I've been using BlackBerry Bold 9900 for about more than 1,5 years now, it's running BB OS v7.1.0.1033 (v7.1 Bundle 2807), and here's a short list of its shortcomings that drive me crazy whenever I use it:

• If I lay it on desk (or any flat surface), the touchscreen is not working. I had to pick it up, and tilt it a bit to make the touchscreen work again. Do I need it lay flat on a desk while using it? Yes, because I often have to write something important from the messages or emails I got on a piece of paper.
    • If I'm taking/making calls, sometimes the touchscreen is not automatically turned off so my cheek kept on touching the speaker button in the middle of conversations. A friend of mine (who is also a BlackBerry user) offer a solution: don't put on the whole surface of the phone when I use it, tilt it a bit so the touchscreen is not pressed against my cheek. But here's my counterpart: once in a while I (and I'm sure many of you too) pressed the Bold 9900 against my cheek when both of my hands are working (writing, driving, holding groceries, opening doors, jerking-off, etc.).
    • The pop-up messages from the wireless carrier are too loud, and there's no option to tune it down, unless I turned off the ringer completely or set it on vibrate only.

I've taken it to an official service centre (to fix the first and second issue up there), and they can't do about it unless it's an obvious hardware malfunctions. Have anyone else out there experiencing the same issues like I do?

PS: sorry for the pun intended up there, can't help it while I'm at it.
    02-09-14 11:55 PM
    hmm not here, I have a 9900, and when I put it flat on the table, I can still access my touch screen, and never cheek dial anything...
    Joe Clean likes this.
    02-10-14 12:01 AM
    I have a 9930 and I've never had this problem. I assume that you have done the battery pulls? Have you tried a uninstall and then reinstall the software. (I've never done that myself, you may want to read more post before you try it!) Have you down loaded and software that was not from BB or BBW?? Have you tried a new battery? Hope it helps. Good Luck T500J:
    02-10-14 03:06 AM
    Same as Zocster, never had a problem. You must have a faulty device.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Joe Clean likes this.
    02-10-14 07:23 AM
    I have a 9930 and I've never had this problem. I assume that you have done the battery pulls? Have you tried a uninstall and then reinstall the software. (I've never done that myself, you may want to read more post before you try it!) Have you down loaded and software that was not from BB or BBW?? Have you tried a new battery? Hope it helps. Good Luck T500J:
    Battery pull? That's the first thing we all do if there's a problem with our BlackBerry.
    Reinstall the BB OS? Done that, even upgraded it a few times.
    Read more post? Many times, here at CrackBerry of course!
    Installing BB OS or apps that are not from BlackBerry or BB World? Never, and not planning too.*
    A new battery? Hell yeah, although that has nothing to do with the issues I'm experiencing.

* PS: I have no apps installed in the Bold 9900, none.
    02-10-14 10:50 AM
    Battery pull? That's the first thing we all do if there's a problem with our BlackBerry.
    Reinstall the BB OS? Done that, even upgraded it a few times.
    Read more post? Many times, here at CrackBerry of course!
    Installing BB OS or apps that are not from BlackBerry or BB World? Never, and not planning too.*
    A new battery? Hell yeah, although that has nothing to do with the issues I'm experiencing.

* PS: I have no apps installed in the Bold 9900, none.
    Did you wipe the phone before you loaded a new OS ??
    02-10-14 11:04 AM
    Did you wipe the phone before you loaded a new OS ??
    Yes, of course. I use BBSAK v1.9.2, and I read the How To (step-by-step guidance) from CrackBerry too. I also downloaded and install the official BB OS only.
    02-10-14 08:42 PM
    Oh, and here's another quirk in BB OS v7.1 which I found it to be annoying: there's an email association contact list when user is filling in a new contact, although I can change which email address to be associated with the new contact, but still it can't be changed once the new contact is saved. Why do you do that BlackBerry?!?
    02-14-14 12:56 AM