I can't remember the last time I saw that option... back on OS7 I think. Must be a country law thing, possibly controlled by service books?
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    01-25-13 05:57 PM
    This is the pop up where you select for it not to be shown again after checking Audio Boost.

01-25-13 06:02 PM
    I can't remember the last time I saw that option... back on OS7 I think. Must be a country law thing, possibly controlled by service books?
    OS6 maybe or 7.0???
    But what you say is quite possible and very plausible.
    01-25-13 06:03 PM
    Its weird ill grab a screen much next time it appears - Dunno sometimes it does and sometimes it dosnt ill look into it might edit some of the files see if i get it to go away.
    01-25-13 06:05 PM
    Right ive caught it you have to have you headphones in by the way

Usually there is a don't show this dialog again option but its absent in this version

so now everytime i restart i get this horrible message popping up......

01-25-13 06:20 PM
    Right ive caught it you have to have you headphones in by the way
    Usually there is a don't show this dialog again option but its absent in this version
    so now everytime i restart i get this horrible message popping up......
    I just plugged in my headphones and that does not show for me.
    It appears to already have been taken care of with the Audio Boost option already elected.
    I think Phill may be correct in that it could be carrier/service books related.
    Kinda sucks that you have to get that pop up on every restart. Frustrating...
    01-25-13 06:38 PM
    This release still has the Aruba wifi HT (high throughput) bug. It can't make a stable association with an SSID on an Aruba controller if HT is enabled for the SSID.
    01-25-13 08:33 PM
    ive had .825 for a while now and some issues im having are:
    1. the browser has a white box covering the entire bottom 1/5th of the screen. it only happens every once in a while and it's quite annoying because i cant see anything on the bottom of the screen because of the white box. the only way to stop it is to close the browser and reopen it
    2. the browser doesn't scroll up or down properly. again this only happens once in a while. it happened on google earlier when i searched something, i was scrolling through the results and when i swipe up with my thumb it moves EXTEREMELY slow and the only way to stop it is to close the browser and restart.

other than that .825 operates the exact same as .794 for me

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-25-13 09:36 PM
    ive had .825 for a while now and some issues im having are:
    1. the browser has a white box covering the entire bottom 1/5th of the screen. it only happens every once in a while and it's quite annoying because i cant see anything on the bottom of the screen because of the white box. the only way to stop it is to close the browser and reopen it
    2. the browser doesn't scroll up or down properly. again this only happens once in a while. it happened on google earlier when i searched something, i was scrolling through the results and when i swipe up with my thumb it moves EXTEREMELY slow and the only way to stop it is to close the browser and restart.

other than that .825 operates the exact same as .794 for me

I have the same browser issue. It's rare though, so it's not a big deal. Gettin' myself a BB10 on launch anyhow.
    01-25-13 09:48 PM
    hello all,

i installed .825 yesterday and I'm having a strange issue with my email through exchange. The senders name is being replaced by another contact name in my address book that has the same last name. I cannot reply to these emails because the address isn't valid. I sent an email to myself and it replaced my name (sender) with my uncle who has the same name.

Any ideas?
    01-26-13 10:07 AM
    weird...have you done a battery pull? otherwise, do another install and see what happens...
    01-26-13 11:45 AM
    I haven't got the option either Phill and I'm on UK Voda as well. It's probably an "elf and safety" issue in the UK. You know what they are like here.

01-26-13 12:37 PM
    I have the Audio Boost option on .825
    01-26-13 01:08 PM
    I have the Audio Boost option on .825
    In what country are you living?
    01-26-13 02:11 PM
    Yes I as well have a better mobile signal. Wifi for me was fine. I did replace my router before (dlink amplifi 827) replaced with an asus ac66U
    It has an excellent singal. Wifi at my home was ok but had disconnection problems. The asus is always broadcasting wireless and is great. My wifi on public connections is improved after updating. Software.
    01-26-13 09:49 PM
    Actually this is a generic problem with the 9900, it can't do 802.11n channel bonding at 2.4GHz it can't handle anything other than 54Mbits and if your AP is trying to bond channels for 108Mbit 802.11g it can't get a stable association no matter the AP vendor.
    01-26-13 09:50 PM
    I haven't got the option either Phill and I'm on UK Voda as well. It's probably an "elf and safety" issue in the UK. You know what they are like here.
    Cheers for confirming that Alan. Thought I was going crazy here, and I'd shrunk something out I shouldn't have. Don't know whether it's a whole of the UK restriction, or just Voda who removed the option?
    01-27-13 04:28 AM
    hello all,

i installed .825 yesterday and I'm having a strange issue with my email through exchange. The senders name is being replaced by another contact name in my address book that has the same last name. I cannot reply to these emails because the address isn't valid. I sent an email to myself and it replaced my name (sender) with my uncle who has the same name.

Any ideas?
    Had that issue with .794 and it required a reboot of the BES which after much trial and error on the device side, fixed the problem.
    01-27-13 08:34 AM
    The actual breakdown for the vendor files is as follows

~\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader\
    ~\Users\<Your username>\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\Blackberry\Loader XML\

It has been this way forever. If you don't see that breakdown it is because you don't have the hidden files enabled. Or perhaps your using an OS other than Windows.
    You know since I did check the Show hidden files, I never even looked to see if it would actually show in my C drive itself and not the x86 directory. I SEE it thanks! However, lol like I said I was able to update my Torch without Ever having to enable Show hidden files and the bloody phone still updated.
    Wow this is cool! Ok well I will have to update later because I'm picking up a friend in a bit.

_____

YAY it updated woohoo.

Ok little change I have noticed: When texting there is a gray default text in the text field stating, "Press R to Reply" . Nice to have if this was a new person using a BlackBerry with this version.
    Last edited by calicocat2010; 01-27-13 at 09:30 PM.
    01-27-13 03:13 PM
    Finished installing .825 - some observations:

- Signal's great (compared to Rogers .746) - on Rogers
    - Sound seems crisper than .746
    - experienced memory leak with .746 (re-installed OS twice after full wipe, memory leak always there) - .825 no memory leak
    - overall .825 seems snappier (after database rebuilt) and definitely boots faster than .746
    - updated BBM to 7.1 without issues - had to re-install (upgrade?) AppWorld twice for some reason (?) - how many versions of AppWorld are there??

Issue noticed so far:
    - once I start YouTube to watch a video, hitting the ESC key too often results in a complete system freeze - only option is a battery-pull
    -- had problems restoring contacts and calendar from Desktop Manager v.7.1.0.37 from Outlook 2010 (using Organizer). First attempt to restore calendar events using DM Organizer ended with "successful restore" but checking calendar on BB showed 0 (zero) entries. Second attempt transferred all calendar entries. (Is this a bug with DM v.7.1.0.37 ??? Never experienced backup/restore issues with the previous build...) ... Only way to restore contacts was using "Restore" function in Desktop Manager - Organizer will not restore contacts backed-up to Outlook - at all.
    What do you mean - overall .825 seems snappier (after database rebuilt) -what's is the database rebuilt you did?

Thanks
    01-28-13 07:56 AM
    I flashed it yesterday running great, I did a battery pull while the phone was running today, should I do this? How many times?
    01-28-13 08:11 AM
    I flashed it yesterday running great, I did a battery pull while the phone was running today, should I do this? How many times?
    Well it is a new OS so yeah you need to do a few battery pulls until it settles.
    01-28-13 12:30 PM
    What do you mean - overall .825 seems snappier (after database rebuilt) -what's is the database rebuilt you did?

Thanks
    +1 on this question
    01-28-13 02:42 PM
    what's is the database rebuilt you did?
    Probably means he did a selective backup/restore and didn't include any previous App Permissions, Content Store, Searches, RMS databases etc... just let them recreate again from fresh.
    I often do that after a new OS installation, especially if I've removed some old apps. It stops additional and unwanted data from getting transferred over.
    01-28-13 05:00 PM
    Well I've downloaded, and now I need to restart my computer so I can install it to my phone. I'm hoping it fixes the battery issue I've noticed lately (40% or even 60% to 1% instantly) and the oddity that the mobile network randomly drops, or won't come back properly after a low battery radio off, it just won't find my home network.
    I'll be coming from 746
    01-28-13 06:59 PM
334 ... 1011121314