OK, i have a problem that has been bothering me for a while.

When a mail or bbm message arrives, my phone will ring and the red light will flash.
    But this light just blinks 3 times, and it goes off just like that. sometimes the red light doesn't even flash.

I checked my profile settings and the LED was set to on on most alerts (my preferences actually).

I tried to turn the coverage indicator on in hope that it will fix the glitch, but the same happened. the green light stops blinking after 2/3 times and i'm on full bars.

My bold 9000 used to frequently flash the red led when i reached my pocket (i receive a lot of bbm) and now, i'm without visual alert.

Please help
    bold 9900/ running os 7.0.0.353
    10-05-11 08:38 AM
    I assume you already tried a battery pull to see if that corrects the problem?
    10-05-11 08:57 AM
    I assume you already tried a battery pull to see if that corrects the problem?
    tried it, no luck. Do you think it is a software problem?
    because turning in a blackberry because of a faulty led light is just... i dunno, it doesnt worth it.
    10-05-11 09:07 AM
    You can try installing a 3rd party app that lets you control the LED - like BeBuzz (you can customize different colors for contracts, apps, email accounts...).

I have the paid version and love it, but there is a free you can try just to see if it takes care of your current problem: Free BeBuzz Free - LED Light Colors - Download BeBuzz Free - LED Light Colors - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    10-05-11 10:01 AM
    Do you use any 3rd party app for setting notification? If so, you have to set all the LED to OFF and just let the app do the work. If you don't use any 3rd party app, then the OS might have a glitch when using the coverage indicator.. Solution.. Don't use the coverage indicator and see if that will help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-11 11:32 AM
    it looks like somebody must have played with your notifications....but try this just in case....change your sound profiles....highlight your sound notification on the top left of your screen...click it....your sound profiles will appear, and choose which sound profiles you would like to change, i.e., normal, loud, etc....then highlight and choose/click on "change sounds and alerts".....highlight and click/choose sounds for selected profile,....then choose messages/ instant messages notifiers, depending on which you would like to edit/change....then choose bbm message, as an example, then, choose your notifier tone, volume, count - how many times it will ring...

if you have done this already, i cannot think of anything else....
    10-05-11 12:17 PM
    In my good knowledge, there isn't any app that has modified the notification setting.
    I tried changing profiles, but that was not the problem.

Because when I turn on the green led coverage light, it stops blinking after twice too despite the bars I get

10-05-11 06:15 PM
    With BeBuzz free app, does the led light stop blinking after a little while or can it keep blinking until you check your message?
    conductordude likes this.
    10-05-11 06:25 PM
    Corrupt OS - backup + reinstall and don't restore everything just select emails/bbm/contact then start out fresh I had this and it fixed following these directions

10-05-11 06:37 PM
    With BeBuzz free app, does the led light stop blinking after a little while or can it keep blinking until you check your message?

The LED will keep blinking until you check your media (like the BB should do natively)
    10-05-11 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD