Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Local Sprint Store has 9930's in Stock

I just visited my local Sprint store and found out that they have 9930's in stock ready for sale. The list price is $500 without a contract.
    While I was playing with the phone, the salesman offered to drop the price to $450. I was thinking about what he just said and wondered why the price would be dropped without any questions. When I did not answer him, he said if I trade in my current Bold 9650, he could drop the price to $400.
    I was pretty surprised at this and said I would think about it. All the while I wondered why the price was dropped so quickly. This is a brand new to market phone and I expected the prices to remain high for at least a week.

Is anybody else experiencing price softness for this phone?
    Any ideas why?
    Last edited by calcareer; 08-19-2011 at 05:54 PM. Reason: They have 5 9930's in stock
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask.

Damn, I wish they would offer it for sale at my local stores. Is it a Corp. store or a dealer?
    Follow - Twitter
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

It is a corporate store in southern California
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    428 Global Posts
    PIN
    None

Man I would have been on top of that $450!
    CrackBerry User

Default where lol

Santa Monica and Culver City won't sell......bastards!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    PIN
    Available upon request

They might be taking the value of your phone you are trading in. Remember, Sprint buys your old phones for you and maybe he already had the current rate for the phone you had.

Here, they all either say they are gonna have them on Sunday, some people said they aren't getting them till next week, and some people don't have a clue. Some lady said "There is a new Blackberry?". I have a feeling either some stores won't get them (like when ATT launched one of the iPhones, not all of their stores got stock) or supply will be very short unless it is in a major area like Houston or LA or something like that.

So be lucky if your store has them in stock and just won't sell them. Just be damn sure you are first in line when they open on Sunday, because I guarantee you some of the stores inventory will be very short. LIke maybe some crap like getting 5 Bold touches and 3 torches or some crap like that.
    CrackBerry User

A few spots in my area are selling them now!

Hopefully I have time to stop by and pick one up tonight.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,382 Global Posts
    PIN
    not anymore....

I saw 2 sprint 9930's on eBay already.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,382 Global Posts
    PIN
    not anymore....

ok i called all 3 Sprint stores here around my house in Miami. All said confirmed...not for sale today...tommorrow sunday aug 21 yes...whateva! looks like sunday it is...i already scheduled my appt for 11am..good luck guys
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FAADF

called about 10 stores in the metro Atlanta Georgia area and it's a no go. All confirmed that it will be online for sale tomorrow and few of them confirmed they will also have them in store.
    Still with SPRINT after all these years
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask.

Quote Originally Posted by phone-a-holic View Post
    called about 10 stores in the metro Atlanta Georgia area and it's a no go. All confirmed that it will be online for sale tomorrow and few of them confirmed they will also have them in store.
    That's the same that I've experienced down here. Someone at a store is holding it for me tomorrow so hopefully I'm good to go!
    Follow - Twitter
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,609 Global Posts

Well I have been checking the Best Buy website every day for a while, and yesterday they still had the 9650's on there, and today they are gone! That can only mean that they are ready to put up the 9930 (hopefully) I am waiting to buy at my local Best Buy because they offer an instant rebate, where Sprint now only sends you a Visa card for your rebate.
    BLACKBERRY Q10 on OS 10.2.1.1055 and Playbook 64GB
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FC56F3

I think it's a store to store thing. A lot of Sprint stores will sell certain phones early if they have them in stock. I got my 9930 last week from a store here in St. Louis County. Got my 9650 a week before it came out in Oklahoma City. But for some reason, these same stores wouldn't release certain android phones before their release dates.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,382 Global Posts
    PIN
    not anymore....

Quote Originally Posted by dollface54 View Post
    Well I have been checking the Best Buy website every day for a while, and yesterday they still had the 9650's on there, and today they are gone! That can only mean that they are ready to put up the 9930 (hopefully) I am waiting to buy at my local Best Buy because they offer an instant rebate, where Sprint now only sends you a Visa card for your rebate.
    the bolds 9650's are still there...i just checked now
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dollface54 View Post
    I am waiting to buy at my local Best Buy because they offer an instant rebate, where Sprint now only sends you a Visa card for your rebate.
    A Rep last night stated that any sprint phone costing over 200 has instant rebate.