My unlocked BB9900 (RDY71UW) on Vodafone works on band I, II, V, VI.

My telco signal is very strong on band V and not so strong on band I.

I am wondering if I can lock-on or manually selecting band V, instead of depending on BB auto search for network which drains the battery.

Thanks.
    11-19-11 08:37 PM
    My unlocked BB9900 (RDY71UW) on Vodafone works on band I, II, V, VI.

My telco signal is very strong on band V and not so strong on band I.

I am wondering if I can lock-on or manually selecting band V, instead of depending on BB auto search for network which drains the battery.

Thanks.
    Yes please - this would be a good thing - as would the ability to force single GSM bands.. We could before - but now seems like the "normal" eScreen won't allow for many changes at all.... There must be other "eScreens" available on the device...
    11-20-11 10:41 AM
    Can someone help? Anyone know how to manual select frequency band?

I'm in Australia, and the very fact is that Telcos here using all the 3 bands in (UMTS), my BBB9900 always switch when there's another stronger signal - this consumed the battery.
    11-22-11 04:32 PM
    You can choose the network type (meaning EDGE, 3G or 4G/HSPA/LTE where available) which may allow you to get on a different band in some cases, but I'm not aware of a way to choose the actual band that your using, all devices are designed to switch bands when another is stronger, and this in and of itself doesn't consume a huge amount of battery as it's usually a seamless transition that you don't even notice.
    11-22-11 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD