Hey guys!
    I just got the Blackberry Bold 9900 (AT&T) and I want to increase my memory to 32GB. Im not sure which memory card to get. Im hearing about the SanDisk 32GB microSDHC Card (Class 4). I will be using the external memory for HD video and APPs. Should I get that one or is there a better one out there. Also will Class 4 be enough for my requirements or should I look for something higher.
    Thanks
    PS: Im sorry if Im asking a question already asked here in the forum. I couldn't find an answer.
    11-10-11 03:47 PM
    Hey guys!
    I just got the Blackberry Bold 9900 (AT&T) and I want to increase my memory to 32GB. Im not sure which memory card to get. Im hearing about the SanDisk 32GB microSDHC Card (Class 4). I will be using the external memory for HD video and APPs. Should I get that one or is there a better one out there. Also will Class 4 be enough for my requirements or should I look for something higher.
    Thanks
    PS: Im sorry if Im asking a question already asked here in the forum. I couldn't find an answer.
    Thats the one I use in my 9650 and I haven't had any problems. When it comes to memory on any of my devices I tend to buy as much as I can afford. Its better to have and not need than to need and not have
    tomgnc likes this.
    11-10-11 04:49 PM
    Hey guys!
    Thanks
    That should be fine for your uses, except for the apps part. Apps do not get stored on the memory nor in device memory, only in system. Some apps do allow for settings to be saved to a memory card, and the space requirement is negligible.
    11-10-11 04:59 PM
    I would also warn you not to buy any microSD cards from eBay. There are many fakes being sold there. Beware of fake 32gb micro sd card on ebay!!!!!!: Community Help Boards: eBay Discussion Boards

Try a reputable site such as TigerDirect.com on Newegg.com.
    mssca and salexs11 like this.
    11-10-11 05:11 PM
    Personally I like to stick to brand names I know and have used before and get them from Amazon in the largest size I can afford. You can generally get good deals from Amazon. I use a 32gb Sandisk myself(SDHC) by the way.
    11-10-11 07:19 PM
    I made the mistake of getting a class 2 card.. Slow as ****!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-11 10:00 PM
    Im not sure which one to get: SanDisk micro SDHD memory card vs SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSDHC memory card? Anyone have any ideas?
    11-10-11 10:52 PM
    Sandisk is a good brand. Like the person above said, avoid ebay.
    if the price difference isn't too great, i'd go to a class 6. you'll get faster transfer rates. but for what you're describing, a class 4 should be OK.
    11-10-11 11:12 PM
    just to add do get a 32 gb. i regret only getting the 16 gb when i bought one so unless i know someone who desperately needs a 16 gb that i would donate mine to i'm gonna be using this one for a while.
    11-11-11 06:57 AM
    Just avoid off brands and try to stick with sandisk and kingston class 6. Or you can end up like me with hundreds of pictures lost
    11-11-11 08:19 AM
    Put it this way I havd to format my fake 32 gig weekly numerous times smh
    11-11-11 08:24 AM
    I would also warn you not to buy any microSD cards from eBay. There are many fakes being sold there. Beware of fake 32gb micro sd card on ebay!!!!!!: Community Help Boards: eBay Discussion Boards

Try a reputable site such as TigerDirect.com on Newegg.com.
    Great advice! I got taken for a knockoff memory on Ebay. Punk *** lived in Nebraska and I was so pissed I was considering traveling there and setting things right.
    11-11-11 09:21 AM
    I was very satisfied with Sandisk on my trusty old 9700
    11-11-11 10:39 AM
    Thanks for all the help guys. Though I prefer Sandisk, I might have to settle for a Kingston since the price is lower. Will get a class 6 from Best Buy.
    11-11-11 03:22 PM
    kingston class 6 user here too, 16 GB. enough for my needs ( even more than enough), decent speed and price. as the others said, try to get a class 6 one, the speed is good for hd video at least.
    11-11-11 03:45 PM
    check this review out.

Benchmark Results: Throughput : Round-Up: 15 microSDHC Cards, Benchmarked And Reviewed

the SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSDHC looks pretty good : )
    11-16-11 10:23 PM
    The higher class cards are also marked as such because they can be had in larger sizes. I would assume something marked as "class 10" in 16GB or 32GB in the cheaper price ranges are not as fast as they say, or they are total junk. On a budget I would go for quality at a "class 4" rating as apposed to junk with a high rating or high capacity. The others mentioned Sandisk and Kingston and I want to ad one to the list, "Mushkin". Mushkin is an American company and sources/builds quality stuff. Ordering through their website is easy, inexpensive, and if you want you can speak to someone who speaks English.

SanDisk SDSDQY-016G-A11A MICRO SDHC 16GB CARD WITH ADAPTER (ORDERED AS NEEDED FROM MFG) - BLT Catalog!

http://www.mushkin.com/Digital-Stora...HCC4-16GB.aspx

Last edited by olblueyez; 11-17-11 at 07:00 AM.
    11-17-11 06:27 AM
    I have an Adata 8gig Class 4 and a Kingston 32gig Class 4. The Kingston is painfully slow! I have used it in my Canon DSLR and in my 9900 and it really slows them both down. Just to warn everybody. I have just ordered an Adata 32gig Class 10 Here:
    NCIX.com - Buy ADATA 32GB microSDHC Micro Secure Digital High Capacity Class 10 Flash Card W/ SD Adapter - AData Technology - AUSDH32GCL10-RA1 - in Canada
    Don't know how the price compares but these guys have great service!
    11-17-11 08:53 AM
    I have a 9900 and I'm not going to be going around shooting movies. If it were me I would get a high end 16GB card like the Sandisk Ultra Mobile. It seems that class 6 card hits the sweet spot because class 10 is wasted on a BlackBerry. Besides, some of the better 4 & 6 cards run faster than their no name class 10 equivalents.

I'm keeping everything on the built-in storage now and only using my Sandisk class 4 for video, if I ever need it. Where else am I gonna keep the thing? In the little USB adapter Sandisk through in with the card? Brilliant little card reader BTW, stupid easy to use and super small.

Last edited by olblueyez; 11-17-11 at 06:40 PM.
    11-17-11 06:34 PM
    quick question, kinda related.. is there any benefit to putting a card in my 9900 if i dont intend on loading it up with music/movies/etc that would total more than 5 gb or so?
    11-17-11 08:16 PM
    quick question, kinda related.. is there any benefit to putting a card in my 9900 if i dont intend on loading it up with music/movies/etc that would total more than 5 gb or so?
    Not a one. Its, just more stuff to hog resources. Only thing I think it will be useful for is subscribing to podcasts in BBPC.

11-17-11 08:21 PM
    I usually order mine from Shop Crackberry since I figure they are pretty much ones that are tested to work well with BB devices.
    11-17-11 08:26 PM
    Just ordered a 32 GB Sandisk Mobile Ultra Class 6
    Says speeds up to 30 MB/sec.

Should be awesome!
    02-22-12 01:53 PM
    Just ordered a 32 GB Sandisk Mobile Ultra Class 6
    Says speeds up to 30 MB/sec.

Should be awesome!
    I was gonna recommend the Sandisk Mobile Ultra. Mine works great, and its nice to not worry about issues that may come and go.
    02-22-12 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD