Hi all!

I'm currently using a Bold 9900 but I don't have a Blackberry backed Data Plan so I don't have access to the integrated email apps. I have installed LogicMail 2.2.0.78 and using Blacberry OS 7.1.714, Playform 5.1.0.532.

I have setup LogicMail so when I close the app it will run in the background. However, it will not check for new messages unless I tells it to do.

The problem is that after 5-10 minutes the Application Resource Monitor (ARM) tells me that LogicMail take up too many resources and has been shut down. I can tell ARM not to monitor LogicMail, but will I risk doing any damage to the hardware? Overheating or something like that, for example when I'm listening to music and browsing at the same time?

Is there any fix to this problem besides telling ARM not to monitor LogicMail. Any builds that are more stable or something like that?

Regards,
    Jakob
    10-19-12 03:49 AM
    Hi all!

I'm currently using a Bold 9900 but I don't have a Blackberry backed Data Plan so I don't have access to the integrated email apps. I have installed LogicMail 2.2.0.78 and using Blacberry OS 7.1.714, Playform 5.1.0.532.

I have setup LogicMail so when I close the app it will run in the background. However, it will not check for new messages unless I tells it to do.

The problem is that after 5-10 minutes the Application Resource Monitor (ARM) tells me that LogicMail take up too many resources and has been shut down. I can tell ARM not to monitor LogicMail, but will I risk doing any damage to the hardware? Overheating or something like that, for example when I'm listening to music and browsing at the same time?

Is there any fix to this problem besides telling ARM not to monitor LogicMail. Any builds that are more stable or something like that?

Regards,
    Jakob
    That�s not a real solution (disabling the ARM). Last time I did that my battery was dead in about 45 minutes (after a full charge). No chance of damage, but an app monopolizing resources like that will make it extremely difficult to use your device if it�s killing the battery power, and you�ll be a lot more frustrated than you are now.

Last time I checked the author�s web site (LogicMail for BlackBerry) I could read trouble tickets but couldn�t enter new ones. I was just about to post here about the same problem you�re experiencing, but also just created a new user account at the author�s web site and I�m about to enter a ticket on this issue. For some reason, I don�t think the user account system was active last time I visited his web site.

Bad news, though, is I see that the last �trouble ticket� anyone entered there was back in May, and the last ticket accepted for action was in March (of this year). Not a lot of activity there. But try it and see if you can get an answer before me.

I�m also trying to use Logicmail as an alternative to the Google Gmail app for Blackberry, which is now very much out of date (running �v2.0.7.1264 Web�). I believe that the Gmail app was written for BB OS 4.7 back in 2008. I need something reasonably secure end-to-end (BIS is definitely not), and this could be a nice simple solution.

I�m running Logicmail 2.2.081, slightly more recent than yours. You can either download it and load it into your device with the Blackberry Apploader, or use the OTA URL at the author�s website.
    12-08-12 02:31 PM