I have the VZW 9930, I use the PTT, is this Sprint version going to allow me to have the PTT? Does any one have PTT in their applications? Any body using PTT?

Tia
    12-17-11 03:08 PM
    Yes, I did. The update process stopped and the PC kept giving me a pop up error which kept the device in a 507error. We looked online for a solution and were told to pull out the battery and reconnect usb. Then started over. When the PC popup error returned again, that was when we popped the battery back in and it finished without anymore incidence. It's worked beautifully ever since. Nothing is simple anymore I'm afraid.
    12-17-11 03:10 PM
    I have the VZW 9930, I use the PTT, is this Sprint version going to allow me to have the PTT? Does any one have PTT in their applications? Any body using PTT?

Tia
    The PTT link is in this OS on my Verizon phone. So Yes I would say so.
    12-17-11 03:17 PM
    Downloaded 7.1.... installed and deleted vendor file. Opend up DM and plugged my 9930 in and poof 30 minutes later I have a successful update to 7.1.

As with any OS update, do multiple battery pulls during the first day or 2 and your battery life with go up once the OS settles.

Can anyone confirm what "Plans Application" is? I've searched but there are no answers.
    12-17-11 03:29 PM
    Try this page for an explanation.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...cation-673265/
    Last edited by diffused; 12-17-11 at 04:02 PM.
    12-17-11 03:48 PM
    Try this page for an explanation.
    What page?
    12-17-11 03:55 PM
    After several attempts on different computers, I was unable to get this running on my VZW 9930, I wiped the BlackBerry using JL_Cmder & retried on 32/64 bit architectures, nothing. I even downloaded the file twice since IDM error'd out at 100% stating that it could not compile the pieces into one build, a full download with Internet Explorer and it failed as well.
    AppLoader doesn't get past the "Waiting for device initialization" .. "reconnecting to JVM" stages, the phone stays in a reboot loop and no progress is made. This happened several times. I was forced to return back to 7.0* which installed without an issue. Has anyone had these issues or successfully fixed this issue? I was really hoping to get this build running on my 9930.
    No need to wipe anything but your A$$ if it's itchy! It's very easy to download the version onto vzw lol. You need to remove BOTH vendor files. Follow Elite's instructions. There is 1 vendor file under the program files (x86) and the other under the "USER" apploader\rim file under rim(follow Elite's link). Make sure that when looking for the 2nd vendor file you go into Tools and set your pc to "show hidden files" and you will then see the 2nd vendor file. Delete vendor file #2. Download the file to your pc, then open DM on your pc and connect your vzw 9930 and DM will show you that you have an update.. It's a very easy fix actually. Everyone gets rid of the 1st vendor file but they don't realize there is a 2nd one. Once you start looking for the 2nd file, make sure to go into edit I believe and you have to check the box to show hidden files. Good luck. If you don't want to go thru DM then apter installing the update, go right into apploader and click on the loader.exe but DM keeps you other stuff on your 9930. Good luck!

EDIT: I'm told that there may be only the 1 vendor file. If so, I apologize, but at least you'll know where a 2nd vendor file would be hidden for different carriers...

**EDIT @**: There are two vendor files. I found them both in the noted places.
    Last edited by keyhole; 12-17-11 at 06:52 PM. Reason: update
    N3RVE likes this.
    12-17-11 04:03 PM
    Well, downloaded and installed the 7.1 on my Sprint 9930 with no issues at all. Running quite smoothly.

The only thing that's noticeably different is that my Hotmail e-mail is no longer showing with the Orange Envelope.

Any thoughts on when that will come back on?
    12-17-11 04:45 PM
    No need to wipe anything but your A$$ if it's itchy! It's very easy to download the version onto vzw lol. You need to remove BOTH vendor files. Follow Elite's instructions. There is 1 vendor file under the program files (x86) and the other under the "USER" apploader\rim file under rim(follow Elite's link). Make sure that when looking for the 2nd vendor file you go into Tools and set your pc to "show hidden files" and you will then see the 2nd vendor file. Delete vendor file #2. Download the file to your pc, then open DM on your pc and connect your vzw 9930 and DM will show you that you have an update.. It's a very easy fix actually. Everyone gets rid of the 1st vendor file but they don't realize there is a 2nd one. Once you start looking for the 2nd file, make sure to go into edit I believe and you have to check the box to show hidden files. Good luck. If you don't want to go thru DM then apter installing the update, go right into apploader and click on the loader.exe but DM keeps you other stuff on your 9930. Good luck!

EDIT: I'm told that there may be only the 1 vendor file. If so, I apologize, but at least you'll know where a 2nd vendor file would be hidden for different carriers...
    Yeah I've personally never deleted a second vendor file and I've been fine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-11 05:13 PM
    Yeah I've personally never deleted a second vendor file and I've been fine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I just upgraded and it kept not detecting my new os update on my PC. Then I remembered stupid vendor xml I haven't deleted that file in ages so I tried that but it wasn't there in its usual place. Then I found another cb topic that told me of another place to look and sure enough the second xml file was there. Deleted that, popped up flawlessly afterwards.

Pleasantly surprised and pleased with 7.1. IT FIXED BEDSIDE MODE PROFILE OPTION. That is all I care about at this point

Thanks Sprint.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-17-11 05:32 PM
    Well, downloaded and installed the 7.1 on my Sprint 9930 with no issues at all. Running quite smoothly.

The only thing that's noticeably different is that my Hotmail e-mail is no longer showing with the Orange Envelope.

Any thoughts on when that will come back on?
    You can either just wait for it or you can push your email service books again and it will come back.
    12-17-11 05:48 PM
    The upgrade brought mobile hotspot but it also brought a $30+ monthly fee to use it! I may as well not have this feature. None of my friends are worth that much a month. I have wifi @ home and I have sprint svc(obviously) so I'm good.
    12-17-11 05:50 PM
    Very nice, what exactly did you shrink out?

I just did a direct shrink on my phone using Bb Boss but I was pretty minimalistic because shrinking scares me. Only shrunk out startup video, Gmail plugin, IM crap, and VZ apps. Only saved about 9MBs. Anything else I should shrink?

Sorry for delay. Here is the screenshot from my BBHTool when I shrunk it. Its extreme probably but I don't use any of it.
    12-17-11 06:35 PM
    So far I'm not a fan of this update. The battery drain has been pretty bad (I was happy with the battery life before) and my signal now drops out occasionally. A few positives have been data speeds and the SMS scrolling is fixed. Should I do a security wipe? Maybe a few more battery pulls?
    I'm in the same boat as you. Except I did a security wipe and a complete OS wipe using BBSAK prior to loading this OS and the battery life is still horrendous. Just charged it to full and it dropped 10% within an hour. Perhaps it needs some time to settle in though. Already did about 5 battery pulls and no improvement yet.
    I haven't dropped 30% and I've been on my Bold all day. for me, the battery life in 7.1 is far better than 7.0.0.374.
    12-17-11 06:42 PM
    I also did not do a total wipe before install. I always had problems when I did, especially with battery life, so I have just used Apploader since the 9630 Tour. It does a great backup and its very fast. Never an issue. I installed today at 11am with 80% battery. With 2 battery pulls and LOTS of use its at 35% almost 9 hours later. I'm satisfied.
    12-17-11 06:44 PM
    Okay I give up, this is usually a breeze. I followed the instructions, the apploader only shows installed apps, not the update. I did all the deleting and uninstalling and reinstalling and restarting. The update doesnt show up in DM or the loader.
    Do you have other 9930 OS's installed on your PC? Did you search for any other vendor.xml files? Maybe there's a leftover?

No need to wipe anything but your A$$ if it's itchy!
    wow! that's clever

I also did not do a total wipe before install.
    It's not really necessary, apploader wipes the device anyway.
    12-17-11 06:49 PM

**EDIT @**: There are two vendor files. I found them both in the noted places.
    Strange, I actually didn't find vendor files in either location and Loader found the 7.1 OS just fine and is running right now.... Come to think of it, the last several times I've loaded a leak or official from another vendor, I haven't had to remove any vendor files at all.
    12-17-11 07:21 PM
    Sorry for delay. Here is the screenshot from my BBHTool when I shrunk it. Its extreme probably but I don't use any of it.
    I shrunk down to 71.88MB and 414 files. Extreme, but I don't use that stuff either.
    12-17-11 07:22 PM
    MY bricked VZ 9930 back to life Thx SPRINT
    hi, mine is asking for a password for the phone
    12-17-11 07:58 PM
    Hi. I see you're not using your 9930 in the US. Is it still asking for a subscription to use the mobile hotspot?
    12-17-11 08:18 PM
    You can either just wait for it or you can push your email service books again and it will come back.
    Thank You! I will have to try the latter, since I updated about 12 hours ago. I'll push the books in a few.
    12-17-11 08:58 PM
    My vz 9930 is bricked as well and i think its super bricked because i cant even get past load jvm, and your telling me this saved your phone, wow
    12-17-11 09:10 PM
    thanks. the guide help a lot. I switched back to blackberry this week from thew Droid. Im learning blackberries are like bikes. You will never really forget how to use one.
    12-17-11 09:31 PM
    Strange, I actually didn't find vendor files in either location and Loader found the 7.1 OS just fine and is running right now.... Come to think of it, the last several times I've loaded a leak or official from another vendor, I haven't had to remove any vendor files at all.
    I'm glad your program found the vendor files for you. I'm certainly no Genius like you, but I did find each file where I said they were and was able to remove them and install the update. So for all of us stupid people out here, you can learn some things from those not so techno to be labeled as a "Genius". I bow to you sir...
    12-17-11 09:32 PM
    pcgizmo,

How is your phone call quality with the new sprint 7.1 os? Any signal changes or call quality changes? I actually still use my phone for talking to folks. Miss ya in Rehab. Have you been released?????
    12-17-11 09:59 PM
362 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD