Figured I'd just post a new thread to update 2 outstanding issues
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...essage-712258/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ng-sos-712256/

I've had this 9900 since 11/30/11 after having the first replaced within the 30 day window because the trackpad stopped working. A few days ago, I woke up to a slow flashing red light and slow flashing trackpad light (I figured bricked), pulled the battery and it came back on. Since then, my phone was switching to SOS constantly and would not allow me to open text messages. Called AT&T, they told me to go to the store. Went to the store, got a referral instructed the device support center to replace the unit. The device support center wiped the device and said it was working fine (even though it still did not open text messages). After the wipe, same issues but now the SIM showed "Unknown Number". Called AT&T this morning twice, both reps said I needed a new SIM card. Went to the store this afternoon and it took me 45 minutes to convince the SALES REP to give me a SIM card just to rule it out. The phone was still not functioning and the SIM showed no associated phone number. Called AT&T back and when the young lady came on and asked how she could help me, I politely said, please forward me to your manager. After a short explanation she did so. I told the manager the situation and she said they could issue me a refurb. I told her that this was already my second unit in 3 months and when I buy a new device, I expect it to last at least the whole 2 year contract period. She finally told me that she could renew my contract and send me a brand new device free of charge. Long story short, stay on AT&T because sooner or later, you'll get someone to realize how badly some of their reps/techs/etc. you around. When they say, "there's nothing I can do but give you a refurb", it's b/s because they CAN and WILL do something more.

My apologies for the wordy post, I just hope that this helps someone that may go through a similar experience.

P.S...I get to keep the original device also which is a plus, even though it doesn't function correctly
    03-27-12 06:44 PM
    Refurbs are the norm for most companies, even if you have issue in the first month.
    03-27-12 06:49 PM
    Refurbs are the norm for most companies, even if you have issue in the first month.
    I do understand that and I've seen all of the discussions regarding this but I still do not agree with it. I would have been "fine" with a refurb had they not jerked me around for 3 days.
    03-27-12 06:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD