Next week. What makes you think they will have it to you next week?

"Probably?"
    07-12-11 05:56 AM
    After speaking to Vodafone UK this morning to check my upgrade date 14/10/2011 incase anyone is interested, they gentleman on the upgrade team told me that the latest info he had been given was 17/09/2011 as the release date on vodafone UK, again he could have been talking out of his arse( or *** for everyone across the pond)

hope he isnt lying though would be perfect timing for me
    Last edited by tinny24; 07-12-11 at 05:59 AM.
    07-12-11 05:57 AM
    Next week. What makes you think they will have it to you next week?

"Probably?"
    I've been a client of theirs for over 7 years now. The 'official' release is a month or more away. The 'pre' release is very soon, at a cost of $950. Once the release is official, then the price drops to 6 or max 7 bills.
    07-12-11 06:02 AM
    After speaking to Vodafone UK this morning to check my upgrade date 14/10/2011 incase anyone is interested, they gentleman on the upgrade team told me that the latest info he had been given was 17/09/2011 as the release date on vodafone UK, again he could have been talking out of his arse( or *** for everyone across the pond)

hope he isnt lying though would be perfect timing for me
    How is that good - it's over a month later than they said two weeks ago?
    07-12-11 06:47 AM
    Perhaps this thread will make sense tomorrow if RIM decides to announce the release dates?!?!
    07-25-11 05:08 PM
    Perhaps this thread will make sense tomorrow if RIM decides to announce the release dates?!?!
    Perhaps it will but this site RIM Announcing Details For BlackBerry Devices With New BlackBerry 7 OS Tomorrow For #BB7FanNight! | BlackBerryRocks.com implies that it will be for other devices that haven't been mentioned yet. IT would be hard to believe if RIM makes an announcement that has no relation to the 9900/9930.
    07-25-11 05:10 PM
    The NYTimes, today, carried a lengthy article that RIM is cutting their workforce by 10%.

Here is part of the article;
    ====
    .......RIM’s fundamental problems. RIM’s future outlook now largely rests with a line of BlackBerry phones based around an entirely new operating system known as QNX.

Those phones, however, will not be for sale until an unspecified point next year. In the interim, RIM has introduced phones with an improved version of its decade-old operating system.
    =======
    So - RIM is saying they are releasing 'interim" phones (like the 99000) - but aren't saying even when those will be released. They are also saying that the phones expected to compete with TODAY's iphone and Android could be a year away.

Kind of depressing for BB addicts. I should mention that RIM did point out that even w. the 10% cut - they still will have the same number of employees they had at the end of 2010.
    07-25-11 05:34 PM
    A rep from T-Mobile just told me that the 9900 would be out sometime before the summer ended, she didn't have an exact date.
    07-25-11 05:41 PM
    A rep from T-Mobile just told me that the 9900 would be out sometime before the summer ended, she didn't have an exact date.
    Yea, obviously, since BlackBerry said it would be released this Summer. Also, that beats what a Verizon representative said to me today: "I have no clue."
    Referring to the BB 9930 release date.
    07-25-11 06:00 PM
    The NYTimes, today, carried a lengthy article that RIM is cutting their workforce by 10%.

Here is part of the article;
    ====
    .......RIM�s fundamental problems. RIM�s future outlook now largely rests with a line of BlackBerry phones based around an entirely new operating system known as QNX.

Those phones, however, will not be for sale until an unspecified point next year. In the interim, RIM has introduced phones with an improved version of its decade-old operating system.
    =======
    So - RIM is saying they are releasing 'interim" phones (like the 99000) - but aren't saying even when those will be released. They are also saying that the phones expected to compete with TODAY's iphone and Android could be a year away.

Kind of depressing for BB addicts. I should mention that RIM did point out that even w. the 10% cut - they still will have the same number of employees they had at the end of 2010.

RIM has introduced phones with 'An improved version OF "it's Decade Old Operating System"...
    ...That sums it up.

At least RIM appears to be getting with the program and plans to stay in the game - We can commend them for that.
    07-25-11 07:07 PM
    My apologies - a duplicate post.
    07-25-11 07:18 PM
    That puts the release sometime between now and Sep 23rd......
    Simba501 likes this.
    07-25-11 07:59 PM
    Thank you for this accurate contribution.
    07-25-11 09:00 PM
    Ok, so I started this thread the day the Bold was announced. After three months later and 23 pages worth of replies, we finally have semi-accurate dates. Well, I'd like to say accurate.
    08-02-11 09:17 PM
    It has been a very long wait....getting impatient. Nearly there....but not yet.
    08-03-11 07:52 AM
    I may have to get a 9000 just to increase my patients haha. Save me from Android
    jinxednuance likes this.
    08-03-11 07:57 AM
    I may have to get a 9000 just to increase my patients haha. Save me from Android
    lol, you shall be saved my friend. I need to be saved from my 9780 (even though I love it) but I adore the new kid on the block... more like man
    08-03-11 08:24 AM
    lol, you shall be saved my friend. I need to be saved from my 9780 (even though I love it) but I adore the new kid on the block... more like man
    Well i wasnt just saying I would buy a temp bb for the time being. I just did! blackberry bold 9000 oh how ive missed you
    08-03-11 02:57 PM
343 ... 121314
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD