- 01-17-13, 09:41 PM #76
- 01-17-13, 10:41 PM #79
Finished installing .825 - some observations:
- Signal's great (compared to Rogers .746) - on Rogers
- Sound seems crisper than .746
- experienced memory leak with .746 (re-installed OS twice after full wipe, memory leak always there) - .825 no memory leak
- overall .825 seems snappier (after database rebuilt) and definitely boots faster than .746
- updated BBM to 7.1 without issues - had to re-install (upgrade?) AppWorld twice for some reason (?) - how many versions of AppWorld are there??
Issue noticed so far:
- once I start YouTube to watch a video, hitting the ESC key too often results in a complete system freeze - only option is a battery-pull
-- had problems restoring contacts and calendar from Desktop Manager v.220.127.116.11 from Outlook 2010 (using Organizer). First attempt to restore calendar events using DM Organizer ended with "successful restore" but checking calendar on BB showed 0 (zero) entries. Second attempt transferred all calendar entries. (Is this a bug with DM v.18.104.22.168 ??? Never experienced backup/restore issues with the previous build...) ... Only way to restore contacts was using "Restore" function in Desktop Manager - Organizer will not restore contacts backed-up to Outlook - at all.
- 01-17-13, 11:04 PM #80
Latest 9900 Official OS 22.214.171.1245 from Vodafone DE
downloaded it and immediately noticed that theres lag. while i swipe through the panels on the home screen its choppy and not fluid. have downgraded to .794 and its working fine
Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
- 01-17-13, 11:53 PM #82
Ok, Finally I have figured out how to update this damn thing!
Elite is Missing a few Major steps and they are:
After you see Application Name
Select to Restore your Data
A New screen will show up saying: Application data will be backed up and restored. Your device will be reactivated after updating the software.
(THIS is the KEY step to knowing that you Are going to have an Updated Version even from doing ALL of Elite's steps and I Mean alllllllllll of them)
Then hit Next
And last, wait for your device to update.
Edit- Well maybe What I suggested will work for YALL, but uh I just checked my Device Version, IT STILL SAYS .746!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by calicocat2010; 01-18-13 at 12:18 AM.I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
- CrackBerry Newbie
01-18-13, 01:23 AM #84
- 5 Posts
Hello guys! Which version of the .sfi is included on that build?
Revision number can be found on the version page.
For the .794 China Unicom for exemple, the version is 126.96.36.199.1, SV 52. I got really strong signal with (Orange France liked it).
- CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses
01-18-13, 02:18 AM #87
- 12,579 Posts
- Optional, but not needed.
Subbin'. I'll report back once I load 'er up and after a few weekies of settling in.
- 01-18-13, 02:51 AM #88I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
- CrackBerry Abuser
01-18-13, 04:41 AM #89
- 179 Posts
Snappier, nicer start up animation (is it?), doesn't get warm at all .
BB Maps seem to be lot nicer, task switching has a title... I like it so far!
Last edited by LyoobaBerry; 01-18-13 at 04:59 AM.BES Admin to the core.
Been supporting and working with BB devices even before I ever saw one in reality
Curve 8300, Curve 8310, Bold 9700, Bold 9900 188.8.131.525, PB 64GB, Q10, Z10 LTE, Z10 3G, Z30, Passport
- CrackBerry Abuser
01-18-13, 04:46 AM #90
- 269 Posts
The music player still has the annoying tick box for every time you want to go loud and confirm you want it loud. An OS a few back had a 'remember this' box but the last couple have left it out. Oh well, tick box every time it is then!(9000 > 9800 > 9360 > 9900 > Z10 + PlayBook + shares)
- CrackBerry Addict
01-18-13, 09:13 AM #98
- 913 Posts
Does a wipe before installation prevent memory leak? It has been my opinion (which may be erroneous, of course) that installation of an os wipes the phone automatically.
- 01-18-13, 09:38 AM #99
Was perfect after wipe and since then I have always done a BBSAK wipe before installing any new OS and have not had a single issue since.
Memory leak with the latest BL Ultimate Hybrid is negligible, 0.6mb over the last 5 days since last restart after updating an app.
Try it, nothing to lose and may well sort your problem.
BlackBerry 302: A complete wipe and clean install of your BlackBerry OS | CrackBerry.com
I would also advise doing a fresh install of apps following a new OS load too.Passport SQW100-1 10.3.2. but I can't tell you which one
If I've helped or amused you feel free to use the Liked or Thanked buttons
- 01-18-13, 10:14 AM #100
Memory leak will occur on any Java-based BBOS. It's what they do, caused by poorly written apps... and the reason the battery pull was invented.
- By rroyy in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 254Last Post: 02-06-13, 03:28 PM
- By rroyy in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 83Last Post: 11-02-12, 08:50 AM
- By greg_z in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 2Last Post: 10-11-12, 04:51 PM
- By cobracam in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 1Last Post: 10-04-12, 03:16 AM
- By bospol in forum BlackBerry Torch 9810Replies: 171Last Post: 12-11-11, 09:17 PM