Clearly from the title you may have guessed I'm a lurker and it's interesting to see what people have to say and the way people think.

Waiting and rumours seem to bring out the worst in people. I've recently had a Playbook and have been watching people drive eachother up the wall talking about firmware updates and what the Playbook can be but isn't yet. People say it's been years in the making yet isn't finished. These same people no doubt have a lot to say when devices like the 9900 are delayed.

I've just ordered a HP Touchpad because I want to play a little with webOS and precentral is full of people waiting for the next firmware update and saying how much more it could have been.

I then pop on to the Pre 3 discussions and people are talking about the Pre 3 being vapourware and how HP will never release it and don't care about phones.

I've been waiting for 3 years for a little know handheld console called the OpenPandora, if you visit the forums you will see people whining and moaning about it - now after 3 years I can understand it but it was like this just a few months after it was announced.

The same appears to be true of people waiting for the next batch of BB handsets.

We get excited about new devices and new OS's but this excitement turns bad when you feel like you've waited long enough (too long?) for this next big thing. Then it starts with Guess the release date threads, closely followed by I know a guy who knows a guy who said it wil be released ..... etc etc.

Don't get me wrong, I only lurke because otherwise I'd be one of those people talking about the next upgrade for x and the new version of y. The only thing I can say about me is that I'm no fan boy, I get bored easily and maybe, just maybe I try and back the underdog - With the exception of Nokia as they are beyond help and beyond caring about there own OS's.

Waiting sucks and waiting, watching and having the Internet to discuss the wait with is like adding fuel to the fire.

I'm saying this out loud so perhaps I can take heed myself, let's not forget to enjoy what we've currently got but never forget something better is just around the corner. I can't wait to get the 9900......
    Last edited by gnasher666; 08-03-11 at 04:13 AM.
    08-03-11 04:06 AM
    Thanks. Made me laugh.
    08-04-11 12:03 AM
    Sound like a vampire or something; "The 666 Lurker."
    08-04-11 12:07 AM
    666 lurker...you should see how the android forums are crying for 'gingerbread os' on their thunderbolts. Wah wah HTC doesn't care about us, Verizon doesn't care about us, so and so doesn't care about us. Its the same all over.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-11 07:25 AM
    I'm saying this out loud so perhaps I can take heed myself, let's not forget to enjoy what we've currently got but never forget something better is just around the corner. I can't wait to get the 9900......
    Right on!! For me the anticipation of a new device is wonderful in and of itself, but at the same time my Torch is a fine device. Does what I need in a fashion which works for my life.

Same with the PlayBook. Would more be better? Maybe. The device functions in the right niche in my life.

Waiting to touch the new phones is driving me nuts, but that is part of the fun of life these days. Customizing the Torch with new themes and apps continues to keep life interesting enough to keep BB in my life.
    08-04-11 07:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD