ok well i recently bought a 9930 from a friend and she told me that it had been previously been unlocked
    but apparently the unblock went wrong. So when you try to use the camera it says "Camera has been disabled
    by your system administrator". And any other things i try to use it gives me some IT message. The Wifi doesnt
    work, and also for some reason i cant respond to text messages, its like the feature is gone. It only lets me try
    to send an email but even that doesnt say send. I recently flashed this phone to Cricket and i can make and
    receive calls i also get text messages but i cant reply. All id like to fix is the messaging issue, i dont mind the
    phone not having internet and whatnot. I was thinking of purchasing another unlock code (but im pretty new to this
    blackberry business too so idk if that would even help). A solution or closure to this problem would really be helpful.
    12-14-12 10:00 PM
    Once a phones unlocked it stays unlocked. That phone was used on a BES. You need to do a factory reset. And also make sure the person who gave it to you was authorized to do that because the company may still have that pin in their records so you won't be able to use all the functions because they have it locked to their own personal business settings which they can do.
    12-14-12 10:08 PM
    Ok so firstly whats a BES. And how do i do the factory reset? where can i find the device drivers if i need them to do a factory reset?
    and i will ask the person who last had this phone, i will update on how the conversation goes.
    12-14-12 10:28 PM
    BES means it was/is a corporate phone or tied into a corporations IT dept. They can enable polices and lock functions. It could have been a private phone but the user had "coupled" with their corporation. I don't know much about it but sometimes those policies can be removed.
    12-14-12 10:34 PM
    oh ok thank you that makes sense now i will try and figure this out. Ok but i also need to know how to do the factory reset
    12-14-12 10:48 PM
    oh ok thank you that makes sense now i will try and figure this out. Ok but i also need to know how to do the factory reset
    you can use BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife or you can use blackberry desktop manager
    12-14-12 10:54 PM
    Could the swiss army knife only help my factory reset situation? or can it also help the whole thing
    12-14-12 11:05 PM
    Could the swiss army knife only help my factory reset situation? or can it also help the whole thing
    Performing a Factory Reset will remove the IT Policy from your phone, which will re-enable the camera and wifi functions, and probably allow you to reply to texts.
    If you can already make/receive calls with your Cricket SIM, then your phone is already successfully unlocked so there's nothing more to do there.
    It sounds like you don't have a BlackBerry data plan with Cricket, so you won't be able to use the internet, email, BBM or any other data-reliant apps.
    12-15-12 08:31 AM
    ok well i recently bought a 9930 from a friend and she told me that it had been previously been unlocked but apparently the unblock went wrong. So when you try to use the camera it says "Camera has been disabled by your system administrator". And any other things i try to use it gives me some IT message. The Wifi doesnt work, and also for some reason i cant respond to text messages, its like the feature is gone. It only lets me try to send an email but even that doesnt say send. I recently flashed this phone to Cricket and i can make and receive calls i also get text messages but i cant reply. All id like to fix is the messaging issue, i dont mind the phone not having internet and whatnot. I was thinking of purchasing another unlock code (but im pretty new to this blackberry business too so idk if that would even help). A solution or closure to this problem would really be helpful.
    best way is to ask that person to get it fixed. if its stolen or lost.... you will be in trouble... call original wireless carrier and check if its imei/pin is not banned...
    12-15-12 08:55 AM
    Easiest thing to try on resetting the device is go to option menu, and do Security Wipe to ALL your data. Takes a while. Then what you can also do is to load the latest ROM via DM.
    12-15-12 05:20 PM