Does anyone have tips on how to load the crackberry.com frontpage faster on a bold 9900? I'm talking about the full site not the mobile site. I can't find the option to disable flash in the options. It takes 20 seconds or more over wifi and upto a minute over 3G. That's kinda slow I think. Thanks.
    10-10-12 09:26 PM
    Re: Disabling Javascript... in the web browser, hit the Menu Key (left of trackpad), Options, then scroll down and there's a check box under the Web Content section for Enable Javascript. You can uncheck it.

We do have a lot of updates coming to the mobile sites soon to optimize that experience. I understand right now that the m.crackberry.com site is maybe a little too bare bones, and the full site is a little too full. Working hard to hit the right balances for all of the viewing experiences, whether desktop computer, phone or tablet. Thx for the patience in the meantime!

Kevin
    10-10-12 09:54 PM
    Awesome. I'm looking forward to the new site. And thanks for the tip.
    10-10-12 10:27 PM
    Found this today. Scroll near to the bottom of the "Full Websites" page. Open the little white box and choose "Mobile BETA" view. No need to disable JS. Very similar to the old Wap 3 view. But very fast and really nice contrast. If you want to switch views again later you will need to open the "Full Website" page once again.
    10-11-12 01:43 PM
    albee, can you be more specific? A screenshot maybe? I can't find anything that says Mobile BETA anywhere...
    10-11-12 06:49 PM
    albee, can you be more specific? A screenshot maybe? I can't find anything that says Mobile BETA anywhere...
    Load the full website page. 3/4 of the way down before the bottom of the page is a white narrow box where you can change the style of the view. If you click on it a drop down box will give you 3 choices. Choose mobile BETA. You will not get this box with the options unless you are on the "Full Website". The box is right above all the advertisings. If you can not find it by my description a screnshot won't help you.
    Xader likes this.
    10-11-12 08:08 PM
    I found it. Thanks.
    10-11-12 09:56 PM
    Hooray! Glad you got it. Works good for me and I love the color scheme! Perfect for late night on CB.
    10-12-12 02:14 PM