever needed to.

Again I'm sorry for any punctuation / spelling errors. I'm quite leveled on the alchohol at the moment lol
    It should be in there...I'm no expert but here in the US, they come included. I'm pretty sure it's there. Each BB has its own Pin number so no matter the model, you can contact another BB.
    Last edited by CJH315; 12-24-11 at 12:48 PM.
    12-24-11 12:44 PM
    It should be in there...I'm no expert but here in the US, they come included. I'm pretty sure it's there.
    I should do in all fairness as every 'Unboxing' I've seen so far there has being a pouch, i guess I'll find out tomorrow lol
    12-24-11 12:48 PM
    Click on the getting started guide in my signature. just about everything you need to get addicted to your "CrackBerry" is there. Happy reading!
    12-24-11 12:50 PM
    Click on the getting started guide in my signature. just about everything you need to get addicted to your "CrackBerry" is there. Happy reading!
    Ah.. legendary, thank you =)
    12-24-11 12:54 PM
    Lol
    Congrats on your new bb, and you too have an awesome xmas!
    12-24-11 01:08 PM
    Lol
    Congrats on your new bb, and you too have an awesome xmas!
    Thank you for taking the time to reply =)

I hope you have a merry christmass and a happy new year.
    12-24-11 01:18 PM
    This BOLD 9900 is literally the best device I've ever got my hands on lol.. i can't put it down but i need to charge it =(
    12-25-11 07:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD