So I performed a security swipe on my phone. lately my card has been saying everytime I take a picture that I have 40 pictures remaining. and I had about 3000 pictures , and after doing a security swipe on my fone for sum other issues I have been having. I Now have 1500 pictures..and NOW they are gone, it could have been possible that those pics were saved on the device HOWEVER...my media card had only 1500 pics and when I check memory use on my bb it says "other - 1.7gb" so I don't know what is happening! what is this 1.7gb occupied by? im wondering if its those 1500 pics that not deleted and are now disappeared ..or what else could it be and that is a lot of memory I have checked all files on my laptop and fone nothing wshows that 1.7gb soo why is it full?

I need heellpp plssss
    11-17-12 12:37 PM
    i would first try and use a computer to see if the pics load, if they do great.

otherwise i would format the card, deleting them does not delete the whole file, the exact reason why you can often undelete stuff.

formating zeros out the file. and you should also have your 1.7 g back
    11-17-12 01:01 PM
    but does this mean my media card got corrupt. because I do have some files on there. just some of them disappeared well half of them. so If I reformat the card wont all the other stuff on it go away too?
    11-17-12 02:18 PM
    I have noticed that too about storage and media cards. For some reason it takes up space before anything is even saved onto it. Maybe used to save information so it's compatible with your device.. who knows..

When you format the media card and have files on it, they will be deleted. It should be formatted before anything is stored onto it so everything is compatible and of the same format.
    11-17-12 04:41 PM
    I just got a new memory card for my 9930 and noticed before anything put on to it that my phone automatically created the necessary file locations which takes up .7GB. So that's what takes up some space.
    11-20-12 05:35 AM