Hello there.
    i have an issue. unsolvable for 8 months. i have had to stop using my BB and switched to android.
    my 9900 sometimes hangs after a call. if it doesnt hang, then i lose all sound without knowing. i then don't hear any ringing, messages etc...
    if i am lucky enough to see my phone lighting up when i get a call, if i pick up the call, its no use. cos my mike doesnt work, and neither does the speaker. so my caller and i cannot hear each other.
    till i take my battery out, and put it back in.... then i may be lucky, and it wont happen for 12 to 14 hours,... but that is rarely the case.... its usually every 3 or 4 phone calls..

it makes me look very unprofessional to customers, cos i have to wait 2 minutes or so till my phone reboots... and sometimes it happens straight after my first call after rebooting.

i also look bad to all the family members i have told to get blackberries, and they have.
    cos of me.

this problem happened with my first 9900, then i replaced it after 1 month, and the new has the same problem. so after 2 months of stress, i changed to an galaxy s2... yet i still want the blackberry to work fine..

needless to say, my keyboard also has the double letter problem...

can anyone out there help me?

peace:
    07-08-12 12:14 PM
    Replacement is best answer...
    Updating OS might help in sound problem..
    But...double key....
    First try updating OS..
    If doesn't help...
    Replacement is only answer...
    Last edited by infinus; 07-08-12 at 12:26 PM.
    imi.lotto likes this.
    07-08-12 12:23 PM
    Yeah I was wondering about the OS as well. I think I remember reading about similar issues on earlier OS versions and updating solved them. Hope you get it sorted out.
    imi.lotto likes this.
    07-08-12 01:34 PM
    I had the same issue with 5 9930 phones. I am on my sixth now and have yet to experience the issue (knocking on wood). I hope your issue doesn't take that many to resolve ! I did all the software suggestions u will here in this post. None worked. Keep insisting on a replacement until u get one without the issue. Good Luck!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    imi.lotto likes this.
    07-08-12 02:04 PM
    Unfortunately, in the country i live in, there is no official blackberry vendor, and the retailers themselves buy 5 or 6 units, sell them, then order some more, from retailers in the middle east region. I live in tanzania. so even if i got a reciept from them , i dont really know what they can do for me, they are a bit shady in that respect. they were helpful enough to take the first one back, which i know they could do nothing about, and they lost the money on that phone. its probably lying around somewhere in their shop. so i think the best method for replacement is to go to an authorized service centre in the middle east, and get them to sort it for me... maybe they will replace it under warranty.

what do you think?

@lev784.. what country are you based in?
    Last edited by imi.lotto; 07-08-12 at 04:22 PM. Reason: asking a question to a member
    07-08-12 04:21 PM
    Hate to say it but iPhone seems to be your best bet if you can't get a replacement. I'm on my 4th 9930 and this will be my last.
    imi.lotto likes this.
    07-08-12 05:35 PM
    Thanks for the advice. But the samsung galaxy s2 is much more suited to me than the iphone. U should try android!
    07-09-12 06:56 AM
    Im having the same problem this week on my 9900. Cant keep with this problem. For sure...
    09-16-12 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD