Yes you can still update that way but the update will only show up if it's from your carrier and you wont be able to shrink etc. Elite's method covers everything including leaked OS's.

Alan.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I dont even know what 'shrink etc' means, not very educated in this area, sorry , i want to stick with the conventional way so i dont end up doing any damage to my phone or so, but if problems arise and i cannot update the software properly, i will use elite1's way, hopefully i dont eff up my phone while doing it.
    09-05-13 11:48 AM
    Get it Dude you will like it, assuming that you are not wanting to go to a Q10. Most people did if they could get out of their contracts, that's what I am waiting for.
    09-05-13 12:02 PM
    Use this firmware the second week, very much, the only thing that is always angry when you check account balance * 1234 # is a very bad signal.
    09-08-13 11:56 AM
    I am really sick and tired of my 9900.. I had this problem of my BB switching to another network from the day i purchased it.. initially i thought it might be related to my service provider, so i changed my service provider.. .. I mean in my place every one has almost same network.. There is no network problem with any one except my bb.. I tried keeping it in manual mode.. In automatic mode.. nothing helped.. it always switch network and will show sos.. then I have to go to manual mode scan for network and get my network back.. But I kinda got used to it.. but as soon as I shifted to this update hell broke.. Now as soon as I go to twitter mail, news whatsapp.. it will show zero network.. when next phone will ne showing full network.. M really tired now.. I was a big fan of BB.. but now its pissing me off.. Can any one of u help me please.. Is it a software problem of hardware??
    09-08-13 12:55 PM
    I am really sick and tired of my 9900.. I had this problem of my BB switching to another network from the day i purchased it.. initially i thought it might be related to my service provider, so i changed my service provider.. .. I mean in my place every one has almost same network.. There is no network problem with any one except my bb.. I tried keeping it in manual mode.. In automatic mode.. nothing helped.. it always switch network and will show sos.. then I have to go to manual mode scan for network and get my network back.. But I kinda got used to it.. but as soon as I shifted to this update hell broke.. Now as soon as I go to twitter mail, news whatsapp.. it will show zero network.. when next phone will ne showing full network.. M really tired now.. I was a big fan of BB.. but now its pissing me off.. Can any one of u help me please.. Is it a software problem of hardware??
    Have you tried calling your carrier regarding this issue? this seems unique to you as this is the only time I see it on this forum. We all have BB's in the family, and this has never happened to us. So it is not a phone issue but may be a carrier problem.
    09-15-13 01:22 AM
    will 9900 support OS 7.2?
    1) Yes
    2) No
    3) Maybe
    4) What is OS 7.2 ?

Those answer you would find in the thread asking exactly the same question...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9900-a-826290/
    Yes, I know it is two months old now. But nothing has changed since then, I am afraid.
    09-17-13 09:18 AM
    I installed this update and it did a couple of cool things. First, it cleared out my 'other' app storage which was over 200MB to less than 100MB, giving me more space for apps and app data. (I was experiencing an issue where my remaining 40 - 50MB storage would slowly drain down to just a couple of MBs the longer I used the phone, making it lock up.)

Secondly, BBM via BlackBerry Bridge on my PlayBook works now

It's also added a few cosmetic improvements.

I don't notice any extra battery power.
    10-05-13 03:54 PM
    Does this build have the hotspot working?
    10-14-13 11:16 PM
    Does this build have the hotspot working?
    Hotspot has been supported since way back, but usually, this needs subscription from carriers...it is available depending on your plan...
    10-15-13 07:03 AM
    Guys,

just got the new Vodafone DE version but my BB Maps is gone. I had quite some apps that were missing (never happend with an update before). now, i can't download BB maps as it says it would not be available for my OS - anyone having similiar experiences?

Thanks, Dave
    10-22-13 07:59 AM
110 ... 345