Any apps that work on OS7/BB 9900 that allows me to lock my phone when a call comes in? This is one of the reasons I left Blackberry and went to the iPhone - but now I'm back with the 9900 - HELP!

10-09-11 09:32 AM
    If there is a way, I am not sure about how to go about doing that. Why would you want to lock your phone when you are speaking on it?
    10-09-11 09:49 AM
    Any apps that work on OS7/BB 9900 that allows me to lock my phone when a call comes in? This is one of the reasons I left Blackberry and went to the iPhone - but now I'm back with the 9900 - HELP!

You can, always could, just press the lock button after the call is connected.
    10-09-11 10:08 AM
    The Proximity sensor on the left of the notification light disables the touch screen when using the phone. If this was your concern?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-11 10:10 AM
    Slightly off topic, but when I lock my screen, I dont get anything but a black screen. My storm used to display my owner info. Is there a fix? or am I just not doing something right.....
    10-09-11 10:28 AM
    I find that the speakerphone automically comes on while holding the phone. But when I lock the screen with the button on top I have to do a battery pull to get the phone's backlight to work properly. I have reported this on several posts - once you lock the phone's screen when talking, and then unlock the screen after the call, the SEND, BB, ESC AND END keys will stay lit. The trackpad button is the only one that will dim. I've tried this on several 9930's and have gotten the same reaction.
    10-09-11 10:39 AM
    If there is a way, I am not sure about how to go about doing that. Why would you want to lock your phone when you are speaking on it?
    Because I'm accidentially doing stuff like putting people on hold/activating speakerphone etc. Same issue I had with the Torch which I absolutely HATED!

I will try a few calls using the default lock and see what happens and report back!
    10-09-11 08:26 PM
    The Proximity sensor on the left of the notification light disables the touch screen when using the phone. If this was your concern?

Exactly! I never had an issue and I'm on the phone a lot. Gotta be a bad sensor.

10-09-11 08:43 PM
    Well the lock button works that came with it so I just have to remember to lock it everytime I make a call.
    10-11-11 08:31 PM
    This is interesting. Didn't know it had a proximity sensor, I wonder if mine is defective. My screen never locks when I have a call and my cheek often presses Hold or dial a 3rd party...
    05-24-12 09:17 AM
    Do you have a screen protector that is maybe covering the proximity sensor..
    05-24-12 08:28 PM
    Or do you have a beard?

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-24-12 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD