IS ther a memory leak on this leaked os for the 9900? I'm losing memory, only isntalled the leak last night. So, maybe it takes a while to become stable, or do i need to do a few battery pulls?
    02-24-12 05:44 AM
    id do a few battery pulls
    the leaks you are seeing are just your applications populating

it is normal to see it drop -30mb after initial install.

Also, I have found while using stock apps on .267 i can go 24 hours and not lose 1mb.
    The memory issues come from 3rd party apps from my observations.
    02-24-12 09:55 AM
    I am on .267 and I do not have any memory leak issues. May be an app you installed causing a leak. Yes a battery pulls plus you can do soft reboots to see what happen.
    02-24-12 09:59 AM
    If you're experiencing a slight memory leak, like I am, monitor your apps under usage in application management. You can see which app or apps could be causing it. Pay attention to which app(s) you use throughout the day. It will tell you which apps have usage in time. Granted some will always show some kind of usage depending on the nature of the app (auto refresh, pushed items).

If you have an app running a decent amount of time and you haven't used it, delete it and monitor your memory. I had one like this before. I have 3 new apps since upgrading to .267 and I'm watching these because they may be my culprit. For example... I think it's either Google+, Wikitude or Social Feeds. I had neither of these on .163 and had no memory issues other than when I used my media player.

This is the more logical way instead of "I have a memory leak that won't fix itself" or placing the blame on the OS and RIM.

Trial and error.

Edit: I forgot to add Wikitude. I uninstalled last night and since then I have had only a 1.5MB drop in memory over 11 hours. This is acceptable with my amount of usage. I don't even know why I put Wikitude on my device. I've never used it.
    Last edited by dustanh; 02-24-12 at 12:17 PM.
    02-24-12 10:28 AM
    Does it leak? Sure it does. 30.3MB in 4 hours for me since the last I rebooted. I change BeWeather sets a lot so that could be it, along with any of the apps I run...I have maybe 25. But every Berry I've ever had leaked memory so there's nothing to be done about it. Oh I could try and figure out which app could be causing it but why bother when I can reboot as often as needed.

But I digress.....
    Yes, if you use any 3rd party apps, they could be causing the problem.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    02-24-12 02:11 PM
    I'd listen to Jaydee, she knows what she's talking about with leaks.
    02-24-12 02:32 PM
    Does it leak? Sure it does. 30.3MB in 4 hours for me since the last I rebooted. I change BeWeather sets a lot so that could be it, along with any of the apps I run...I have maybe 25. But every Berry I've ever had leaked memory so there's nothing to be done about it. Oh I could try and figure out which app could be causing it but why bother when I can reboot as often as needed.

But I digress.....
    Yes, if you use any 3rd party apps, they could be causing the problem.
    Very true... my post above yours is more of a methodical way to address it for those who want to nitpick.

I tend to just deal with the way things are sometimes. A fresh boot is easier than freaking out. Just like a computer.... isn't that why we have disc cleanup?
    Last edited by dustanh; 02-24-12 at 02:57 PM.
    02-24-12 02:52 PM
    I'd listen to Jaydee, she knows what she's talking about with leaks.
    HAHA Prince!
    It's a bad claim to fame...my memory leaks!!!

But the steps outlined above my post by dustahn were absolutely correct. Try and find it by eliminating apps, but then you can't use the app if its the culprit...
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 02-24-12 at 03:05 PM.
    02-24-12 03:02 PM
    When I do a battery pull, my memory starts at about 150mb and within a day or 2 its down to about 50-60mb, and I get the watch constantly and everything grinds to a halt.

All the apps I have are apps I use daily. So i'm not sure what to do.

9900 with OS 7.1.0.267
    03-13-12 09:56 AM
    I see -40 mb in a day and ,it sucks that I have to reboot everyday. I am on .267(7.1)
    03-13-12 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD