I'm surprised no one posted another possibility: interference.

Are other devices working well on your Wifi? I have had serious connection and performance issues spontaneously show up as well. Presumably, a neighbor set up wifi on my channel. Try changing wifi channels on your router to fix that issue.
    06-04-12 12:34 PM
    @ ma678: I will report back, what they tell me about that issue. The girl at the hotline told me it will take about 10-12 days. Now, I`m full back with my 8900 - I feel so 2008, but I still love my trusty Curve!

@ mzman: Thank you for your reply! That problem happened from one day to the other. I tried my 9900 with different routers. I only could receive that signal, when I was very close to the router(s).
    06-04-12 02:18 PM
    this is gonna be my last blackberry equipment. they only offer warranty on blackberrys from att (and any other network company) by the dealer. So if now I'm no longer a ATT customer, theres no warranty for you. I paid a grand total of $440 for a phone, and NO WARRANTY? WTF? it doesn't matter, but, GOOD BYE BLACKBERRY!
    06-04-12 10:19 PM
    Hey friends,
    just wanted to report you what Amazon told me...

Today they sent me an Email and wrote that�s it�s not possible for them to repair my device (so that means to me my device is really broken - not a software issue) - they will send me a new one if they have it on stock.
    If not not, they will give me back the money I paid for it...

That�s all I can say to that.
    I don�t know the real problem it had.

Thank you for all your replies and I hope to get back a working 9900 very soon!

Best wishes,

Slash
    Last edited by Slash82; 06-12-12 at 08:54 AM.
    06-12-12 08:05 AM
    this is gonna be my last blackberry equipment. they only offer warranty on blackberrys from att (and any other network company) by the dealer. So if now I'm no longer a ATT customer, theres no warranty for you. I paid a grand total of $440 for a phone, and NO WARRANTY? WTF? it doesn't matter, but, GOOD BYE BLACKBERRY!
    Hmmmmm... Whenever I needed warranty work on my PC or car, I never expected to send them back to the manufacturer. They always went back to the dealer/retailer. This is why I never purchase a phone from anyone other than my carrier. In 13yr with TMO I've had to have 2 devices returned and they shipped replacement overnight and paid for all shipping.
    06-12-12 08:50 AM
    I've been having this exact problem with a very weak or non-existent Wi-Fi signal and the phone doesn't switch back and forth and forces me to just turn Wi-Fi off. My phone also will switch back and forth between roaming and the Sprint network while sitting still. These issues are not network problems and specific to this device. Last night I received my 4th 9930 since mid-March. Started with a brand new device on my upgrade then 2 refurbs and now another brand new device. Sadly, this device is experiencing the same issues.

Sprint has offered to move me into a different device which will be a downgrade and that I am not the least bit happy about....I'm a diehard BB fan and love Bold 9930 if it would just connect properly.

PS - The 1st Bold did have some connectivity issues but nothing like these last 3 replacements. The reason the original was replaced was because the trackpad stopped working on some screens, the lock key was unresponsive to "unlock" prompting a battery pull any time the phone was locked. Such a shame because outside of these issues, the phone is great.
    06-12-12 09:39 AM
    Welcome in the same boat!
    Did your problems also start after a while?
    My problems started just 3 weeks or so ago.

Bought mine back in September when it just was out.
    I still love the 9900 and hope this issue is history right now!
    06-12-12 11:19 AM
    I still cannot get wifi signals in the lunch room in my office.

Sometime I can catch wifi when I sit beside my router at home.

I was wondering if this is a hardware or software issue. My 9900 used to work very well.
    06-12-12 12:21 PM
    I had the same problem I would be standing next to my router and it wouldnt pick up the signal, my solution and idk if it will work for everyone was to just unplug the power from my router wait aboot 15 seconds then plug it back in. has been working perfect for the past week or so.
    06-12-12 12:28 PM
    Related, but my BIS drops a lot (4 dots beside the wifi). I've noticed that it's pretty frequent with my house's router. It's annoying because it prevents messages to be sent or received until it re-establishes BIS, which is either by me turning wifi on and then off or waiting well over a minute.

My brother's 9700 never does this. Is it a port thing?
    06-12-12 02:55 PM
    BIS on my 9900 drops a lot in my office even if I get very strong signals sometimes.

Related, but my BIS drops a lot (4 dots beside the wifi). I've noticed that it's pretty frequent with my house's router. It's annoying because it prevents messages to be sent or received until it re-establishes BIS, which is either by me turning wifi on and then off or waiting well over a minute.

My brother's 9700 never does this. Is it a port thing?
    06-12-12 03:06 PM
    I tried to switch of my WiFi at the router, also tried to power it off...
    Nothing helped.

I also tried to get a connection with other routers.
    All my receptions were very weak!

Amazon wrote me that it was a hardware thing, they will send me a new device within a week and I hope the new one won't have that problem...

If it also has the same problem, I have to switch to an other device. Maybe to the 9790 or so...
    Because I need Wifi.
    06-12-12 03:14 PM
    So, Amazon wrote me again.
    They are not able to send me a replacement.
    Amazon-Germany took the Bold 9900 out of their product list.
    That's really sad, so the give me back my money.
    I just ordered the 9790 and so I have to switch!

Wanna say thank you for beeing there and helping me every time!!!

Hope you have more luck with your devices!
    All in all I was in love with my 9900!!!

Best wishes and see you in the 9790 area!!!

Slash
    06-14-12 01:16 AM
    So, Amazon wrote me again.
    They are not able to send me a replacement.
    Amazon-Germany took the Bold 9900 out of their product list.
    That's really sad, so the give me back my money.
    I just ordered the 9790 and so I have to switch!

Wanna say thank you for beeing there and helping me every time!!!

Hope you have more luck with your devices!
    All in all I was in love with my 9900!!!

Best wishes and see you in the 9790 area!!!

Slash
    You may still report back if your 9790 works better with your router.

Good luck.

Sent from Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2.
    06-14-12 01:53 AM
    Now, I have got my 9790.
    I have been using it since friday so that means it's my 4th day with it.
    It's running on: 7.1.0.336.

My result until now is:
    Pro:
    - WiFi-Problem is gone. I got back to all my 3 WiFi-signals and the reception is great.

- better batterylife (about 3-4 hours more per charging). Very big point for me.

- camera is great, nice to have AF again.

Cons:
    - have to get used to the smaller screen and keyboard again.

- No HD-video recording, but I can live with that.

- able to feel the difference between 1,2GHz and 1GHz. Webpages load a bit slower, not that responsive and the OS isn't thaaat fluid as it was on the 9900. But still very good.

- Touchscreen on the 9900 was a bit more responsive.

All in all I'm happy now.

It also seems that the OS 7.1 runs more stabil on the 9790 than it ran on the 9900 - no batterypull until now (except after upgrading to the 7.1). Or maybe it was because of my broken 9900, can't tell you really if it runs "better".

The best thing for me is to be back on WiFi.

Hope that helped you!

Have a great day!

Slash
    Last edited by Slash82; 06-18-12 at 02:03 AM.
    06-18-12 02:00 AM
    Now, I have got my 9790.

My result until now is:
    Pro:
    - WiFi-Problem is gone. I got back to all my 3 WiFi-signals and the reception is great.

- better batterylife (about 3-4 hours more per charging). Very big point for me.

Cons:

- able to feel the difference between 1,2GHz and 1GHz. Webpages load a bit slower, not that responsive and the OS isn't thaaat fluid as it was on the 9900. But still very good.

It also seems that the OS 7.1 runs more stabil on the 9790 than it ran on the 9900 - no batterypull until now (except after upgrading to the 7.1). Or maybe it was because of my broken 9900, can't tell you really if it runs "better".

Hope that helped you!

Have a great day!

Slash
    It's glad to know your new phone works.

I was wondering if you've ever dropped your 9900 before. I did it once with holster. I cannot remember whether signal went weaker after.

The weird part is i can have wifi connection at some places in my office, but almost nowhere at home.

Sent from Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2.
    06-20-12 11:27 PM
    Now, I have got my 9790.

My result until now is:
    Pro:

Cons:

Hope that helped you!

Have a great day!

Slash
    Glad itis working out. Two questions. Do you get real UMA or just wifi calling? Do you get better network signal, more stable? Thanks.
    06-21-12 01:11 AM
    I got a replacement from my carrier this morning, and its wifi signal gets back to normal.
    Hardware failure.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-30-12 07:23 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD