Software For BlackBerry� Bold™ 9930 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.457 (All Languages)

Package Version: 7.1.0.457
    Consisting of:

Applications: 7.1.0.163
    Software Platform: 5.1.0.137
    File name: 9930jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel457_PL5.1.0.137_A7.1.0.16 3_Sprint_L.P.exe
    File size: 245.12MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software

Here's my updated OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's OS UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
      *If 100% certain you've previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps. (Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
      •64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      •32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss v2.2 or BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS).
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is loaded.

TROUBLESHOOTING
    How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available
    There are 2 common reasons:

A. HIDDEN VENDOR FILE
    Consider trying this new desktop app to remove Vendor from several common locations:
    Vendor XML Remover V1.0

If manually deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.
    Check here first:
    •64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    •32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    If Loader still doesn't make new OS available, search PC for "Vendor".

If Vendor is not found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)

B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS
    1. Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2. Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
      •64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    3. Restart PC.
    4. Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5. Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6. Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 12-16-11 at 11:35 PM. Reason: added upgrade guide
    12-16-11 05:00 PM
    Can't wait to give this a shot. Thanks for the link!
    12-16-11 05:13 PM
    I like it! I am playing with the new features now. first thing is the voice dial works great. off for more discovery
    Last edited by jskerutis; 12-16-11 at 07:46 PM.
    12-16-11 05:18 PM
    MY bricked VZ 9930 back to life Thx SPRINT
    Last edited by UnInvited; 12-16-11 at 07:09 PM.
    12-16-11 05:20 PM
    So, I just switched to a Mac in the last month. Any chance someone can help me out with the process now? I'd like to use that software that shrinks the OS, too, so I can get some more room on my device.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    12-16-11 05:32 PM
    can you load this on the 9930 from verizon?
    12-16-11 05:42 PM
    Will this have carrier IQ in it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-11 05:48 PM
    Anyone running this yet? Initial feedback?
    12-16-11 05:49 PM
    VZW wants to charge me 20bucks for 2gb of data a month for mobile hotspot... not going to happen. Well at least my SMS scrolls fine (for now).
    12-16-11 05:56 PM
    I'm sure you can. Just install it and delete the vendor.xml then run the loader.exe.
    12-16-11 05:59 PM
    MY bricked VZ 9930 back to life Thx SPRINT
    Last edited by UnInvited; 12-16-11 at 07:10 PM.
    12-16-11 06:11 PM
    I'm sure you can. Just install it and delete the vendor.xml then run the loader.exe.
    How do I do this?
    12-16-11 06:19 PM
    How do I do this?
    Yes you can download this to your device, not necessary to have Sprint's device, as long as your phone is also 9930 you are good to go.

how to do this? Please search here in this site or google it, its been tens of times posted how to do this.

Good luck !!!
    pocketkings97 likes this.
    12-16-11 06:37 PM
    Here's my updated OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's OS UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
      *If 100% certain you've previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps. (Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss v2.2 or BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS).
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is loaded.

TROUBLESHOOTING
    How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available
    There are 2 common reasons:

A. HIDDEN VENDOR FILE
    Consider trying this new desktop app to remove Vendor from several common locations:
    Vendor XML Remover V1.0

If manually deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.
    Check here first:
    •64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    •32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    If Loader still doesn't make new OS available, search PC for "Vendor".

If Vendor is not found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)

B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS
    1. Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2. Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
    3. Restart PC.
    4. Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5. Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6. Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    Last edited by elite1; 12-16-11 at 08:31 PM. Reason: added few links + Troubleshooting guide
    12-16-11 06:43 PM
    how would i install this on a verizon 9930 using a mac?
    sta1 likes this.
    12-16-11 06:48 PM
    basically you need a windows pc or a windows partition as this exe is made for windows.
    12-16-11 07:21 PM
    how would i install this on a verizon 9930 using a mac?
    basically you need a windows pc or a windows partition as this exe is made for windows.
    Yep just like Zocster said...
    There are a few programs you can use for this. Apparently most use Bootcamp or VMWare Fusion.
    12-16-11 07:58 PM
    Downloaded earlier through DM. Set everything up and everything seems to be working fine. I noticed a few new categories under options. Most notably under Options>Device-I think the Payment and Billing option is new. Then under Advanced System Settings>BB Device Analyzer. I had a little trouble getting BB Maps and App World to connect, but after a few battery pulls everything is working.
    I couldn't get the latest version of BBM in Beta Zone to work. No big deal, but I liked being able to switch chat bubble colors for my contacts.
    Good news is that the latest version of QuickLaunch ver. 4.0, which I just paid to upgrade and wouldn't work on the version of 7.0 that I had, now works on this build.
    If anyone knows what the Plans Application by RIM that shows up in Applications Management is, please explain. I can't seem to find it anywhere on my BB.
    12-16-11 08:13 PM
    I ended up dusting off my Dell laptop and shrinking the OS with HybridTools. Nothing noticeable yet, of course. But it's up and running after a 507 error, wipe, and re-install. Gotta get my Mobihand apps back now.
    12-16-11 08:21 PM
    I'm sure you can.
    Absolutely you can!
    12-16-11 09:24 PM
    This build seems excellent for me. App World is incredibly fast and the bug where file sizes were represented incorrectly is gone. So it doesn't "over-download" anymore. It feels a bit smoother too but that could be due to initially loading.

I had about 230mb free before loading apps up and am now at 215mb. I'll see how the memory leak is over the next few days. I can't comment on battery since it's too early of course.

The screen looks a bit darker but it could be in my head. Overall, I am really liking this build SO FAR. The real test is how it will be over a few days. But I think I see what my 9900 buddies have been raving about with 7.1 the past few weeks. We're jumping from a much older .374 build so the changes are more apparent vs. gradual.

Oh and browser seems smoother/faster for sure too. Anything requiring data (maybe wifi drivers?) seems to run faster. It's nice that apps like app world and news are optimized for wifi use now too. It gives our non-"4G" 9930s something closer to our GSM counterparts.

Hope you all enjoy the build like I am!

Edit: Nevermind about the screen looking more dim, it's because I had auto dim enabled. Ignore that.
    Last edited by UrbanGlowCam; 12-16-11 at 11:07 PM.
    12-16-11 10:26 PM
    Wifi music sync appears to NOT be usable on this build, any ideas as to why?
    12-16-11 11:01 PM
    12-16-11 11:03 PM
    Thanks Elite1!

It didnt take long to install, and i will get back to you all tomorrow on all the sweet new things this OS has to offer (because its midnight now..) I can tell you this: there is a new "Emergency Alert Message" icon, Mobile Hotspot costs money, CarrierIQ should NOT be on this new OS, WIFI seems to work ok... yea, everything seems in order.

You might need to do a few battery pulls to get the full potential out of this.
    12-16-11 11:51 PM
    Wifi music sync appears to NOT be usable on this build, any ideas as to why?
    Reconnect to DM and turn on wifi sync then it should install the app on your phone.
    12-16-11 11:53 PM
362 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD