Is anyone else having issues w/ their 9930 locking up while rebooting. Whether it be after pressing alt-right shift-del, a battery pull or restarting after an update; my bold will hang about 3/4 the way thru a reboot. The progress bar stops roughly between the 'Y' and the 'U' of the keyboard and just below the 'E' in Blackberry that's displayed while booting. Sometimes, a simple alt-right shift-del will fix it and other times, I have to do that 3 or 4 times for it to complete. I've had Verizon send me a replacement phone once already for this, but even the replacement phone is going it. I'm using 7.1 Bundle 457 (v7.1.0.163). Any suggestions?
    06-22-12 02:26 PM
    How long are you waiting before trying again? Sometimes mine sits in that spot for a bit before moving on, especially if I've deleted or updated something or if it's been awhile since I've rebooted. When I first got my 9930 I thought the same thing and did additional reboots as well when actually it was just taking longer than I thought it should.
    06-22-12 02:31 PM
    well, when i 1st got the new phones, a reboot flew by in no time. the progress bar never paused. the longer i've had both phones, the longer reboots became. i've been performing a 2nd/3rd reboot after waiting as little as 30 seconds. maybe that's my issue. maybe i'm not giving it enough time due to the phone now having far more apps on it now as opposed to what it did when i 1st got it.
    06-22-12 02:38 PM
    well, when i 1st got the new phones, a reboot flew by in no time. the progress bar never paused. the longer i've had both phones, the longer reboots became. i've been performing a 2nd/3rd reboot after waiting as little as 30 seconds. maybe that's my issue. maybe i'm not giving it enough time due to the phone now having far more apps on it now as opposed to what it did when i 1st got it.
    Yeah you definitely need to give it longer than 30 seconds. The more you have on it, the more things need to sort themselves out on reboot. Hope that's all it is.
    06-22-12 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD