Locks up when trying to pair bluetooth GPSr
Equipment, Blackberry 9930, operating system 7.1. Dual Electronics XGPS150a.
I just bought this bluetooth gps and it worked GREAT with my 9930 for 2 days but now when I try to pair it the indicator light on the bluetooth device says it is paired but the blackberry displays a black screen with two symbols, a computer display and blackberry. I haven't found any way to get past this, the phone will not respond until I power off the bluetooth gps.
I initially was able to set this up very easily and it worked very, very well. Both the phone and gpsr are fully charged. I have pulled and replaced the Blackberry battery. No other devices paired. I have deleted the device and repaired several times. Maybe one time in twenty it will pair and when it does it works great... I was able to pair it with another 9930 once but that may have been luck I have it paired to my Galaxy tablet right now with no problem.
I have the Crackberry set to use the external GPSr. I have tried with encryption on and off - no change. Have unpaired and pulled the battery....
Thanks in advance,
More info: I was able to spend some more time working on this tonight. The screen that is displayed when I try to pair and it locks up is the same screen you see when you use the BB desktop software to back up your device. My laptop doesn't have bluetooth, I use usb to backup.
I have found that now if I delete the gps from the list of bluetooth devices and then re pair, it will work until the gps unpairs, then upon re pairing the BB will lock up and displayed the aforementioned screen until I power off the gps device.
- By gcb0429 in forum BlackBerry Torch 9860/9850Replies: 4Last Post: 02-13-2012, 04:10 AM
- By beamolite in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 10Last Post: 08-01-2011, 05:39 PM
- By emailtvo in forum BlackBerry UnlockingReplies: 15Last Post: 03-19-2010, 12:46 AM
- By jwaddy in forum BlackBerry Curve 8350iReplies: 1Last Post: 06-07-2009, 07:06 PM
- By janis5151 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 2Last Post: 05-26-2009, 06:39 PM