I recently purchased a bb9900 and now on my 2nd since i have had multiple problems with them..... to charge the battery you get an error stating that its not connected to correct charger. so either i have to take the battery(which is a pain because i have a cover on it)out or i have to delete a app to have the system reboot. the other problems are with the mouse making the clicking noise. it will stop working if on the web or using the phone outa no where....in order to get this to work again is to make a phone call. also it restarts by itself and deletes music and pictures!!!! idk if its the OS thats running on it or if its something else... im ready to give up and have my provider back me out of the contract and give me money back!!! is anyone having these issues or is it just my luck
    11-27-11 08:49 AM
    I recently purchased a bb9900 and now on my 2nd since i have had multiple problems with them..... to charge the battery you get an error stating that its not connected to correct charger. so either i have to take the battery(which is a pain because i have a cover on it)out or i have to delete a app to have the system reboot. the other problems are with the mouse making the clicking noise. it will stop working if on the web or using the phone outa no where....in order to get this to work again is to make a phone call. also it restarts by itself and deletes music and pictures!!!! idk if its the OS thats running on it or if its something else... im ready to give up and have my provider back me out of the contract and give me money back!!! is anyone having these issues or is it just my luck
    Soz ... didn't see this post before I responded to yours in the other thread.

Sounds like you just have a lemon on your hands. I've seen other users with the charging issue here before, but it doesn't seem to be widespread.

Just as a note, instead of pulling the battery, you can reboot the phone by pressing ALT + Right Shift + Del keys at the same time. Which is still a pain in the arse, but it's a little less of a pain than pulling the battery out.

Before returning the phone, you may want to try installing a later OS. Check this thread for more info: http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...-fixes-670115/. Folks seem to be having good luck with this one. I'd avoid the 7.1 leak for now and stick with the tried-and-true.

Hope this helps ...
    fragment137 and charbb9530 like this.
    11-27-11 09:28 AM
    Soz ... didn't see this post before I responded to yours in the other thread.

Sounds like you just have a lemon on your hands. I've seen other users with the charging issue here before, but it doesn't seem to be widespread.

Just as a note, instead of pulling the battery, you can reboot the phone by pressing ALT + Right Shift + Del keys at the same time. Which is still a pain in the arse, but it's a little less of a pain than pulling the battery out.

Before returning the phone, you may want to try installing a later OS. Check this thread for more info: http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...-fixes-670115/. Folks seem to be having good luck with this one. I'd avoid the 7.1 leak for now and stick with the tried-and-true.

Hope this helps ...
    Literally a minute before my post was finished typing, fiddy :P

@charbb9530:

I'm not sure what you're referring to as the mouse? Do you mean the Trackpad? Does this happen while doing any operation on the phone or just in the Browser?

I'd go with what fiddy is suggesting.. try the OS upgrade and failing that get a newer phone.. been hearing about bad batches.
    Last edited by fragment137; 11-27-11 at 09:34 AM.
    charbb9530 likes this.
    11-27-11 09:29 AM
    Get your provider to change that phone. And when you pick up the new one, test it right there.
    charbb9530 likes this.
    11-27-11 09:37 AM
    Uninstall Blink!
    charbb9530 likes this.
    11-27-11 09:45 AM
    Flame me for this, but why? When you are the first to respond to a post, why do you quote the entire 3 paragraph OP? I don't get it? Afraid we won't know who you are responding to? Why?

Flame here.-----}>

Wow.

BlackBerry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk 1.4.5.1
    11-27-11 12:41 PM
    Flame me for this, but why? When you are the first to respond to a post, why do you quote the entire 3 paragraph OP? I don't get it? Afraid we won't know who you are responding to? Why?

Flame here.-----}>
    If I were the man I was five years ago, I'd take a flame-thrower to this post.
    11-27-11 12:48 PM
    I tried uninstalling this app and the problem still occured
    11-27-11 01:05 PM
    @18to7fiddy.... yes it does seem to be a pain to actually get the phone to reboot with the alt+right **** +del key... ill look at the link yu suggested and if not i will return. thanx again
    11-27-11 01:10 PM

Flame here.-----}>
    Because if I had scratched both sides of my nose instead of just one or if fragment didn't take the time to scratch his, I would not have been the first one to reply, and then yes, you lovely and charming members might not know to whom I was responding. And we couldn't have that.

Also, I might have been mobile, in which case quoting the post I'm responding to is the only way to see what I'm responding to while I'm responding to it. Because I suffer from chronic CRS.
    11-27-11 01:14 PM
    @fragment137... sorry yes i meant the trackpad.... is this normal for the clicking noise to stop working?
    11-27-11 01:22 PM
    yes i played with these options too ... but i like the sound of it... so i keep it on... but if im on it too much, it stops working until i actually make a call.... i think ill just take it back again and hope 3rd time will be a charm!!
    11-27-11 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD