I'm in Knoxville, tn... our local verizon store has the 9930.

It is tempting, but I just spent the last two days suffering with a Droid Incredible 2... yuck... it was like trying to use a phone in a Jersey Disco... just too much crap going on.

Just sold it... hours ago.... on Craigslist. I took a loss on it, but wanted it out of my sight.

I'm back, and I hope RIM has some staying power. Still thinking about the 9930 as opposed to cruising along with my 9650 and waiting for QNX. (and NOT a slab phone for crying out loud... must have keyboard)
    08-19-11 05:26 PM
    I will say that the 9930 is hands down worlds away from the 9650 (I had one before as well). Screen size really makes a difference and the touchscreen is awesome! Personally, my fingers aren't huge so the keyboard is fine on both devices. I may type a bit faster on the 9930.

I would definitely get this though, because the QNX BB Colt which is supposedly (but doubtedly) coming before the end of the year will be a 4.3" touchscreen 'slab' phone... no physical qwerty keyboard on the first QNX device... (it will be like a mini playbook with phone capabilities)
    08-19-11 05:31 PM
    People complain about the buttons just under the screen.... do they seem fragile to you? (and if they somehow break, are they fixable without problems?)

He said he had two left today.

I do love my 9650... and after that droid incredible and it's crazy weak signal... it's nice to see all those signal bars! If I did not have a job that required snappy phone use and efficient note taking, I'd be all over those androids.

I'm thinking about seeing if my girlfriend wants to head out to the store (it's about 20 minutes away), but ... maybe tomorrow.
    08-19-11 05:50 PM
    The 9930 is incredibly snappy and fast. transition between screens is like the iPhone (how you swipe between homescreens).

And I have zero complaints about the buttons under the screen. They seem perfect on my 9930. And if they somehow were to break, it looks like it would be an easy fix (but I don't see how it would break from normal everyday use)
    08-19-11 05:57 PM
    My local store has it too. There was about 40 ppl in there so I just glaced at it and walked out. Mine will be here tomorrow before 1:30 PM
    08-19-11 06:33 PM
    This morning at 10, I was able to purchase the 9930 at the Verizon store located in the Scottsdale, Arizona mall. I've had the Nexus 1 & S and the Incredible 1 & 2. I prefer the hardware of the 9930 and the Blackberry OS.
    08-19-11 06:55 PM
    I have a Droid Charge, and have always had a Blackberry for business for the last 7 years. I gotta say I just got the 9930, and its hands down the best BB I've ever owned. My Charge has been sitting idle since I got it...lol!
    Anyway, yes the hype is real! The device is awesome...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-11 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD