Been using the 9930 for 2 months now and I love it. The one thing I would love though is the ability to move anyone who uses SMS into BBM as a contact, even if they don't have a Blackberry.

So for example here would be an ideal way to view my BBM contacts list:

1. Joe (BBM Contact)
    2. Dad (BBM Contact)
    3. Mom (SMS Contact)
    4. Alex (BBM Contact)
    5. Nick (SMS Contact)
    etc....

Each of these numbers represent a conversation.

Is this possible? (It would be very similar to how iMessage works.)
    10-22-11 03:07 PM
    Yes it is possible. Go to BBM, click on "Invite to BBM", click on "Add a contact to text within BBM" and select the contact from the contact list. Assign it the new contact to its respective BBM category and voila!

The SMS only contacts within BBM will have "Text Messaging Contact" affixed under their name.
    JGuez likes this.
    10-22-11 03:14 PM
    Sweet ...
    10-22-11 03:28 PM
    Will it be charged as a normal SMS right?
    10-22-11 03:34 PM
    Yes, it will be charged as a normal SMS. Just that you can manage your SMS contacts more effectively. It's useful for heavy BBM/SMS users...
    10-22-11 03:58 PM
    Yes it is possible. Go to BBM, click on "Invite to BBM", click on "Add a contact to text within BBM" and select the contact from the contact list. Assign it the new contact to its respective BBM category and voila!

The SMS only contacts within BBM will have "Text Messaging Contact" affixed under their name.
    Great. Glad to see it's in there. Wish they added a function to just make all SMS come through BBM rather than adding 1 contact at a time, but this is a good place to start.

Appreciate the response/answer.
    10-22-11 06:12 PM
    Thnx for the tip

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-11 01:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD