I usually charge my phone overnight (11 pm until 8 am), but left it unplugged last night to see what the idle ADR is. WIFI and BT were off. It started at 40% and was down to 20% by morning. The previous night it was down 2%. This morning, at around 4 am, over a period of a few minutes, the battery discharged almost 10%. This is really strange. I've never seen that before. I'll try it again tonight.
    it may be time to replace the battery. I just got a new one myself after a series of massive battery drains.
    01-23-13 10:13 PM
    I usually charge my phone overnight (11 pm until 8 am), but left it unplugged last night to see what the idle ADR is. WIFI and BT were off. It started at 40% and was down to 20% by morning. The previous night it was down 2%. This morning, at around 4 am, over a period of a few minutes, the battery discharged almost 10%. This is really strange. I've never seen that before. I'll try it again tonight.
    I also used to have a higher Adr in the night and this is what i did :

1) options > third party apps> disable (collection of usage data)
    2) options > device > advanced system settings > disable ( browser push)

Hope this helps !
    01-23-13 10:30 PM

Hope this helps !
    I can't find the option to disable third party apps on OS 7.1. What OS are you running?
    01-24-13 12:43 AM
    I can't find the option to disable third party apps on OS 7.1. What OS are you running?
    I use 7.1.0.825 OS from Vodafone.......you will find it in options> last or number 9th below security and accessibilty
    01-24-13 01:26 AM
    So here's another update. 42 hrs 22 mins 4 secs - 5% Battery - 111.64 MB I'd say that's pretty darn good.
    01-24-13 02:01 AM
    It is most likely because after upgrading your OS you were prompted to update your BBID.
    The currently required BBID is a higher version than the BBID version that comes with the OS install.
    So when you connect to DM, it is asking you to downgrade back to the lower version that is included in the OS.
    I have no idea why RIM did not include the latest version of BBID in this OS since most of the application modules are current.
    Or, at least have DM recognize that you have the current available version already installed.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post7863948

I have found that it's best for me to read through these threads to be aware of findings & fixes posted by other members.
    Most of the time my questions are already answered, and I can become aware of things to look for.
    I just take the time and effort to see what's being reported. It helps me a lot.
    I think RIM did it on purpose. For those who come this far up until os 7.1.0.825, we should know/ understand our device and most importantly we know what we're doing. Like in this community we're joining, there is classification from newbie, user and so forth. I supposed those criteria are earned properly.

First, I could not recover my 6 groups, yet after several reordering process I succeeded. Oh ya, I use 714's fat .sfi
    Last edited by r_hafeed; 01-24-13 at 06:24 AM.
    01-24-13 02:29 AM
    Thanks to everyone who replied to my post. Perhaps it wasn't clear, but I was suggesting the huge one night discharge was anomalous, not typical. I tried again last night and this time, the ADR was under 0.9% per hour, which is more like it. I guess there's no way to know what caused the problem, but it seems to have been a one-time occurance.
    Last edited by bimmerdriver; 01-24-13 at 08:01 PM.
    01-24-13 11:41 AM
    If you have the option to view hidden files and folders enabled and you still don't see AppData then there's something else wrong and we can't really help you with that. Are you sure you're in the right directory?
    Yes I'm sure. In my C drive directory I do not have Appdata to show at all. I didn't have this either for my Torch, but was still able to update. After .746 I can't update anymore. Luckily BB10 is just around the corner.
    01-24-13 12:41 PM
    Just a quick note to say I tried this upgrade (from .714) and my phone was no longer a phone...

The phone icon went, and though the icon was in the quick switcher you couldn't select it.

I'm downgrading back to the older version as I need a working phone.
    Last edited by iamq; 01-24-13 at 05:47 PM.
    01-24-13 05:07 PM
    Just a quick note to say I tried this upgrade (from .714) and my phone was no longer a phone...
    A bad install... it happens.
    Definitely not the OS, as you're the first to experience this.
    01-24-13 06:01 PM
    I will re-try over the weekend. I don't have the time now tonight to go through it all again.

Also after the downgrade it decided to drop my BES service books but I will try & resend them from the server before I re-add the account.
    01-24-13 06:12 PM
    Yes I'm sure. In my C drive directory I do not have Appdata to show at all. I didn't have this either for my Torch, but was still able to update. After .746 I can't update anymore. Luckily BB10 is just around the corner.
    The actual breakdown for the vendor files is as follows

~\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader\
    ~\Users\<Your username>\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\Blackberry\Loader XML\

It has been this way forever. If you don't see that breakdown it is because you don't have the hidden files enabled. Or perhaps your using an OS other than Windows.
    01-24-13 11:16 PM
    Is anybody else's YouTube app not working? The icon doesn't respond when selected.
    01-25-13 12:39 AM
    My YouTube is working properly when selected.
    01-25-13 11:28 AM

Hope this helps !
    i dont think this will have a huge impact on battery comsumption due to the fact it may use data once a week but still some thing is better than nothing.

i have desiabled it and feeling like already saving battery
    01-25-13 11:30 AM
    Why don't you try installing the OS through BBH Tools? It has a built in delete vendor file button. And should you want to shrink the OS, you can shrink it too. Then, when you are done, just hit the Load OS button and it will load the OS for you. Very convenient. No more hunting for the vendor.xml file.
    01-25-13 12:18 PM
    The only problem is there isn't a "don't show this message again" on "unsafe volume warning dialog" Anybody know how I can stop this coming up without downgrading my OS?

01-25-13 05:07 PM
    The only problem is there isn't a "don't show this message again" on "unsafe volume warning dialog" Anybody know how I can stop this coming up without downgrading my OS?
    I've never had an 'unsafe volume' warning on any OS. Where does it appear, music playback or ringtone volume?
    01-25-13 05:20 PM
    I've never had an 'unsafe volume' warning on any OS. Where does it appear, music playback or ringtone volume?
    On the Music player when you try to turn your music up using audio boost usually a dialog comes up and you can click don't show again but in this OS its missing
    01-25-13 05:40 PM
    You have to scroll down to the bottom of the dialogue pop up to check the box for that option.
    It is located on the Media Panel->Menu->Media Options->Audio Boost.
    01-25-13 05:45 PM
    On the Music player when you try to turn your music up using audio boost usually a dialog comes up and you can click don't show again but in this OS its missing
    There is no audio boost option anymore, and there hasn't been for a while.
    01-25-13 05:45 PM
    Sorry, Just to add that you can also get to that page directly from the VoiceNotes application->Options.
    01-25-13 05:47 PM
    It is located on the Media Panel->Menu->Media Options->Audio Boost.
    Not seeing it...

01-25-13 05:47 PM
    There is no audio boost option anymore, and there hasn't been for a while.
    It is in the Media Options...
    01-25-13 05:48 PM
    I get the option for it...
    01-25-13 05:54 PM
334 ... 910111213 ...